Considering Implant, Bellingham, Wa.

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
richard2468

Considering Implant, Bellingham, Wa.

Postby richard2468 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:58 pm

I know a lot of these questions have been addressed in other threads, and I am reading them, but I would also like to post my own concerns, my way, so if you would excuse the redundance...

I am 65, treated for prostate cancer a few years ago. Since then have had ED and urinary issues. So I have a lot of problems to work through. A few questions about the penis implant:

1. How much pain might I expect if I had this procedure? Weeks? Months? How bad is it? Where is the pain associated?

2. Is the penis as hard, and same size as it was normally? Does it feel the same? If not, how is it different?

3. Does intercourse feel different in any way? If so, how is it different? How does your orgasm compare to how it was before? Does it take longer to climax, or same?

4. Is the device easy to use? Is it reliable? Does it work as advertised? Would you recommend a specific manufacturer?

5. Would you recommend this to a friend? Do you have any regrets. Are you happy with your choice to have this procedure? Are there things you wish you had done differently?

David_R

Re: Considering Implant, Bellingham, Wa.

Postby David_R » Wed May 22, 2019 2:07 pm

richard2468 wrote:1. How much pain might I expect if I had this procedure? Weeks? Months? How bad is it? Where is the pain associated?
I had enough pain in the groin area during the first week that I had to use prescription pain medicine for the first few days, then OTC pain meds, back at work (I had a desk job) in a week, no pain then, just discomfort as everything healed back.

2. Is the penis as hard, and same size as it was normally? Does it feel the same? If not, how is it different?
My penis is as hard as when I was a young guy (in other words, harder than it was pre-prostatectomy as I had aged). It feels the same -- rock hard n sexy! ;)

3. Does intercourse feel different in any way? If so, how is it different? How does your orgasm compare to how it was before? Does it take longer to climax, or same?
Intercourse feels just as good as it did before (even better actually since my dick is very hard now). My orgasms are the same as before, mind-blowing and not requiring any extra time at all.

4. Is the device easy to use? Is it reliable? Does it work as advertised? Would you recommend a specific manufacturer?
My implant is easy to use: I can pump it up in less than 30 seconds. It always works (which is better than a natural erection, which can be impacted by emotions, etc.). And it is just as good as my urologist said it would be.

5. Would you recommend this to a friend? Do you have any regrets. Are you happy with your choice to have this procedure? Are there things you wish you had done differently?
I would definitely recommend this to a friend who had ED and no success with other options. No regrets; my wife and I are both very happy with the implant. :D

Lost Sheep

Re: Considering Implant, Bellingham, Wa.

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed May 22, 2019 2:28 pm

Welcome to the forum, richard2468.

richard2468 wrote:I know a lot of these questions have been addressed in other threads, and I am reading them, but I would also like to post my own concerns, my way, so if you would excuse the redundance...

I am 65, treated for prostate cancer a few years ago. Since then have had ED and urinary issues. So I have a lot of problems to work through. A few questions about the penis implant:

Redundancy excused. You testify that you have a redundant condition, urinary issues on top of E.D.

I met a guy who had two pumps installed at the same time. One for an penile implant the other for urinary incontinence, post prostatectomy. Inflate one for sex and deflate the other to urinate. So, it can be done.

richard2468 wrote:1. How much pain might I expect if I had this procedure? Weeks? Months? How bad is it? Where is the pain associated?

I was in enough pain to encourage me to stay in bed for a week (torso pain because of the reservoir made rolling out of bed a heavily planned procedure). I could have gone back to (sedentary) work fairly easily after two weeks out, but stayed three because I 1) had scheduled in advance, 2) I had the leave time and 3) just lazy.

richard2468 wrote:

My penis got hard as it was when I was 18. At 18, it got hard enough that I could not urinate until I made it go down. Now, though the penis is just as hard, I can urinate with only a little restriction. Other than than, fully pumped, just as rigid as I can stand. And the angle of erection has it standing out from my body such that I can hang a full-size bath towel on it. (Though some men do wind up with a lower angle and some men point higher, your angle may vary.)

My cross-section is more oval now. The implant's tubes make it so. When aroused, the spongiosum tissues engorge and fill out the shape to a rounder, fuller cross-section as before E.D. and implant.

Length is just as before. Some men get a little shorter and some of these gain length back. A few get longer than before. Memory may make nonsense of these comparisons unless accurate measurements were made 1) before E.D., 2) immediately before the implant operation (in as erect a state as is possible, by whatever means is necessary), 3) after healing from the operation is complete and 4) a year or two after the implant.

richard2468 wrote:3. Does intercourse feel different in any way? If so, how is it different? How does your orgasm compare to how it was before? Does it take longer to climax, or same?

I ejaculated prematurely before the implant. I am grateful that it takes longer for me to climax. That seems to be temporary, as my time to orgasm is getting shorter as the months go on.

Sex and orgasm feel just the same. But memory is frail. In any event sex is now possible, so the comparison there is infinitely better. Orgasm was possible with E.D., but orgasm with an erection inside my girlfriend is better than orgasm without an erection in her mouth or by masturbation.

Strangely, I found orgasm by fellatio to be equal in pleasure to orgasm by coitus before the implant. Now, I find orgasm by fellatio to be so-so. Orgasm by coitus is FAR superior. But that is probably just me. Or maybe the shape of the inside of her mouth - or her technique or a million other factors that don't apply to you, or anyone else.
richard2468 wrote:4. Is the device easy to use? Is it reliable? Does it work as advertised? Would you recommend a specific manufacturer?

The relative merits of the makers and their models have been discussed and I will not list the attributes here. Your research will find those threads, I am sure.

Works as expected. Not as easy to inflate as a natural erection (which, by definition is self-inflating), but I can go from fully flaccid to fully erect if far less than a minute. If I wanted to inflate stealthily, I could. Being married, that would only be a factor for you if you wanted to simulate a natural erection for benefit of the illusion to your wife.

Reliable? 100% so far. It will fail some day. Perhaps I will outlast it. Hopefully, It will still be operable when I am on my deathbed. With the (average) service life of the newest ones coming out of the shops reaching well past 10 years, that has a good chance of coming true.

As far as recommendation, do your research and convince your surgeon to accept you as a member of your own medical care team with input of your desires into the decision making process. Discuss the choice of which implant to use with your surgeon, making sure your specific situation is fully understood

richard2468 wrote:

Yes, if no less invasive treatment works. This DOES DESTROY any other potential treatment options.
No.
Yes.
A few.

Good luck.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “General Discussion”