Prostate Radiation

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
handfulWES

Prostate Radiation

Postby handfulWES » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:46 pm

For fear that this may well need to be added to the thread "Your Prostate" I felt I would try to give this one it's own topic. I didn't want you to have to wade thru several pages of reading.

On Thursday, February 28, 2019 I have a visit with my Oncologist. I have had several request asking about if the prostate could be revived after radiation. This doctor has been an Oncologist for almost 35 years, was head of both the in patent and out patent Oncology. When the two got so large they divided it between 2 doctors and he does all the in patient Oncology which includes treatment for the prostate. I was his last patient and he took all the time in the world with me.

I explained about Frank Talk and my involvement as just someone wanting to help others. I asked a lot of questions, many I knew the answer but wanted his take as well.

He said that for all his patients he does recommend the use of prostate massage. He said in many cases this has actually helped the ED side of things helping a patient back to a somewhat state of normal. NOTE: You need to talk with your doctor on this. He also told me there are many doctors who don't believe in this treatment. If you decide to give this a try, have your PSA levels checked regular like every 6 months. He said often with ED pills, VED or injections they actually do return back to a normal state of health or as normal as possible. He said he has used "low dose Testosterone" to help increase the desire for sex. He said often half or even better than half the time, if the drive returns (that of being horny) will go miles in making other things work. He never used the term it is in your head but I do know that HORNY goes along way as a driving force.

There is hope for guys who have had Prostate Radiation to regain part or all the prostate function. I didn't say that ALL guys will recover. My doctor said it takes due diligence, it takes time which did coincide with some articles I read just recently. I will try to set about and see if I might be able to retrace my steps. At the time I was doing my research I wasn't a member of FT and was doing the looking for someone I know. My doctor and I talked about my prostate and he actually did an exam and said mine felt rather healthy and took a sample of fluid and looked at it under his microscope. I got to look as well and received an education on the spot.

I did ask one more question and I will post that here as I was also asked this. If your prostate is removed and you do backdoor play why does it feel as if it might still be there? My doctor's answer was: It is just like if you have a leg that is removed. Every patient will tell you they still feel it and it often hurts. Our mind knows it was there even though it is gone. So he said just enjoy the joy you feel. When he retires and he said they will have to retire him, LOL I know I will miss him. I am slightly older but not by a lot. Damn I am getting old. LOL

Guys I trust this has helped. Ask questions. If I don't know I will try to find the answer. If you are interested in trying out the prostate massage, then read here under GENERAL - "Your Prostate" I have what I believe is some rather good material. The things I have given I do myself. and my last PSA test was a 0.23 which almost doesn't exist. IF YOU CHOOSE TO GIVE THIS A TRY START SLOW. Try to get your doctor on board.

ONE NOTE IN CLOSING: I have a Thread "PSA Levels" please take a moment and read that as well. I had about 2 or 3 weeks ago a new PSA level and it came back 3.7 and the stupid doctor I have in that clinic didn't ask the right questions. I had sexual activity that morning, and my prostate was worked rather well in addition. This sent my PSA up BUT NOTHING to cause any alarm. I wouldn't worry till it reached about 6.5 and then I might be more concerned. Remember as we pass the 50 mark, out levels ARE expected to go up some. I am getting close to 70 and mine are way down. This is me, I believe because I am faithful with my "T", that I am very active sexually and I work my prostate by a number of different means that I will continue like this till my number turns up. Yes, over the years I have on a few occasions had my PSA up slightly. If I know I am having a PSA done I try not to have any sexual activity or backdoor play for 2 days prior. This will give you a more accurate reading.

handfulWES
68, single, have had an implant since I was 42. Goals: to help men with ED; help men over come years of failure; to know their bodies; have a richer fuller sex life whether they or straight, Bi or gay. last I traveled this road starting in the late 60's

Return to “General Discussion”