Penile doppler test

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Tellmehow

Penile doppler test

Postby Tellmehow » Sun May 24, 2020 5:51 am

Hi all. I have a question regarding penile doppler test for detecting venous leak. Those who were diagnosed with VL, did you achieve a full erection during the test? Does diagnosis of a vl have anything to do with achieving or maintaining erection after the injection or just the numbers on the monitor matter regardless of erection hardness?

SteveSW

Re: Penile doppler test

Postby SteveSW » Sun May 24, 2020 10:29 am

I had a doppler done last year. The Dr explained they would give me a Trimix injection to cause erection, and then do the test. The P.A. gave me a small shot, and I was left alone to massage my penis, and hopefully gain a hard on. The doc re-entered the room, told me my resulting slight engorgement would be sufficient, since all he needed for the test was increased blood flow. He spent a significant amount of time scanning(?) my dick with the wand, identifying my Peyronie's plaque, and what he called a "severe" VL. After he was done, he played back the test for me, and pointed out what he saw as the large mass, and the identified VL. I couldn't see what he saw, but I appreciated the VL diagnosis.

As it was explained to me, it is a matter of finding a high enough strength and dosage of Trimix to overcome the VL, which in my case is achievable, after trying different, and increasing, prescription strengths. Good luck, the doppler is a very easy, painless test.
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

Tellmehow

Postby Tellmehow » Sun May 24, 2020 10:50 am

SteveSW wrote:I had a doppler done last year. The Dr explained they would give me a Trimix injection to cause erection, and then do the test. The P.A. gave me a small shot, and I was left alone to massage my penis, and hopefully gain a hard on. The doc re-entered the room, told me my resulting slight engorgement would be sufficient, since all he needed for the test was increased blood flow. He spent a significant amount of time scanning(?) my dick with the wand, identifying my Peyronie's plaque, and what he called a "severe" VL. After he was done, he played back the test for me, and pointed out what he saw as the large mass, and the identified VL. I couldn't see what he saw, but I appreciated the VL diagnosis.

As it was explained to me, it is a matter of finding a high enough strength and dosage of Trimix to overcome the VL, which in my case is achievable, after trying different, and increasing, prescription strengths. Good luck, the doppler is a very easy, painless test.

Thanks. You mean the erection you achieved was stronger than what you were able to achieve for example by masturbating without injection?

SteveSW

Postby SteveSW » Sun May 24, 2020 2:28 pm

No, I could achieve that level of "chubby" easily through manual stimulation, but it would not have stayed tumescent long enough, without constant masturbation, for the Dr to complete the test. The shot at least increased blood flow into my dick, which he said was sufficient for doppler. It was maybe about a 20% boner.
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Mon May 25, 2020 9:50 am

My surgeon did a doppler on me the year before my implant. Small shot of Trimix (?) and let me sit for 15 minutes. I didn't get an erection but it sure got bigger, maybe a 50-60% hard on. Nurse did the Ultra Sound with enough lube to wet my entire crotch. When she was done she left the room for me to wash up. Washing up my penis got harder from the manipulation, and I wanted to masturbate then and there. I didn't, but coming out of the room the nurse looked very surprised I was so quick. She had left me enough towels to take a bath! Makes me wonder if some guys do masturbate after a doppler being that they haven't had a hard on for some time.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Return to “General Discussion”