disapointed2 and implant 3-29-19

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
disapointed2

Re: disapointed2 and implant 3-29-19

Postby disapointed2 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:18 pm

Thank you for the reply. I have not got to the car seat yet. LOL.... it does not feel good getting in or out. good luck with your back also. I have had 8 back surgeries so I can imagine more than you think
67yrs old. ed for 8yrs. Implanted 5-29-2019

disapointed2

Postby disapointed2 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:21 am

Day 8 / nothing new to talk about. Feeling good , just a very dull ache to complain about. The next post will be after the activation and follow up in about 2or 3 weeks.
Some one asked me about the gory details. Thinking about it there was no gore in this. I consider myself done with the pain and discomfort with the surgery. For me there was very little pain. For those reading this I will tell you when you read about other people and their pain and nightmares they went thru, you know your own body, how you react to surgeries and such. I have had a very good doctor who helped developed this type of surgery for ams. I am a veteran of surgeries, lol. Meaning I have had one hell of a lot.
My story has been my personal experience of the first implant and some thoughts along the way. It is a big decision to make and hard at times to be committed to. But it has also been a good decision for me to make for just for myself and wanting to get something back that I have lost, fighting the depression that comes with e.d.
I have been very very fortunate. Very little swelling or bruising for me. 2 days of pain pills and just taking it easy. I iced down 3 or 4 times. The pain was extremely less than I expected. Every ones pain levels very.
My hope is for others who read this can see that each of us is different. This is not a cake walk, but the decision is very personal, challenging and a test of our determination to get back what we have lost because of e.d.

disapointed2

Postby disapointed2 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:01 pm

something I did not talk about is the implant and tubes and such. It has been no big deal but I was pressing into the fat pad just to see if I could tell how it was routed for the resivor. I can feel the tube going into the bladder area and can barely feel the tubes into the penis and scrotum area. I am pumped to 50 per cent. I have the tips of the implant well into the head. That has been the worst part of the surgery. It is not an extreme pain thing, just unrelenting pressure. It is a slight annoyance which I am sure will go away soon. Never heard of it described this way. So I just wanted to touch on it. I did some work around the house today and slightly over done it.
I know it has only been 10 days post op. No complaints. Hope I have not bored anyone with my posts, good luck to those who choose to implant.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:50 pm

Take it easy on the work for awhile. I lifted a truck fender after around 3 weeks and felt a severe pain where the reservoir goes into my torso. Felt like I would imagine a hernia would.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

disapointed2

Postby disapointed2 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:39 pm

Any one come up with a good design for a tee shirt that has Bionic on it? Just asking...... Thought it would be funny to see some designs...........

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:50 pm

disapointed2 wrote:Any one come up with a good design for a tee shirt that has Bionic on it? Just asking...... Thought it would be funny to see some designs...........

I have started a new thread in the "Implants" section asking your question.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

disapointed2

Postby disapointed2 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:55 pm

I went to the doctor on the 22 and was given the ok to pump. He had me deflate and inflate half way and deflate again, and then said there was no need to come back. So I went home and tried to inflate and it only inflated half way. I couldn,t get it to 100 percent. So I called ams tuesday morning and found out that I was doing it ok the inflation part but what I did not know was that it takes time to get the full inflation. I asked about the ved with the pumping and was told I could do that it might help and it would not hurt any of the work the doctor had done.
I was really disappointed with not being able to pump fully. I just was not told about how this worked. My mistake. So anyone that has gone thru the surgery and is expecting to be at 100 percent after the first time pumping relax. as everyone else learned it takes time. My anticipation got the best of me.
I am doing great as far as the surgery and recovery goes. I have not regretted my decision to have the implant one bit because I was unable to do anything about e.d. anyway. I have noticed the sensation of a penis wanting to get errect again and it is still a good feeling. I pump up at night and leave it that way until the morning. The way I see it, I am in training lol.
I still have a way to go. Patience , patience, patience. So this has been my experience so far and I am hoping that those who are trying to make up their minds about implants will be a little more at ease with my story. Thanks for reading.....

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:01 pm

disapointed2 wrote:I went to the doctor on the 22 and was given the ok to pump. He had me deflate and inflate half way and deflate again, and then said there was no need to come back. So I went home and tried to inflate and it only inflated half way. I couldn,t get it to 100 percent. So I called ams tuesday morning and found out that I was doing it ok the inflation part but what I did not know was that it takes time to get the full inflation. I asked about the ved with the pumping and was told I could do that it might help and it would not hurt any of the work the doctor had done.
I was really disappointed with not being able to pump fully. I just was not told about how this worked. My mistake. So anyone that has gone thru the surgery and is expecting to be at 100 percent after the first time pumping relax. as everyone else learned it takes time. My anticipation got the best of me.
I am doing great as far as the surgery and recovery goes. I have not regretted my decision to have the implant one bit because I was unable to do anything about e.d. anyway. I have noticed the sensation of a penis wanting to get errect again and it is still a good feeling. I pump up at night and leave it that way until the morning. The way I see it, I am in training lol.

I still have a way to go. Patience , patience, patience. So this has been my experience so far and I am hoping that those who are trying to make up their minds about implants will be a little more at ease with my story. Thanks for reading.....

D2
Always refreshing to hear a success story. My first 2 surgeries went well also. Now I am heading for a third and not so confident as before. Just don't know if my problems have good
minor surgery solutions. I will know June 19th.
Question. I have an AMS also. Mine is 18 cm LGX with 3 rtes. Just wondering what you got? I'm going to ask my surgeon to upgrade to a CX 21 cm with whatever rtes are needed. I have grown since my implant so not sure what I'll get.
Is yours a CX? Not sure how that will feel deflated. Thanks
DougAnd
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

disapointed2

Postby disapointed2 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:48 pm

2rt x 12

disapointed2

Postby disapointed2 » Fri May 10, 2019 9:36 pm

Ok. After one month of trying to pump up my implant and being disapointed about not being able to do this, I made an appointment with the surgeon to take a look at this pump. I have tried everything to be able to pump up. Nothing is working for me at this point.
I am not complaining, shit happens LOL. Every once in a while things don,t work. In my excitement I am in to big of a hurry to return to normal. Monday is my appointment. Hopefully I will not have to undergo a replacement of the pump. If I do it will be just one more bump in the road.
I still will not blame the doctor. He was one of the best and new what he was doing and the pain was very minimal because of his skills and love of his work.

Return to “General Discussion”