Prostate Question

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Greg1956

Re: Prostate Question

Postby Greg1956 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:14 am

Dave,
I just saw this post and see it is from several weeks back so you may have gotten it all figured out by now but here is my input.

First, I had Flomax prescribed for me when I complained my urine flow had diminished to a trickle. It helped me regain normal function and a strong flow. If you Google what Flomax is for it seems counterintuitive to your problem.

Second, the 12 needles actually felt like an air gun was being shot up in there. There was momentary discomfort but it was nothing as bad as I expected.

Third, I have not had much in the way of incontinence issues. If I laugh really hard I sometimes have felt I could leak some urine, but I can stop it. I had a reoccurrence of Prostate Cancer last year after having a Prostatectomy in 2014. The radiation treatments last fall temporarily made it a bit more difficult to control, but I could. That has since passed.

Best wishes with whatever path you choose.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:04 pm

Just an update to my prostate situation:

I believe I've mentioned that it was suggested that I stop taking testosterone due to the early stage prostate cancer.
After stopping the T, my libido crashed completely.
I no longer had any desire to inflate or even have sex.
I even stopped checking out other women.
I think we all like to look lol.
I also began feeling like an old man or maybe that's how 81 year old men feel?
I told my wife that if I'd felt that way pre-surgery, I wouldn't have gotten it.

I didn't want to live this way so I resumed the shots and had taken 2 before my last PSA test.
The results showed it had halved from the previous test.
I guess it had something to do with the cessation of the T shots for awhile?

I see my urologist again this Thu and will let him know my decision.
He probably won't like that, but I'll deal with the consequences when the time comes.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:16 pm

Have you been to healingwell.com. ? Guys over there are more versed on treating prostate cancer. Generally they say G-6 is active watching only. I agree especially at 81 and you like sex. Some guys can take it or leave it. I like sex and wish I never had the RP at 75.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:00 pm

I'll check it out. I did find the site.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Return to “General Discussion”