First post, and this is about my ying yang....

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
lmspca

First post, and this is about my ying yang....

Postby lmspca » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:24 pm

I have prostate cancer that was treated a year ago with two forms of radiation. One was 25 sessions of imrt radiation to the pelvic area, the other LDR Brachytherapy (72 seeds). Brachytherapy was complete the end of October so the seeds are almost 100 % used up.
The reason why I'm posting is because about 3 months ago my erect penis looks different. I swear, I woke up one day, had an erection sometime later and noticed this. When erect if looks like a rubber band was placed on my unit about two inches from the base, kept on for god knows how long, then taken off. It's like I have this indentation all the way around now. Does not show when flaccid. I was hoping it would go away, but no. It does not hurt, never did and the only thing I can attribute it too is maybe the radiation?
Not sure I can post a pic, but maybe my description is all one needs. Have not gone to the dr. because it's still straight, doesn't curve, doesn't hurt.
But since my radiation I can't achieve the erections that I had before, hoping that slowly goes away, will post about that later...
Anyone heard of this, cant find anything on it? I go in for my year consult in a month, will ask them what they think as well.
Thx.

Whodat

Re: First post, and this is about my ying yang....

Postby Whodat » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:41 pm

Had 28 radiation hits and 6 months of Lupron but have no idea what caused your issue.
Had some ED before but not worse after treatment. The worst effect I had was losing one inch off my penis which has been blamed on the Lupron. Other prostate cancer patients at the cancer center encountered the same thing as me. Best you consult your Rad Onco and Uro dr's.
Age 80 good health. Radiation prostate 28 hits 4 years ago with 6 months of horrible ADT. Good recovery and ED worse.
Can't tolerate oral drugs but 5 years of Alprostadil 40mcg/ml 25 units is a miracle for 3 hours. GF is happy!!

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:14 pm

I think from reading many posts here, the hour glass is a type of peyronies. Can you feel any plaque. I would surly consult your urologist.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

lmspca

Postby lmspca » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:00 am

Nope, I feel nothing. Most everything I read about that condition relates to some form on injury, or pain, it gets bent, etc. I have nothing like that.
Yeah, I'll see what my uro says.

Quester

Postby Quester » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:39 am

In my case I didn’t notice any pain outside what I always felt when I used Caverject.

And my bend was so gradual I didn’t really notice it until it progressed some.

The hour glass effect sounds like a type of Peyronie’s but only a doctor can tell you. It may be nothing but why risk it
ED 20 years, Peyroine's Disease diagnosed in 2018, at 57 years I was implanted September 3rd 2019 at the Salt Lake City VA Medical Center, AMS700 CX 21cm + 2cm RTE

lmspca

Postby lmspca » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:23 pm

Okay, so this was the first I heard of the hour glass effect, and after reading up on it, it's definitely what I have.
Its a bummer, but its also nice to finally figure out what the heck was going on. Found a forum dedicated to this disease and this form.
Thx much!

Bionic Bob

Postby Bionic Bob » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:16 am

Sounds like Peyronie's disease, see your urologist.
52 years old. Implanted with an ams700lgx infrapubicly due to severe Peyronies Disease on 8/23/19 8 months after Penile Plication Surgery that ultimately failed. Surgery performed by Dr. Rasper at the University of Kentucky Urology Center.

Return to “General Discussion”