Sling Surgery

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Youngan

Sling Surgery

Postby Youngan » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:44 am

Hello,

I’m considering getting a sling installed to control lingering minor-to-moderate leakage. Had a radical prostatectomy about three or four years ago, and had gotten down to no leakage as of about two years ago, but that was partly because I had urethral blockage due to scar tissue. They had to open the urethra back up so I could get a penile implant (done by Dr. Eid this past February) and as a result, I now have the leakage back (about two light pads a day).

My local urologist, Dr. Ty Higuchi, who does lots of implants, etc., says that all of his patients on whom he does slings end up having to self-cath for a while afterwards (I think he said a few weeks or months) to get the urine out. Dr.Eid says that’s not his experience at all, and that that must be due to the sling being installed too tight.

So my first question is what is the experience of people here regarding having to self-cath after sling surgery?

Also, reading previous posts on here, it sounds like recovery from the sling surgery is kind of a big deal, with lots of pain, limited activity for a while, needing a cushion to sit on, etc., though I didn’t see much in the way of recent posts, so maybe newer ones are easier. Dr. Eid says it’s really very minor, and back to full activity in two weeks, with most normal activity in a few days.

So second question is what is the real-world experience with recovery from sling surgery these days?

Thanks!

Tenderpaw

Re: Sling Surgery

Postby Tenderpaw » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:01 pm

I had my prostate removed in 2010 at the young age of 43. In the process, i leaked a pad and a half per day and sometimes wet my pants. Had to have spare underwear and pads in my desk at work. On top of that, i had ED and my dick was shorter after the prostate removal. Everything sucked big time.

I had the sling surgery done and it changed my life. I still wear a pad, but generally only leak 25 percent of it a day. In other words, i don't have to worry about it. I never had to self catheterize. The doc i used made sure i could pee before i was released from the hospital.

My advice: make sure your doc is experienced. This isn't something to be the first patient on. My doc had done about 75 of these operations and the key is for him to know how tight to make the sling. Too tight, you can't pee. Too lose, you leak. Also, and this is critical, DO NOT LIFT ANYTHING UNTIL THE DOC SAYS YOU CAN! If you do, you can loosen the sling. After healing is complete, the sling is bound by the tissue and you can lift normally.

Again, i have not regrets. This solved my leakage. Trimix solved my ED (i can screw my wife). My dick is still an inch shorter, but sex still feels good and I'm alive.

Return to “General Discussion”