TRT disclosure

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
NextStepImplant

TRT disclosure

Postby NextStepImplant » Fri May 24, 2019 10:34 am

I’m taking exogenous testosterone that was not prescribed to me. Next month I will be seeing a surgeon for a consult about a penile implant. From my understanding testosterone shots raise the red blood cell count and the doctor may inquire about this after a blood test.

Would it be best to play dumb?
Would it be possible to tell the doctor that I do have a prescription to testosterone?
Would he/she automatically look in a data base to see who prescribed it?
If I did recieve a prescription would that automatically be added to the data base or would they request my approval?

I know I should have just stayed clean but the shots have really improved the quality of my life while experiencing complete impotence.

happycamper59

Re: TRT disclosure

Postby happycamper59 » Fri May 24, 2019 11:46 am

Never lie to your doctor. You want him/her to be honest with you, right? You don't want him/her to make a mistake.
ED for 25 years. Went through pills and currently injecting Trimix. Implant is now scheduled for June 3! :D

NextStepImplant

Postby NextStepImplant » Fri May 24, 2019 11:56 am

grandhaven wrote:Never lie to your doctor. You want him/her to be honest with you, right? You don't want him/her to make a mistake.

Pretty sure telling the truth will make sure I won’t get surgery. So I guess I should quit injecting, cancel the flight and for go the out of pocket costs of seeing the doctor, pay for periodic blood tests, and watch my mental health and psyiscal health deteriorate even further.

Any one else have some insight?

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri May 24, 2019 1:29 pm

NextStepImplant wrote:
grandhaven wrote:Never lie to your doctor. You want him/her to be honest with you, right? You don't want him/her to make a mistake.

Pretty sure telling the truth will make sure I won’t get surgery. So I guess I should quit injecting, cancel the flight and for go the out of pocket costs of seeing the doctor, pay for periodic blood tests, and watch my mental health and psyiscal health deteriorate even further.

Any one else have some insight?

I will be blunt. There is a term for your statement, "splitting". It is not productive.

I think you are not giving your doctor credit for his/her humanity. Most medical professionals are understanding and not judgemental. It is part of their training and experience. They see patients will ALL SORTS of histories. They also have their canon of ethics.

I infer from your dismal prediction that you are (temporarily, I hope) discouraged. Do not let that deter you from your path. I had a bout of (situational) depression once when I was undiagnosed for a spinal condition during a particularly stressful couple of months. The two circumstances combined to affect me badly. Once I took the bull by the horns, my outlook improved greatly. So it was, also, with my E.D. Once I decided to proceed with treatment (oral meds) my outlook improved. Then, years later when pills became ineffective, the determination/decision to seek an implant improved my outlook again.

So it will be with you, I believe. Make your decision. Trust your doctor. If your doctor is negative (and make sure you understand the factors and the logic behind that decision), ask what can be done to fix it. If the answer from that doctor is not satisfactory, find another doctor who is more skilled/imaginative (within the bounds of PROPER medical science).

Having made a decision to go forward is a great relief, whether that decision is to take action against a problem or to accept one's fate with equanimity. Indecision is a killer.

This has been my experience.

In other words, "suck it up". Accept what you have done to yourself and take whatever steps you must to fix it. (Ask your doctor the best pathway to fixing it. ) Accepting the deterioration you mentioned is not optimal.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “General Discussion”