Re: How to talk to my doctor??

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
franglais

Postby franglais » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:44 am

x
Last edited by franglais on Sun May 22, 2011 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

regain-is-the-aim

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:55 pm

Owen:

Go for it. This is a big deal and you are correct in dealing with it now. In this day and age I would suggest you frankly discuss the issue with your doc. If he/she is hesitant don't be put-off as this can also get personal for them. Ask to be referred to a urologist who is focused on this issue. In some places there are academic centers who have docs who really focus on this problem. I would suggest you not "try" anything else and get to the doc to see if the ed is a symptom of something else or how best you begin to treat. The earlier you begin treatment the better and more options should be available to you.

In the mean time keep the blood flowing as often as you can! Yes!! You are blessed with a partner who is patient, understanding and helpful. Under the "Pumps" section is a device listed called the "Prelude". You might get started with that. I have one, use it a lot and really like it. It's not really a pump but works on vacuum and is easy to use. They are available in 3 sizes; size is determined by thickness/girth of your shaft. It is not for sex but for blood flow stimulation. The people at the site are helpful and will talk with you if you call; answering any and all questions. I called and felt well accepted.

My ed is from surgery for PCa so we come to this issue from different paths- but here we are. As you continue your journey remember the guys on this site have a lot of experience to offer and tremendous common sense- and humor. I am reasonably new to the site and have gained a great deal from my interactions with members of this clan. Your posting was not too frank and your question is most timely.

Best of luck.

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

franglais

Postby franglais » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:29 am

x
Last edited by franglais on Sun May 22, 2011 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daveuk36

Postby Daveuk36 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:23 am

Hi Owen,

Im a guy similar age to you so i know where you are coming from. My ED is not the result of any major trauma or illness either. I have not as yet plucked up the courage to go to the docs.
Also, hi, good to see another UK guy on here. Dave
Dave, 37, married guy, Sleep problems and meds causing ED

Flavio

Postby Flavio » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:06 am

Yes, go see a doctor (urologist) as soon as possible. Self-medication is always a risk. Only a doctor can determine the exact cause of your problem and prescribe you the right treatment. I know it's not easy but it is the first step towards a full recovery.

I remember I was extremely nervous when I first consulted my doctor, but it was worth it. Today I'm 33 y.o. and my sex life is great.
Age 40. Psychogenic ED for over 20 years. Current regimen: Udenafil 200 mg, oral phentolamine mesylate 40 mg, Seredyn.

imhungguy

Postby imhungguy » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:25 pm

I am so glad to see this discussion. I have had e.d. most of my life, for no apparent reason at all. I am fairly well hung and partners would always ask me if that was as hard as i got. Tried eveything, then finally got an implant. Would be glad to discuss anything at all with anyone who wants to chat. Bill (billcurtis789@gmail.com)

Return to “General Discussion”