Possible implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Oldfart1

Possible implant

Postby Oldfart1 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:05 pm

First Dr. visit next Tuesday in Tallahassee Fl. with Dr Kenneth Delay. Have had ED for many years. Pills don't work. Wife and I don't want to inject.
My local Dr. thinks an implant is the correct procedure. Dr. Delay is a Coloplast COE. Has very good reviews. Does anyone know him or has been his patient. I'm 67 with enlarged prostate. Need to get this right the first time but don't have the luxury to close my shop and travel. Thanks
Age 67, 5'7," 227# Enlarged prostate, BP meds, Thyroid meds. ED for many years. Possibly due to injury.

tomas1

Re: Possible implant

Postby tomas1 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:06 pm

I haven't read your history, but do you have curvature or scarring that would necessitate using Coloplast.

I personally would have preferred the AMS 700 LGX, but my doc doesn't believe an LGX would be firm enough in a length of 18cm or longer. That's water under the bridge now and I can't do anything about it now.

I don't like the flaccid hardness of the CX and believe the Coloplast is even harder when flaccid.

Good luck with your search and future experience.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Oldfart1

Postby Oldfart1 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:02 am

No Hard spots. Always had a slight left curve. Never painful to either of us. Just want it fixed so we can hopefully resume what we had years ago.
Thanks for the reply tomas1.
Age 67, 5'7," 227# Enlarged prostate, BP meds, Thyroid meds. ED for many years. Possibly due to injury.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:13 pm

tomas1 wrote:I haven't read your history, but do you have curvature or scarring that would necessitate using Coloplast.

I personally would have preferred the AMS 700 LGX, but my doc doesn't believe an LGX would be firm enough in a length of 18cm or longer. That's water under the bridge now and I can't do anything about it now.

I don't like the flaccid hardness of the CX and believe the Coloplast is even harder when flaccid.

Good luck with your search and future experience.

I believe your CX's flaccid firmness will relax after a few months.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”