Compensating, or 'big car - floppy dick?'

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Daveuk36

Compensating, or 'big car - floppy dick?'

Postby Daveuk36 » Thu May 20, 2010 7:12 am

Ok, we have all heard the comment 'big car, little dick'. In my case, small dick and no car, so im unsure where that leaves me, lol.

But do we compensate as men for the fact we have ED? Do we go the extra mile in other areas to reinforce our own masculinity, both to ourselves and to others?

I will be the first to admit, that while im accepting the ED, my gym attendance has gone from 0 to 5 days a week. Do i think big guns will compensate for my lack of ability to have sex, honestly i dont know, but i do know that when im working out i feel that yea, im a real guy.
Maybe this makes me sound totally superficial, maybe i am, but my way of seeing it is, im taking control of what i can while accepting factors outside of my control.

So do others feel the need to reassert their masculinity to the rest of the world? We cant go out, club a wooley mammoth and drag it to our cave, before discovering fire and inventing the wheel, so we have to find other ways in todays society.
Im not suggesting we all start jumping out of aeroplanes without a parachute or spend our spare time wrestling crocodiles, but maybe getting that bigger TV, driving that slightly more powerfull car or insisting on only cooking using a barbeque and naked flames is our way of dealing with this. And you know what, i gonna keep going to the gym, and if i cure the ED great, and if i dont, well at least my arms will me (marginally) bigger. But what i have learnt from talking to some very wise guys on this site is, it really doesnt matter how big your arms are,what cc ur car engine is or even whether or not we can perform in bed, its what is in our hearts and how we live our lives that shapes us as men, and how the world perceives us.
Dave, 37, married guy, Sleep problems and meds causing ED

franglais

Re: Compensating, or 'big car - floppy dick?'

Postby franglais » Thu May 20, 2010 9:11 am

x
Last edited by franglais on Sun May 22, 2011 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

limpandfloppy

Postby limpandfloppy » Thu May 20, 2010 3:20 pm

Hey Dave,

You hit it on the head. You are making positive chases. Someone once said, "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can't change, the power to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference". Today we call that the serenity prayer. May your journey bring you to that place where life is all it can be for you.

In case you have any doubts about the gym thing, I would wager lots of bucks that your wife feels a lot safer with her "hunk" of a guy. Good for you.

You have a wisdom that is hard to miss. Thank you for being a positive voice.

regain-is-the-aim

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Thu May 20, 2010 9:39 pm

Dave:

Thanks for the post. Your words mean a great deal to all of us. Regardless of etiology we all have the same major problem. And regardless of what we started with; long, medium or "short", if it doesn't "get" hard the ole days really don't matter very much. Science is not on top of this issue/problem and we are left to our own devices and each other- the real strength of this site. Your sharing is a great leap forward to all of us. Paul has encouraged me, as I'm sure he has to everyone, to tell/share story and journey. I'm very new to this august garthering of guys and have been reticent to share. OK. I'm certainly not a jock but have had a similar experience. I will also post my ongoing journey within a few days to encourage others to "take care of the body we have". My journey indicates my comments should go with the mental health component of our discussion and sharing. You gave me the reason and courage.

Thanks,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

Return to “General Discussion”