Is My Testosterone Test Result Too Low?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
kinggg

Is My Testosterone Test Result Too Low?

Postby kinggg » Fri May 17, 2019 11:17 pm

For 2 years I've shown symptoms of low testosterone.. no libido, ED, no motivation, hard to concentrate on things, not feeling strong like a man, poor sleeping patterns, etc.

I got back my testosterone results this week. I show a score of 281. I read that below 300 is considered low. But the lab where I got this test done states its in normal range. It could be normal for a male in his 20s. But I'm 48 and want to know if this is considered too low for my age. Let me know guys.. thanks.

Woodicould

Re: Is My Testosterone Test Result Too Low?

Postby Woodicould » Fri May 17, 2019 11:51 pm

I think 300 is considered low for any age. I had prostate cancer at age 66 and was put on hormones to kill off my testosterone because most prostate cancer is fed by testosterone. My T went down to 10 and then 3. I was dragging and depressed, had trouble thinking. Once I got off the hormone treatment my T started going back up. I started feeling more normal once it passed the 300 range. I was able to get into a range of 500-600. I'm hoping you can get to a doctor who can help you get your T back up in a normal range. Low T not only affects your mood, brain fog, energy levels, and ED, it also causes your bones to become weaker and you can get osteopena or osteoparosis. (Sorry my spelling is off, but you get my point). Hope you can get help and then give us a progress report.
Prostate cancer age 65 with PSA 5.8. Biopsy Oct 2010. Gleason score of 7, 3+4 with perineural invasion. Stage II, T2cNXMX.
Jan-Feb 2011 radiation. Palladium-103 seed implant March 2011 (55 implants). Lupron treatment from Dec 2010 to Aug 2011 (8 months).

Robert66

Postby Robert66 » Sat May 18, 2019 12:47 am

Same boat last year started t cream feel great libido in overdrive pm if you have trouble getting supplies
edex and tri mix 45/1/27 26 units

Robert66

Postby Robert66 » Sat May 18, 2019 12:48 am

Same boat last year started t cream feel great libido in overdrive pm if you have trouble getting supplies
edex and tri mix 45/1/27 26 units

Namirrah

Postby Namirrah » Sat May 18, 2019 8:22 am

Unfortunately most Doctors still operate under the no age associated with testosterone levels model. Which is absolute bullshit. "Normal " is a range between 300 to 1200.
Age: 39, Diabetic (well controlled) HBP (since teens, less well controlled, but ok),
mild ED for 3 years, l arginine l citrulline and norvaline (amino acid stack) helped.
Pills: ineffective. Started trimix: 6/24/18, EXTREMELY effective.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sat May 18, 2019 8:56 am

My T was low, and I had all the symptoms - no libido, no energy, difficulty concentrating, brain fog, etc. I went on a course of Androgel and T gradually increased from 135 to 600, but it made no difference in my symptoms. After a few months of this I discontinued treatment because it had no effect and T therapy is not without risks. This was 5 or 6 years ago and there has been no change in symptoms.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:07 am

kinggg wrote:For 2 years I've shown symptoms of low testosterone.. no libido, ED, no motivation, hard to concentrate on things, not feeling strong like a man, poor sleeping patterns, etc.

I got back my testosterone results this week. I show a score of 281. I read that below 300 is considered low. But the lab where I got this test done states its in normal range. It could be normal for a male in his 20s. But I'm 48 and want to know if this is considered too low for my age. Let me know guys.. thanks.

Even when I was on the low end of normal, I had low libido. When I got to the high end of normal, my sex drive came back. :)

Larry

antelope

Postby antelope » Sat May 18, 2019 11:03 am

I cannot answer your question clinically, but I can share my personal experience with you. In searching for possible causes of and solutions for my ED, my doc include a Testosterone test in my semi-annual blood chemistry profile. The result was something in the low 300's. His comment was that this was not terribly low for someone my age--then mid sixties.

Two years later, after going to the gym virtually every day, maintaining a high protein, low carb diet, I lost 60 pounds (while adding muscle and muscle tone) to my flabby self. He tested again and the T number was over 700.

I hope this is information you--or someone--might find useful.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

kinggg

Postby kinggg » Sat May 18, 2019 8:46 pm

dg_moore wrote:My T was low, and I had all the symptoms - no libido, no energy, difficulty concentrating, brain fog, etc. I went on a course of Androgel and T gradually increased from 135 to 600, but it made no difference in my symptoms. After a few months of this I discontinued treatment because it had no effect and T therapy is not without risks. This was 5 or 6 years ago and there has been no change in symptoms.

Androgel? I've read that T injections give the best results.

kinggg

Postby kinggg » Sat May 18, 2019 8:47 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
kinggg wrote:For 2 years I've shown symptoms of low testosterone.. no libido, ED, no motivation, hard to concentrate on things, not feeling strong like a man, poor sleeping patterns, etc.

Even when I was on the low end of normal, I had low libido. When I got to the high end of normal, my sex drive came back. :)

Larry

Hey Larry,

Appreciate the reply. Whats your T level currently? How long did you wait before your libido returned?

Return to “General Discussion”