Can venous leaks be treated?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
oatmealkid

Re: Can venous leaks be treated?

Postby oatmealkid » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:02 pm

Way out west wrote:I did stumble across this place: https://mhdclinic.com/venous-leakage-treatment-surgery/, which sounds quite promising and will no doubt be much cheaper than in the UK, not that I'm looking to solve things the cheapest way, but from the website, it sounds like they know what they are talking about, as opposed to the few people I've seen in the UK, that clearly don't!

amigo be careful with any doctor willing to perform unnecessary surgery at any price
if you have severe ED with venous leakage an implant will likely be the only cure
70yo m Fla. Severe ED due to type2 diabetes.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:32 pm

If you are going to fix venous leakage, it would help to find the location of the leak. In my case, I suspect the leak was high up (upstream) enough that any surgery to fix it would still allow problematic leakage. A leak in the tunica itself would not respond to anything to be done to the veins that drain the tunica (the ones typically thought of as leaking).

So, in my case, I suspect the answer was, "No, a venous leak fix would not have helped."

I will also note that, strictly speaking, an implant does not "cure" E.D. In fact, it makes it worse, and permanent. Much as amputating a (mostly) ruined foot in favor of a functional prosthetic does. Without the prosthetic (implant or foot), the patient is actually worse off than before the surgery and there is no coming back to the pre-op status even if a true cure could be found (re-growing damaged foot parts or re-growing damaged penis parts). But the prosthetic is SO MUCH BETTER than limping along on a soft dick that we effectively think of the implant as a "cure".
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:54 pm

I had two doctors tell me the surgery to fix a Venous Leak is unreliable and very rarely does it correct the problem.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Way out west

Postby Way out west » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:20 am

It sounds like PRP and/or Gainswave can be used to treat a venous leak...

Robert66

Postby Robert66 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:17 am

Well i sure no nothing about nothing but when i went to my uro they did an ultrasound and said i have some leakage i started injecting would get hard but fade fast same time a other dotor was.treating a bad varicose vein problem back of leg hard to walk they put me on daflon and leg got better and same time dick got better did the daflon help both problems ? Who know but i am not complaining
edex and tri mix 45/1/27 26 units

Jaypeep

Postby Jaypeep » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:50 am

I have a VL and tried two full rounds (12 seasions) of Gaineswave and two PRP shots. It may help some, as my doc reporta fantastic results for some guys; but did nothing for me. Well, the PRP shots were done with a filling substance so they did make me girthier for about 6 months. That was good at least!
49 year old gay male. ED for 20+ years. Diagnosed with VL. Recently switched from pills to Trimix.

ETGuy71

Postby ETGuy71 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:01 pm

I too have VL. However, currently Trimix counters that with 2hr erections! I’ve also done P Shots and a GainsWave, all prior to the ultrasound verification of VL! Yes the P Shot made my penis look much more girthy, which is great, but I feel that is due to the VED that must be used in conjunction with the shot.
The GainsWave treatments actually felt good to me and gave me erection during the treatment. However, none of these treatments sustained! The effects diminished in a few of months! One note to take from this is that when I had the ultrasound done on penis my urologist said I had double the inflow of blood that he normally sees with patients! He said that’s like due to the GainsWave and the angiogenesis of the arterial system. But fixing the VL, didn’t happen! I also watched the video by Dr. Kramer doing an implant on patient that had done GainsWave. He specifically noted and pointed out the thickening of the Corpra tissues that he attributed to the shockwave therapy. He wasn’t a big fan of that treatment.
It seems to me that the thicker Corpra was an impediment to the surgery! I guess I’ll find out when it’s my time for implant. So, do these two treatments modalities actually work for ED! I’m thinking not as much long term benefits that would justify the expense!
Diagnosed venous leak. Going with injections rather than implant for the time being.

Return to “General Discussion”