Post surgery help!!!

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Fletch66

Post surgery help!!!

Postby Fletch66 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:12 am

Greetings all. I had my implant completed tuesday evening, discharged wednesday. Can someone suggest what underwear works best. I normally wear briefs, but the doctor partially inflated the pistons, I guess so they will become situated? Anyway, my underwear seems to be tight because of this. I can't get comfortable to sleep. I've taken the pain medication, but dread doing that due to PTSD, and the nightmares I already have. Sorry I'm rambling on, but its more painful tonight than last night, when I still had the bandages on. Thank you for this site. I wish I knew about it sooner....
53 yr old, tried everything, been going on for over 15 years, AMS 700 on 7/30/2019.

Lost Sheep

Re: Post surgery help!!!

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:05 pm

My hospital gave me a jock strap/athletic supporter to keep my penis pointed up (inflated about 75%). I kept gauze on my penis to ease the discomfort of movement (chafing on the bruised parts and incision).

After that, my regular underwear (that give good support to my scrotum and hold my penis pointed up, as was my habit before implant) does fine.

There are several threads on the forum about underwear. Do a search on "underwear" and you will find them.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Quincy

Re: Post surgery help!!!

Postby Quincy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:52 pm

For sleep and any time you don't need to be outside the house, I'd recommend being naked from the waist down. I did that for about the first 3 weeks.

It will depend somewhat on whether your surgeon left you inflated or deflated. When inflated, a new implant aches a lot with any kind of pressure. So a jock, briefs, or boxer briefs cause some trouble by just putting pressure on the area. If you must go out, wear shorts and pants as loose as possible if you can. Your inflated state will cause some "tenting", however. I wore a loose long-tailed shirt to cover the tent and stayed as far away from people as possible. If you're inflated and must be around people, you'll probably need to wear something that keeps the penis pointed up and a maybe a little to one side. A jock, compression shorts, or tight boxer briefs can work. Some even taped their dicks against the abdomen to cover the bulge. Just be prepared to handle the pressure and attendant aches/pains.

Once you can deflate, the options are much broader. Check out David Archy 2-pouch underwear. Lots of posts here discuss these.

If you want to discuss further, drop me a PM.

Quincy.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

Return to “General Discussion”