Best ED Doc in NYC?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
GoodWood

Best ED Doc in NYC?

Postby GoodWood » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:47 pm

I need a recommendation for a great ED doc in NYC. I know Dr Eid is amazing for implants but I’m not in need of one (yet).

I’m wrestling with getting good results from oral meds and trimix. My current urologist is OK but not great. It also takes me progressively longer to reach orgasm and that is a concern.

I’ve searched the forum but the couldn’t come up with search terms that got me the info I needed.

Thanks guys.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

Lost Sheep

Re: Best ED Doc in NYC?

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:26 pm

Have you asked your current urologist for recommendations? I know it might be sensitive to suggest to that you find his/her expertise inadequate, but if you do feel that way, it might be best to acknowledge it.

Keep no secrets from your healthcare providers.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

GoodWood

Postby GoodWood » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:13 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:Have you asked your current urologist for recommendations? I know it might be sensitive to suggest to that you find his/her expertise inadequate, but if you do feel that way, it might be best to acknowledge it.

Keep no secrets from your healthcare providers.

Thanks for the suggestion. My General Practitioner was the MD that recommended my current urologist. I talked with my GP about it and he suggested a different urologist. I made an appointment over a month and a half ago (for this coming Tuesday). The new urologist’s office just called today to say he wasn’t treating ED any longer and cancelled my appointment.

So I’ll give my GP a call again Monday and ask if he has other ideas.

I’ll consider asking the urologist for a recommendation but I’m guessing there are NYC area men on here that have experiences with good sexual health MDs. I’m hoping they will chime in.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:03 pm

The physician finder has the top docs in the NYC area.
Take a look.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:28 pm

GoodWood wrote:The new urologist’s office just called today to say he wasn’t treating ED any longer and cancelled my appointment.

Bummer. I wonder why.

Dr. Eid gave me a great piece of advice. "Find a physician in love with his craft." I was lucky enough to have such a ;surgeon fall into my lap (no THERE"S an apropriate metaphor) with Dr. Shaw. He told me that if he was not practicing in the Air Force, he would specialize in E.D. A urologist who considers it his mission, his calling, to treat/cure E.D. is what you want. That degree of dedication is important to most men towards their "equipment".

Ask you GP if he will vet his candidate list, if he can. At least tell him what I just wrote above.

Good luck.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

GoodWood

Postby GoodWood » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:15 am

Frank Talk Admin wrote:The physician finder has the top docs in the NYC area.
Take a look.

Dr Werner looks promising. Comments here on FrankTalk seem to indicate he doesn’t take insurance. That would be disappointing since I pay quite a bit to have good insurance. But I can explore how much that would cost.

GoodWood

Postby GoodWood » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:09 pm

No other recommendations for NYC? The only name mentioned so far doesn’t take insurance.

Markus55

Postby Markus55 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Dr. Joseph Alukal at Columbia University in NYC.
68 yrs old. Began having ED at 49. Venous leak, Diabetes and Peyronies. Tried pills and injections, didn't work. Implanted April 2018 with a Coloplast Titan 22 cm.

GoodWood

Postby GoodWood » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:25 pm

Markus55 wrote:Dr. Joseph Alukal at Columbia University in NYC.

Did you see Dr Alukal? What is his specialty? Implants? ED in general? How was your experience?

Markus55

Postby Markus55 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:30 pm

Dr. Alukal is a highly experienced world class urologist and surgeon. I have seen him for about 9 years. He implanted me last year and everything is perfect. In addition he is a GREAT guy.
68 yrs old. Began having ED at 49. Venous leak, Diabetes and Peyronies. Tried pills and injections, didn't work. Implanted April 2018 with a Coloplast Titan 22 cm.

Return to “General Discussion”