what are the first signs/symptoms of venous leak?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
nick.young1888
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:20 am

what are the first signs/symptoms of venous leak?

Postby nick.young1888 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:50 am

My doctor isn’t ordering me a Doppler test because I told him that I had normal erections one morning and then the next day my penis felt weird and I experienced some symptoms of ED. He said a VL or any physical ED diagnosis is not possible with such sudden onset but I’m not sure I trust him since many doctors seem to not know or care about erectile health or dysfunction in young men. I think they must have skipped that chapter in med school or the lesson is literally “If a man under the age of 50 walks into your office and says he’s experiencing ED just tell him it’s in his head, prescribe some viagra and send him on his way”.

I was wondering what is meant by sudden onset and if venous leak is a gradual thing then what are the first signs or symptoms you notice and how long until you see a doctor? Is it just symptoms regarding your erections or did you have symptoms with your flaccid penis as well!

Greg1956
Posts: 1629
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:35 am
Location: Atlanta, GA USA

Re: what are the first signs/symptoms of venous leak?

Postby Greg1956 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:42 am

I was 30 when I first noticed ED. I am now 63. Back when my troubles began it was just more difficult to obtain or maintain an erection, but I was still functioning. As the Issues got worse I was only able to get hard while in my back. I went to a urologist who specialized in men’s sexual
Dysfunction. He injected my penis while I was laying on his exam table and it got hard so he said it was all in my head. He sent me to a Psychologist who analyzed me me could not find any reason to believe it was in my head. I went back to the urologist with that info and he put me on injections I could do at home.

The injections got my penis hard, but when I turned over to have sex with my wife, it went soft. We ended up moving shortly after that and that was the start of going to a whole string of different doctors. At the time all the pills were not even out yet, but as soon as each came on the market, doctors prescribed them. I always had the same symptom where I could get an erection while in my back, but lost it when I moved or turned over.

Finally in 2017 I found a new doctor who listened to my problem, ordered a Penile Doppler Test and it confirmed I had a severe Venous Leak. When my doctor told me the results it was the first time in 30 years I did not feel like I was going crazy. All that time my symptoms were consistent and no other doctor chose to listen, care, or believe me.

That doctor was also the first of all the doctors who told me about a Penile Implant. I was completely unaware they existed. It did not take long to move forward to schedule surgery. I just wish I had met that doctor years before and not had to feel like I was a failure and a lesser man.

I also want to tell you I got morning wood almost every morning throughout those years including the day I went to surgery. The only problem was as soon as I moved, it went away, but I could lay still and it lasted and lasted. My doctor said it was pretty much the same as if a plastic tube had a hole on top. Water could pass through it fine, but if you rolled the tube over it leaked out because it put more pressure on it.

In my case there was nothing noticeable while my penis was flaccid, with the exception that I no longer got those spontaneous erections I’d get when sitting or walking when I saw something that turned me on.

I hope you find a doctor who listens to you and works to find a solution so you do not have to go through the years of frustration and doubt I went through.i would strongly advise you to consult a urologist who specializes in men’s sexual dysfunction or reproductive health. A primary care doctor and even many urologists do not have the knowledge those doctors do. Best wishes.
I am 63 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 5 3/4” soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

NeedleD
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:35 pm
Location: Midwest

Re: what are the first signs/symptoms of venous leak?

Postby NeedleD » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:59 pm

nick.young1888 wrote:My doctor isn’t ordering me a Doppler test because I told him that I had normal erections one morning and then the next day my penis felt weird and I experienced some symptoms of ED. He said a VL or any physical ED diagnosis is not possible with such sudden onset but I’m not sure I trust him since many doctors seem to not know or care about erectile health or dysfunction in young men. I think they must have skipped that chapter in med school or the lesson is literally “If a man under the age of 50 walks into your office and says he’s experiencing ED just tell him it’s in his head, prescribe some viagra and send him on his way”.

I was wondering what is meant by sudden onset and if venous leak is a gradual thing then what are the first signs or symptoms you notice and how long until you see a doctor? Is it just symptoms regarding your erections or did you have symptoms with your flaccid penis as well!


