On TRT Cream.. But Libido the Same.. Is it Normal?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Re: On TRT Cream.. But Libido the Same.. Is it Normal?

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:03 pm

It can take anywhere from 9 to 12 months for your libido to return or improve once you start testosterone replacement therapy.
However please bear in mind that the topical testosterone's are synthetic. Very often what we see in the clinic is numbers go up but symptoms are not always improved. If you do not see significant improvement in every area go back to your doctor. You may have to do weekly injections or pellets inserted on your skin every three months.
The usual progression is you notice you sleep better and wake up better in about a week. You notice a little bit more energy in two or three weeks. You might notice morning erections in a couple of months. You might notice more hair around two or three months. By three months body fat tends to begin melting away. The scale tends to not move because the fat is replaced with muscle. Improved arousal and libido are often the last two begin.

Testosterone is just as critical as insulin in running your body at optimal levels. The latest research shows that it is extremely. In fact low testosterone causes a number of diseases; heart disease, obesity, osteoporosis, high cholesterol, loss of mental acuity, not to mention low libido which can disrupt relationships.

Paul

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:46 pm

I gave myself injections of C-Testost Cyp 200ml/ml in Sesame Inj 10ml vial Inject .4ml once a week for some years.

When we discovered the prostate cancer the doc suggested that I quit injecting it.
In several weeks my sense of well-being and libido crashed.
I even lost at least 10 yards distance when hitting irons at golf.

I had to restart the injections and the libido came back after several weeks.
The libido returned with a vengeance.

Maybe all the T hadn't left my system before I restarted, but it seemed to have.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Flavio

Postby Flavio » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:48 pm

mlc2010 wrote:
Flavio wrote:There are centrally acting drugs that will improve your libido and erections (e.g. apomorphine, PT-141), they are much safer than TRT.

sorry, have to argue, but why is PT-141 ( a drug not even approved for males ) more safer than a substance our body makes? Testosterone is VERY SAFE and I hate the demonism it gets, stick to TRT doses and it will do more for your health than any other pill/drug in the world

PT-141 is prescribed for males by urologists everywhere and there are countless testimonies of the dangers of TRT. Don't mess with your endocrine system, results may be drastic and irreversible.
Age 40. Psychogenic ED for over 20 years. Current regimen: Udenafil 200 mg, oral phentolamine mesylate 40 mg, Seredyn.

Return to “General Discussion”