Language

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
handfulWES

Re: Language

Postby handfulWES » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:38 pm

I guess I may overstep a step here. From bldoink's post I read into that as an over emphasized use of some 4 or 5 letter words. As I am famous in my post: THE POINT IS: It is difficult at times for 2 individuals to read the same statement and both interpenetrate it differently. Often we may feel something is slanted when the individual who wrote the statement had no intention as someone took said statement.

I agree, if this is truly "Frank Talk", and words such as "Dick, Cock, Pecker, Balls, Nuts, Nutting One etc." are removed, all the quote "political words just don't convey the message as well. If you are talking about masturbation in your private session, I see nothing wrong with the use of JO session. There isn't a man alive on God's green earth who doesn't fully understand that term. In going to an all "Politically Correct" verbiage, would take away from the "CAUSAL CARE FREE" atmosphere and I would almost agree with a post from above where do we go. In my usage of some of my favorite words is exactly my language when I out and around guys in just a simple social setting. I was at a church retreat just for guys and I had a guy that said, damn you managed to break the ice and it made it easy for the rest of us to enjoy ourselves. I'm not shy! Several pastors were their and I said look, we may try really hard to use all the correct terms but we actually might understand some things far better with a bit more street language. I said this morning session needed something to bring it to life. The first afternoon session I was on the program and by the time I finished, I covered the point, had them in stitches and one guy actually made the remark before we dismissed for a break, I think I will remember this session. Had I had women and children around sure it would have been a bit more dry and much less humorless. I did cover the topic but in a way that opened for discussion and questions more freely. Is this not purpose of "Frank Talk".

I actually thought about this some during the night as it weighed heavily on my mind. The first time after being a member I thought I will be able to help here. If I am only able to reach and help one person whatever time I have spent will be worth my effort. I have made friends with a number of our members, I have I believe right at 100 post made in less than a month. I believe I possess a wealth of knowledge fighting ED from 19 1/2 years to 68 1/2 years of age. I believe so far I have had an implant more years than any member of FT, as I ring in for almost 27 years.

Should Frank Talk become as structured as is posed by our moderator I feel we would all lose something. If having a Search Engine has to remake Frank Talk is it really worth the effort. Could it be we actually need our Admin to weigh in on this topic and give us a better direction or yet clarification.

I must say that after reading thru this again late last night, I actually just deleted what I had written here and decided I would start again on this paragraph. I almost feel at a lost here. I am a very sensitive and caring person. I have exposed many areas of my own life in order to share truth and gospel. I have many post where I refer to my belief in a higher power. I do attend church and I find no conflict between that and whatever life style I choose to live. I have a saying, "What you see is what you get". I served my country well and as far as language that would make a sailor blush I haven't seen this.

I struggle to actually make my post as I have a low vision problem. I don't use any type of program to do my keyboarding because I feel keyboarding my words makes it more personal. I am sure in many of my post, I stray or seem disconnected but my brain often runs faster than my fingers. In so many of my post I have stated time and again how much Frank Talk means to me. I actually care, I read post that will bring tears to my eyes, guys struggling so much like I did way back when. When I see guys my age and older I know the landmarks of time they experienced. I am sure that many of the younger guys (under 40) feel those of us 50 plus are just a bunch of old farts (is fart an OK word) and sex is over with for them.

I will just conclude with this statement: Yesterday I had something that happen at the VA that is really funny. I went to humor and I am not even sure I could post the story. I think every guy on FT, no matter the age, would roll over and almost die laughing. There wasn't exactly anything sexual as it did involve a certain part of a mans anatomy but the experience was priceless and for everything else there is "Master Card". (very funny story but without all the slang and 4 or 5 letter words, it will lose its punch)

WES
Other than trying to clarify certain words, for me I did great. I had to backspace many times to take out a word that was I guess considered bad.
68, single, have had an implant since I was 42. Goals: to help men with ED; help men over come years of failure; to know their bodies; have a richer fuller sex life whether they or straight, Bi or gay. last I traveled this road starting in the late 60's

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:10 pm

handfulWES wrote:I guess I may overstep a step here. From bldoink's post I read into that as an over emphasized use of some 4 or 5 letter words. As I am famous in my post: THE POINT IS: It is difficult at times for 2 individuals to read the same statement and both interpenetrate it differently. Often we may feel something is slanted when the individual who wrote the statement had no intention as someone took said statement.

