Implant Insurance Question

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
SteveSW
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:23 pm

Implant Insurance Question

Postby SteveSW » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:48 pm

I'm now on Medicare and believe that it will cover 80% of implant surgery. Do any of you have, or are aware of, supplemental plans which might cover that remaining 20% or at least a chunk of it? Thanks in advance ya'll.
65 with 15+ years of chronic Peyronie's which caused ED, that of late is has gotten worse. Recently began injection therapy with good results, for now, but I know a pump is in my future. Live in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA.

Dave52
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:28 am

Re: Implant Insurance Question

Postby Dave52 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:52 pm

Get a Blue Cross supplemental plan and it will cover everything might cost you 150 to 200 a month you can drop it after year but it’s worth every penny you go anywhere you want have any doctor do whatever you want you won’t be upset
Born 52
Prostatectomy 6/1/18
Viagra worked before RRP
Trimix painful Bimix both Ineffective
Titan 20CM 1CM RTE
10/26/18 Dr.Eid

544kenmatt
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:17 am
Location: ROCHESTER , NY

Re: Implant Insurance Question

Postby 544kenmatt » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:47 pm

You can buy a supplemental policy only if you have original medicare (part A and B). If you have a medicare advantage plan (part C) through a health insurance company, you cannot purchase a supplemental (Also known at Medigap) plan. If you have original medicare and the procedure is done as an outpatient, you will be covered at 80 percent through your part B. If you buy the cheapest supplemental plan that covers Part B coinsurance, it will cover the remaining 20 percent. I don't know what state you're from but you may want to check with a health insurance specialist in your area. Some insurances will delay supplemental coverage for pre existing conditions, depending on what state you live in.
AMS LGX 10/31/2019. Still in recovery. age 63

tomas1
Posts: 1285
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:12 pm
Location: Tempe, AZ

Re: Implant Insurance Question

Postby tomas1 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:06 am

Just be careful if the surgeon brings in someone who Medicare won't cover. That happened to me. The doc's office said na-na-ne-na na, you signed a paper saying we could.
81 years
Got implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, horizontal incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc reservoir
Diagnosed with Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.

bcalla20
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Implant Insurance Question

Postby bcalla20 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:25 pm

I had prostate cancer and had my prostate removed by davinci robotic surgery. I had a $5500.00 deductible. Once I met that my insurance has covered everything. So fast forward to 9 months later my Urologist said my best bet would be an implant. Cialis wasn’t working on its own. I had to use a pump with the meds. He told me my Florida blue cross would cover it mainly because of my medical condition due to cancer. The insurance company wouldn’t give pre authorization on my implant. They told my Urologist to submit it after the procedure and medical documents of why it was necessary and they would review it. All my medical professionals say they always cover the procedure with my condition. I hope they are right!! I had my implant 13 days ago and I hope I made the right decision. I have had more discomfort and pain from implant than I did prostatectomy .....

Bailey
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:45 pm

Re: Implant Insurance Question

Postby Bailey » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:16 pm

SteveSW,
I have traditional Medicare, & United Heath Care plan “F” endorsed by AARP. I never paid anything out of pocket for my implant. It may not be the cheapest health insurance you can buy, but I personally don’t feel you can put a price on your healthcare coverage. Just my opinion & realize it may not be an option for everyone. Good luck, Bailey
77 yo with ED for over 20 years.Tried everything, & found injections were the only thing that worked.I am so grateful for FT. Was implanted 6/18/19 with a 18cm AMS LGX w 3.0cm RTE,100ml reservoir, infrapubic procedure by Dr. Richard Roach, “Bailey”

SteveSW
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:23 pm

Re: Implant Insurance Question

Postby SteveSW » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:52 am

Thanks guys. This makes me feel better about navigating the minefield that is medical insurance today. Next year hopefully, I'm going bionic.
65 with 15+ years of chronic Peyronie's which caused ED, that of late is has gotten worse. Recently began injection therapy with good results, for now, but I know a pump is in my future. Live in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA.


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests