question? revision at 3 months?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
disapointed2

question? revision at 3 months?

Postby disapointed2 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:10 am

I have a question. May seem kind of odd.
Has anyone had to have a revision 4 months after having an implant after 4 months? I had an implant 4 months ago and it was undersized to begin with. The surgeon refused to correct it. So, I have been scheduled to see another doctor for an implant replacement if all goes well.
I was left at 2 inches inflated. ??? Thats it. I was over 5 inches to begin with when hard using injections. The real question is will being at 2 inches and then getting another implant to the correct size be more difficult to gain back any length? I gave up using the current implant and decided to just leave this miserable implant inflated. Not sure if it is the right thing to do but I just do not see that it will hurt anything. Weather this is inflated or not there is no gain in length and the tips are no longer in the glans.
Any ideas or advice would be helpful. I have started using the ved again at the advise of another doctor in preperation for the revision.
Thank you for any advise.
67yrs old. ed for 8yrs. Implanted 5-29-2019

Tmansdorfer

Re: question? revision at 3 months?

Postby Tmansdorfer » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:56 pm

I was implanted originally in January and had a revision at the end of May. This revision was due to being undersized and left with a floppy head. Originally my Surgeon was insisting I wait until August but I pushed for the earlier date. Now after the revision I feel better that he got the size correctly but it seems like the one side tip is quite a bit longer than the other and could cause problems in the future. One of my issues I struggle with is an extremely large fat pad which causes my penis to not be as exposed. What kind of implant did you receive? If it hurts while inflated then you probably are gaining a little back. All I have to say is that I should have listened to the advice on here and went with a different dr one that specializes on revisions. Good luck
39 01/24/19 USC Dr Doumanian LGX 15cm 3, lGX 18 +2, revision 6-20 18+3 pump failure, revision 8-20 left cylinder in scrotum, 1-21 removed infection switched to dr Doyle, Boyd 10.05.21 a 15+3 cx,revision 01,23,24 with switch to LGX 15+6 fat pad removal.

disapointed2

Postby disapointed2 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:52 pm

from the sounds of it you and i are built the same. I was worried that if this implant is at 2and a half inches that having another implant the proper size would be difficult. I have an appointment with Dr Kramer in August so I am sure he will fix the screw up of the first doctor. Thank you for your reply. I was not sure anyone else may have had this problem. :mrgreen:

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:09 pm

I have no idea if this would work, but would using a VED help you at least get back to a reasonable length prior to your revision?
I'd hate to see encapsulation permanently rob you of your proper length.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

disapointed2

Postby disapointed2 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:34 pm

I have begun using the ved. in hopes of escaping any trouble with the current failure of the implant. I am hoping for a better outcome. Thank you for your response.

Return to “General Discussion”