Sick of feeling sorry for myself, chronic ED at 23

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Sadguy28

Sick of feeling sorry for myself, chronic ED at 23

Postby Sadguy28 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:00 pm

I am so fed up with everything. I finally found an appointment with a new doctor TOMORROW that I was excited to see and hopefully finally get some help for my ED, premature ejaculation and other sexual dysfunction symptoms. However, it turns out my insurance will not cover this doctor or any doctor at the facility for that matter and I had to cancel. I have seen all of the urologists at my primary care's health group, and was even referred to a doctor at an outside facility and had absolutely nobody pay attention to my sexual symptoms.

I have told each of them that I had been experiencing these sexual symptoms as well as urinary symptoms (UTI symptoms, burning, urinary retention, etc). In EVERY single case the doctor has said that the priority is to deal with the urinary symptoms and completely ignored my sexual symptoms. I have been on antibiotics, changed my diet, and even had a urodynamics procedure where they filled my bladder with water under anesthesia and I have noticed no difference. At the point I am just PISSED.

The truth? At this point I don't give a FUCK about my urinary symptoms, I will deal with the pain if I can just finally have sex. I have never been able to have sex successfully and I am just so sick of it. I believe my testosterone levels are low even if in "normal" range (last checked they were at about 250). But nobody believes that. NOBODY. My Primary care made me feel like a complaining annoyance and at this point I am starting to feel that way. I am sick of feeling ashamed and embarrassed that at 23 I have never had sex. I am so sick of feeling sorry for myself. I don't know who to see now that is covered under my insurance and I feel so overwhelmed and miserable. What do I do!?

Flavio

Re: Sick of feeling sorry for myself, chronic ED at 23

Postby Flavio » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:11 am

Sadguy28 wrote:I believe my testosterone levels are low even if in "normal" range (last checked they were at about 250).

Low testosterone doesn't necessarily lead to ED, my levels are and always have been low (I take finasteride daily for male pattern baldness) and that never stopped me. Anyway, the best possible way to increase testosterone levels and libido is regular exercise and a healthy diet.

I swear I'm not trying to sell anything but oral phentolamine and apomorphine really do work. They are both approved ED meds and I have tried them in the past with excellent results. Maybe you could ask your urologist about them next time you go see him.

I wish you all the best, keep us posted on your progress.
Age 40. Psychogenic ED for over 20 years. Current regimen: Udenafil 200 mg, oral phentolamine mesylate 40 mg, Seredyn.

antelope

Postby antelope » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:28 am

It actually makes sense that they wanted to treat the infection before moving on to something as complicated as ED. That being said, it seems to may not have access to a men's clinic or at least to a urologist who will listen. It may not be easy, but perhaps the next step is figuring how to get different insurance. If that means getting a different job with a different company, I assure you that having sex, by yourself or with somebody, is worth whatever amount of hassle that may be.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Flavio

Postby Flavio » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:40 am

Sadguy28 wrote:I am sick of feeling ashamed and embarrassed that at 23 I have never had sex.

It's nothing to be ashamed of. I battled psychogenic ED when I was your age but there was no internet at the time, I had zero information on the subject and I had to wait until I was 30 to start having a normal sex life. ED is actually very common in young men, esp. because of anxiety, but, like I said before, it is easy treatable.
Age 40. Psychogenic ED for over 20 years. Current regimen: Udenafil 200 mg, oral phentolamine mesylate 40 mg, Seredyn.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:25 pm

250 is quite low for a young person. At over 60 years old I am 115 w/o testosterone injections and run in the range of around 580 with. My normal when I was young was around 1,000 though I am told that is a touch high. Drink lots of water, NO JUICES such as grape juice or any citric juices. Citric acid passes through the urinary tract and can be very irritating like you described. I love fruit juices but have had to stop them because of this issue, nor can I eat citrus fruit any more. Many drinks contain citric acid. I have to avoid that too. Try a week with no citrus or tea and see what happens. Cheers man.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Return to “General Discussion”