Best scan to detect venous leak?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Hope77

Best scan to detect venous leak?

Postby Hope77 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:17 am

Hi all, I was just wondering what the best scan to detect venous leak is? It appears a doppler only shows the blood flow to the veins but not whether it is ruptured or damaged. What test can be done to check for where the leak is? A scan perhaps

SteveSW

Re: Best scan to detect venous leak?

Postby SteveSW » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:07 pm

77, My doc explained veinous leakage as excessive drainage by veins in the cavernosal tissue of the penis. Which means, as I understand it, that blood flows out of the penis too rapidly, due to a lack of restriction which normally occurs during erection, resulting in a less than solid erection. In a normal erection, more blood flows in, than is allowed out, which keeps you hard. It isn't like there are leaks mid-vein, or an injury along the vein. I'm no doctor, and this is only as I understand it.

My Uro did a Trimix shot and a very lengthy doppler, and diagnosed a "severe veinous leak", which he put in my medical records, saying that it will help support my argument with insurance company about an implant.
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

Hope77

Postby Hope77 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:58 am

SteveSW wrote:77, My doc explained veinous leakage as excessive drainage by veins in the cavernosal tissue of the penis. Which means, as I understand it, that blood flows out of the penis too rapidly, due to a lack of restriction which normally occurs during erection, resulting in a less than solid erection. In a normal erection, more blood flows in, than is allowed out, which keeps you hard. It isn't like there are leaks mid-vein, or an injury along the vein. I'm no doctor, and this is only as I understand it.

My Uro did a Trimix shot and a very lengthy doppler, and diagnosed a "severe veinous leak", which he put in my medical records, saying that it will help support my argument with insurance company about an implant.

But I think I got an injury to my veins which is causing the leak so there must be a way to check the state of the veins. Some people mentioned using cavernosogram. I just need to know the cause of ny leak in order to determine the best way to manage it.

Robert66

Postby Robert66 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:30 pm

I think many older guys get a leak at some point but the dreaded er visit after injecting seems not likely with any leak i think my leak got better over 6 months of taking daflon
edex and tri mix 45/1/27 26 units

Return to “General Discussion”