My Story - Frustrated and Don't Know What To Do Next

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
diver123

My Story - Frustrated and Don't Know What To Do Next

Postby diver123 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:38 pm

Hey,

I've been reading this forum for a while now but thought I would finally post my story and see if anyone has any advice and tips as nothing has yet offered any results for me and it's becoming increasingly frustrating.

I'm currently in my mid 40's but have been suffering from ED my whole life, at first I thought it was normal until I discovered I was never hard enough for sex. As a result, I now have no libido either.

Last year I finally went to see a doctor about my issue in the UK through the NHS and have been following the process ever since. I've tried all the pills, they've checked my testosterone levels once, I've tried a pump and constriction rings and I've more recently been trying the injections (invicorp and 60mg caverject). Nothing has yet to give me a satisfactory erection, the caverject injections have once given me about an 85% result (at 40mg) but I still needed constant stimulation or I would lose it again. Have also found them very random in results, sometimes I'll get a small erection but it will only last max 5 mins. With the rest of my injection attempts from 10-60mg however, nothing really happened so far.

I also suffer from phimosis and have yet to have any super clear answer on whether this could be a factor but the general consensus is no, it's never caused me any pain. I was actually booked in for a circumcision earlier in the year but it ended up not happening as they only had local anesthetic beds left (I'd never been told this might happen) so refused it and also the surgeon had queried why I was even getting the operation if it wasn't causing any pain. Subsequently, I found out that the urologist had referred me because he thought it would 'help my mental state' which, had I known, I would never have agreed to it in the first place.

The last time I visited my Urologist I asked for a doppler in case I had a venous leak. The doctor who carried out the test was convinced I did have one but once my test results went back to my urologist he claimed I didn't. He's always claimed it's purely mental and while I believe it's partly the case (low libido) I'm convinced there's something physical going on as well. I'm currently seeing a psychosexual counselor so I have that side covered but he also thinks it's a mix of a mental / physical issue.

I go back to visit my urologist in a couple of days and the last time I went and told him about the injections having no results he stated 'I don't know what to do' which doesn't fill me with much confidence in what will happen next. I feel like a lot of the process has been trying to solve the issue through pills etc rather than testing to find out where the problem is actually coming from.

Anyway, thanks if you've read this far... Does anyone have any advice on anything else I could try or any tests I should be asking for when I meet up with my urologist? I just wish I could know what was the cause so I could perhaps work towards a solution.
Last edited by diver123 on Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flavio

Re: My Story - Frustrated and Don't Know What To Do Next

Postby Flavio » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:28 pm

diver123 wrote: [...] He's always claimed it's purely mental [...]

It's possible!

I battled psychogenic ED (coital anexity) for many years and it was devastating. The brain is your #1 sexual organ and your mind can drastically affect your sex life, e.g. depression and anxiety are major causes of sexual dysfunction.

Seeing a psychosexual counselor is an excellent idea, self medication is always a risk.

You may want to ask your counselor about these two ED treatments: oral phentolamine mesylate 40 mg (brand names Vasomax, Vigamed) and sublingual apomorphine hydrochloride 3 mg (brand names Uprima, Zyprima). The former is an alpha blocker that stops sympathetic action in the penis thus improving blood flow and erections. The latter is a centrally acting drug that also improves libido.

I tried both of them and they were excellent but only your doctor can say what's best for you.

Good luck!
Age 40. Psychogenic ED for over 20 years. Current regimen: Udenafil 200 mg, oral phentolamine mesylate 40 mg, Seredyn.

Gbutler288

Postby Gbutler288 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:58 pm

I sent you a PM.

Let me know what you think. Hang in there man there has to be some solution.
49 RP in 7/2019 Using Trimix for 3 - 4 years. Getting tired of the injections seriously considering implant. Miss the squirt....

Ricardo71

Postby Ricardo71 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:26 am

Hi diver123

Excuse me my bad English...I am helping with google translate.

