Peyronie's Disease

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
slideclyde

Peyronie's Disease

Postby slideclyde » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:21 pm

Hi, I'm in the Atlanta area and have seen 2 Urologist and both said Xiaflex is the answer for my Peyronie's Disease. I am in the process of investigating the various SWT treatments. Although they are generally for ED and not specifically for Peyronie's Disease the concept of breaking up the plaque with a sound wave sounds logical. I have found there are 3 types of machines. LI-SWT, SWT and an European version called Gainswave. All of the doctors providing this service claim their machines will improve Peyronie's. The problem is, there is not much data to support these claims; therefore, it is extremely difficult to assess the outcome for one individual and not even with a result probability of success or improvement. Neither Urologist I saw offered any type of SWT and both said it was all marketing and a waste of money. Well, that's kind of how I see Xiaflex, the procedure they were promoting. I'm willing to go outside the traditional box to try something other than Xiaflex. I would appreciate other opinions. I'm not convinced that Xiaflex is the answer for me. Anyone else tried Shock Wave Therapy specifically for Peyronie's Disease?

Return to “General Discussion”