how to deal with psychological ED?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
MikeFromOregon

how to deal with psychological ED?

Postby MikeFromOregon » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:38 pm

Hi,
I've been thinking, and looking at how and when my ED occurs, and have come to the conclusion that it's probably psychological in nature. The reasons I came to this conclusion are that A. I have trouble getting and maintaining an erection when I'm in the bedroom, less so in other rooms, and B. I have trouble when I'm doing something with my partner, less so with myself (though again, if I'min the bedroom I have trouble even then). Anyone have pointers to deal with this? I suspect there might be something else at play besides the psychological part, since even with an injection that worked well I had some problems, but I'm trying to address the most immediate thing that I can think of.
Thanks all!
-Michael.

Lost Sheep

Re: how to deal with psychological ED?

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:55 pm

MikeFromOregon wrote:Hi,
I've been thinking, and looking at how and when my ED occurs, and have come to the conclusion that it's probably psychological in nature. The reasons I came to this conclusion are that A. I have trouble getting and maintaining an erection when I'm in the bedroom, less so in other rooms, and B. I have trouble when I'm doing something with my partner, less so with myself (though again, if I'min the bedroom I have trouble even then). Anyone have pointers to deal with this? I suspect there might be something else at play besides the psychological part, since even with an injection that worked well I had some problems, but I'm trying to address the most immediate thing that I can think of.
Thanks all!
-Michael.

Interesting. Have you tried moving your love-making into the living room or kitchen?

Do you have sex in the bedroom with the lights on or off? Is it something you are seeing or perhaps something you are smelling or laying on or just knowing what room your are in? Do you have particular thoughts going into the bedroom? What other activities do you do in the bedroom - they might be triggering thoughts that inhibit erection.

Is there anything about the time of day that might be involved?

Do you keep a journal? Stream of consciousness writing can sometimes reveal patterns. You don't try to think of anything in particular when you write. Then go back and read later -- the next day. What you see of yourself may be revealing.

Of course, counselling is often appropriate for any psychological cause-and-effect analysis. A good counselor can often quickly help you understand connections not readily visible from inside your own head.

I am brainstorming here. I hope my random thoughts help. Kind of a shotgun approach.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Flavio

Re: how to deal with psychological ED?

Postby Flavio » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:33 am

It's possible but even if this is just psychological, a doctor (urologist) will be able to help you. It's no shame to seek professional help, I also suffered from psychogenic ED (coital anxiety) and my urologist was extremely helpful.

I've already told you my story and how oral phentolamine mesylate was so effective in my case. Everyone is different though, and that's why you should see a doctor.

As always, my advice is: do A LOT of research on this subject. Read books, talk to doctors, visit good websites. The more you know about ED, the less stressful it will be.
Age 40. Psychogenic ED for over 20 years. Current regimen: Udenafil 200 mg, oral phentolamine mesylate 40 mg, Seredyn.

Return to “General Discussion”