If your doctor thinks you have a venous leak, I recommend that you continue evaluating that option. The echo-doppler may indicate that you do not have a venous leak and still have a venous leak. That was my case. My eco-doppler said everything is fine. My eco-doppler indicates that my arterial and venous system was perfect and yet I did have a venous leak. What you say that this time lasted 5 minutes is the only thing that makes me doubt that it is a venous leak . Did you last 5 minutes with any medication or without any medication? If it was with medication, then it can be venous leak. If you had an erection for 5 minutes without medication, I think it is not a venous leak, unless you are lying down or in a certain position. It usually does not last more than a minute, sometimes only a few seconds ... or the erection lasts longer while lying down or in certain positions and when you stand up and take a few steps the erection is lost.

Many doctors will even tell you that if you ever have any nocturnal erection, you don't have a venous leak and that it is psychological. That's a lie. Sometimes I have nocturnal erections and I have a venous leak.

How do I know that despite all the above I have a venous leak?

It was confirmed by a 3D cavernosography-CT.

I strongly recommend that you read this masterful article and get a 3D cavernosography-CT scan in your country.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epd ... 10.09644.x

If you have a venous leak with this TAC you will find it and if you do not have it; You rule out the problem. You have already read that the venous leak appears from a young age. It seems to be your case.

Much encouragement. I wish you the best.
Last edited by Ricardo71 on Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Robert66

Postby Robert66 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:51 pm

diver123 wrote:Hey,

I've been reading this forum for a while now but thought I would finally post my story and see if anyone has any advice and tips as nothing has yet offered any results for me and it's becoming increasingly frustrating.

I'm currently in my mid 40's but have been suffering from ED my whole life, at first I thought it was normal until I discovered I was never hard enough for sex. As a result, I now have no libido either.

Last year I finally went to see a doctor about my issue in the UK through the NHS and have been following the process ever since. I've tried all the pills, they've checked my testosterone levels once, I've tried a pump and constriction rings and I've more recently been trying the injections (invicorp and 60mg caverject). Nothing has yet to give me a satisfactory erection, the caverject injections have once given me about an 85% result (at 40mg) but I still needed constant stimulation or I would lose it again. Have also found them very random in results, sometimes I'll get a small erection but it will only last max 5 mins. With the rest of my injection attempts from 10-60mg however, nothing really happened so far.

I also suffer from phimosis and have yet to have any super clear answer on whether this could be a factor but the general consensus is no, it's never caused me any pain. I was actually booked in for a circumcision earlier in the year but it ended up not happening as they only had local anesthetic beds left (I'd never been told this might happen) so refused it and also the surgeon had queried why I was even getting the operation if it wasn't causing any pain. Subsequently, I found out that the urologist had referred me because he thought it would 'help my mental state' which, had I known, I would never have agreed to it in the first place.

The last time I visited my Urologist I asked for a doppler in case I had a venous leak. The doctor who carried out the test was convinced I did have one but once my test results went back to my urologist he claimed I didn't. He's always claimed it's purely mental and while I believe it's partly the case (low libido) I'm convinced there's something physical going on as well. I'm currently seeing a psychosexual counselor so I have that side covered but he also thinks it's a mix of a mental / physical issue.

I go back to visit my urologist in a couple of days and the last time I went and told him about the injections having no results he stated 'I don't know what to do' which doesn't fill me with much confidence in what will happen next. I feel like a lot of the process has been trying to solve the issue through pills etc rather than testing to find out where the problem is actually coming from.

Anyway, thanks if you've read this far... Does anyone have any advice on anything else I could try or any tests I should be asking for when I meet up with my urologist? I just wish I could know what was the cause so I could perhaps work towards a solution.

I was told i have a leak and i would inject it would get hard then fade especially if i sit down. Started taking daflom. Micro ground. Errections started staying longer after 2 months on daflon then added a ring for first 5 min after injection now 1 hour plus. Is it the ring or the daflon or the dose who knows but for me it now works
edex and tri mix 45/1/27 26 units

Return to “General Discussion”