I have had a recent Doppler confirm my venous leak and diagnosed it as severe. It SLOWLY got worse over time, maybe about 3-4 years. Usual story, get the pills and then they gradually stop working, get the injections and gradually have to increase the strength then gradually increase the volume of the injection.
Venous leak sufferer. Using Super Trimix/Quadmix, Injecting for over 3 years. Implant not available unless I pay Outta pocket. Injections work so,so.

nick.young1888
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:20 am

Re: what are the first signs/symptoms of venous leak?

Postby nick.young1888 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:09 pm

NeedleD wrote:
nick.young1888 wrote:My doctor isn’t ordering me a Doppler test because I told him that I had normal erections one morning and then the next day my penis felt weird and I experienced some symptoms of ED. He said a VL or any physical ED diagnosis is not possible with such sudden onset but I’m not sure I trust him since many doctors seem to not know or care about erectile health or dysfunction in young men. I think they must have skipped that chapter in med school or the lesson is literally “If a man under the age of 50 walks into your office and says he’s experiencing ED just tell him it’s in his head, prescribe some viagra and send him on his way”.

I was wondering what is meant by sudden onset and if venous leak is a gradual thing then what are the first signs or symptoms you notice and how long until you see a doctor? Is it just symptoms regarding your erections or did you have symptoms with your flaccid penis as well!


I have had a recent Doppler confirm my venous leak and diagnosed it as severe. It SLOWLY got worse over time, maybe about 3-4 years. Usual story, get the pills and then they gradually stop working, get the injections and gradually have to increase the strength then gradually increase the volume of the injection.
Greg1956 wrote:I was 30 when I first noticed ED. I am now 63. Back when my troubles began it was just more difficult to obtain or maintain an erection, but I was still functioning. As the Issues got worse I was only able to get hard while in my back. I went to a urologist who specialized in men’s sexual
Dysfunction. He injected my penis while I was laying on his exam table and it got hard so he said it was all in my head. He sent me to a Psychologist who analyzed me me could not find any reason to believe it was in my head. I went back to the urologist with that info and he put me on injections I could do at home.

The injections got my penis hard, but when I turned over to have sex with my wife, it went soft. We ended up moving shortly after that and that was the start of going to a whole string of different doctors. At the time all the pills were not even out yet, but as soon as each came on the market, doctors prescribed them. I always had the same symptom where I could get an erection while in my back, but lost it when I moved or turned over.

Finally in 2017 I found a new doctor who listened to my problem, ordered a Penile Doppler Test and it confirmed I had a severe Venous Leak. When my doctor told me the results it was the first time in 30 years I did not feel like I was going crazy. All that time my symptoms were consistent and no other doctor chose to listen, care, or believe me.

That doctor was also the first of all the doctors who told me about a Penile Implant. I was completely unaware they existed. It did not take long to move forward to schedule surgery. I just wish I had met that doctor years before and not had to feel like I was a failure and a lesser man.

I also want to tell you I got morning wood almost every morning throughout those years including the day I went to surgery. The only problem was as soon as I moved, it went away, but I could lay still and it lasted and lasted. My doctor said it was pretty much the same as if a plastic tube had a hole on top. Water could pass through it fine, but if you rolled the tube over it leaked out because it put more pressure on it.

In my case there was nothing noticeable while my penis was flaccid, with the exception that I no longer got those spontaneous erections I’d get when sitting or walking when I saw something that turned me on.

I hope you find a doctor who listens to you and works to find a solution so you do not have to go through the years of frustration and doubt I went through.i would strongly advise you to consult a urologist who specializes in men’s sexual dysfunction or reproductive health. A primary care doctor and even many urologists do not have the knowledge those doctors do. Best wishes.


But none of you guys felt a different feeling in your flaccid penises? The main reason my doctor isn’t ordering it is because I still I occasionally get morning wood and plus I can get an erection regardless of the position. For example, if I’m standing up or sitting down or on my stomach or on my back I get the same rigidity. Plus he said since my erection quality fluctuates (some weeks great, some weeks bad, some weeks ok) he said that rules out a leak since a leak would mean it would get progressively worse. Also, I ran to him the very first day I had an issue with an erection so he said that a venous leak wouldn’t have such a sudden onset especially of 1 day. He’s blaming it on anxiety which is fair since I do have hypochondria. I’ve always got so scared of having every disease in the world. I think the reason why this one is taking so long to heal is because there haven’t been any clinical tests performed. Like for an HIV test you just take a blood test, it comes out negative, you feel reassured. With this one even a Doppler isn’t as clear as a blood test.

How long did it take for you guys to not get an erection while standing? There isn’t any other signed like penile shortness? Or pain/numbness?

nick.young1888
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:20 am

Re: what are the first signs/symptoms of venous leak?

Postby nick.young1888 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:11 pm

Oh and NeedleD what was your cause of venous leakage? Did you get it at a young age? Under 50?

Robert66
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:39 pm

Re: what are the first signs/symptoms of venous leak?

Postby Robert66 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:52 pm

Ask your doctor about daflon i was told almost 2 years ago after a Doppler test i have a leak. I would get an errection using trimix sit down and it would shrink. Started daflon for vein problem in leg but a plesent surprise my errection did not shrink when sitting
edex and tri mix 45/1/27 38 units

nick.young1888
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:20 am

Re: what are the first signs/symptoms of venous leak?

Postby nick.young1888 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:13 am

Robert51 wrote:Ask your doctor about daflon i was told almost 2 years ago after a Doppler test i have a leak. I would get an errection using trimix sit down and it would shrink. Started daflon for vein problem in leg but a plesent surprise my errection did not shrink when sitting


Well my doctor doesn’t think I have a leak or anything wrong with me
According to him I’m 27 years old which makes me this super indestructible robot or something

Greg1956
Posts: 1629
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:35 am
Location: Atlanta, GA USA

Re: what are the first signs/symptoms of venous leak?

Postby Greg1956 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:23 am

I do not recall how long it took for my erections to go from being able to get or maintain one while standing to not being able to. It was not overnight, but maybe a few months.

There is another guy I correspond with here who still gets erections, but his dick has changed in feeling and appearance. VL was ruled out in his case. He thinks he caused some trauma from using a vacuum pump. Have you used a pump, cock rings, etc?
I am 63 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 5 3/4” soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

NeedleD
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:35 pm
Location: Midwest

Re: what are the first signs/symptoms of venous leak?

Postby NeedleD » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:55 am

nick.young1888 wrote:Oh and NeedleD what was your cause of venous leakage? Did you get it at a young age? Under 50?


In my late 50's. Venous leak started about 3 years ago, Doc didn't indicate a cause just said "blood is going out faster than it's coming in".
Venous leak sufferer. Using Super Trimix/Quadmix, Injecting for over 3 years. Implant not available unless I pay Outta pocket. Injections work so,so.

nick.young1888
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:20 am

Re: what are the first signs/symptoms of venous leak?

Postby nick.young1888 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:36 pm

Greg1956 wrote:I do not recall how long it took for my erections to go from being able to get or maintain one while standing to not being able to. It was not overnight, but maybe a few months.

There is another guy I correspond with here who still gets erections, but his dick has changed in feeling and appearance. VL was ruled out in his case. He thinks he caused some trauma from using a vacuum pump. Have you used a pump, cock rings, etc?


no i never used anything on my penis when having sex or masturbating..not even lube.
the thing i think may have caused it is I was treating my tight foreskin during the time this happened so I'm guessing it may be due to the steroid cream my doctor gave me to use on my foreskin or whenever i first retrcted my foreskin during an erection it was really tight around my shaft and so I'm guessing when I ejaculated the erectile muscles wanted to expand but couldnt due to the tight foreskin so that causes my veins inside the penis to break? idk. i have no idea what else it could be.


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Carnut and 3 guests