I agree, if this is truly "Frank Talk", and words such as "Dick, Cock, Pecker, Balls, Nuts, Nutting One etc." are removed, all the quote "political words just don't convey the message as well. If you are talking about masturbation in your private session, I see nothing wrong with the use of JO session. There isn't a man alive on God's green earth who doesn't fully understand that term. In going to an all "Politically Correct" verbiage, would take away from the "CAUSAL CARE FREE" atmosphere and I would almost agree with a post from above where do we go. In my usage of some of my favorite words is exactly my language when I out and around guys in just a simple social setting. I was at a church retreat just for guys and I had a guy that said, damn you managed to break the ice and it made it easy for the rest of us to enjoy ourselves. I'm not shy! Several pastors were their and I said look, we may try really hard to use all the correct terms but we actually might understand some things far better with a bit more street language. I said this morning session needed something to bring it to life. The first afternoon session I was on the program and by the time I finished, I covered the point, had them in stitches and one guy actually made the remark before we dismissed for a break, I think I will remember this session. Had I had women and children around sure it would have been a bit more dry and much less humorless. I did cover the topic but in a way that opened for discussion and questions more freely. Is this not purpose of "Frank Talk".

I actually thought about this some during the night as it weighed heavily on my mind. The first time after being a member I thought I will be able to help here. If I am only able to reach and help one person whatever time I have spent will be worth my effort. I have made friends with a number of our members, I have I believe right at 100 post made in less than a month. I believe I possess a wealth of knowledge fighting ED from 19 1/2 years to 68 1/2 years of age. I believe so far I have had an implant more years than any member of FT, as I ring in for almost 27 years.

Should Frank Talk become as structured as is posed by our moderator I feel we would all lose something. If having a Search Engine has to remake Frank Talk is it really worth the effort. Could it be we actually need our Admin to weigh in on this topic and give us a better direction or yet clarification.

I must say that after reading thru this again late last night, I actually just deleted what I had written here and decided I would start again on this paragraph. I almost feel at a lost here. I am a very sensitive and caring person. I have exposed many areas of my own life in order to share truth and gospel. I have many post where I refer to my belief in a higher power. I do attend church and I find no conflict between that and whatever life style I choose to live. I have a saying, "What you see is what you get". I served my country well and as far as language that would make a sailor blush I haven't seen this.

I struggle to actually make my post as I have a low vision problem. I don't use any type of program to do my keyboarding because I feel keyboarding my words makes it more personal. I am sure in many of my post, I stray or seem disconnected but my brain often runs faster than my fingers. In so many of my post I have stated time and again how much Frank Talk means to me. I actually care, I read post that will bring tears to my eyes, guys struggling so much like I did way back when. When I see guys my age and older I know the landmarks of time they experienced. I am sure that many of the younger guys (under 40) feel those of us 50 plus are just a bunch of old farts (is fart an OK word) and sex is over with for them.

I will just conclude with this statement: Yesterday I had something that happen at the VA that is really funny. I went to humor and I am not even sure I could post the story. I think every guy on FT, no matter the age, would roll over and almost die laughing. There wasn't exactly anything sexual as it did involve a certain part of a mans anatomy but the experience was priceless and for everything else there is "Master Card". (very funny story but without all the slang and 4 or 5 letter words, it will lose its punch)

WES
Other than trying to clarify certain words, for me I did great. I had to backspace many times to take out a word that was I guess considered bad.

The whole point I was trying to make was that if this site is going to get A LOT more exposure, we should try to curb our language. The four letter F word is NOT necessary and some of our members cannot communicate one sentence without using it at least twice. I guess the "clean up your language" only applies to me because I am a Moderator with the next best thing to zero responsibilities (except snitching on members when I feel their post is inappropriate) and zero authority. In fact, most of the time Paul disagrees with me. I guess if I wanted to use the F word 10 times in one sentence, that would be OK if I were not the Moderator. What a sad state of affairs it is when people are so determined to use it that they jump all over me about Free Speech and Censorship... I will say it one more time. FREE SPEECH AND CENSORSHIP does not apply to private websites. How many more times is Paul going to have to make that statement before it is clear? I guess some guys just cannot communicate effectively without swearing... I am sad for them :(

Larry

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:12 pm

To everyone, please remember that the word "fuck" has at least two categories of meanings.

One is epithetic and the other descriptive. The epithets based on the word are not considered appropriate for use in polite company unless extreme circumstances apply. The verb, however is descriptive of the sex act only, but with nuances of meaning that is sometimes useful in describing an attitude that the phrases/words "have sex", "copulate", "coitus" "make the two-backed beast with four legs" simply do not convey.

I use both senses sparingly, but both have places (I think) even in this forum. The pejorative meaning has use as punctuation sometimes, if for no other reason.

For as long as we ban females from the site because their presence would have a chilling effect on members expressing certain thoughts, I can see no justification for banning certain words, or even certain categories of attitudes towards sex or sexuality either.

Exception: Hate speech or flame wars. But these are easily distinguished from normal "frank" talk on FrankTalk.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:33 pm

Ok guys. Let’s refrain from using the f word and see if we can attract new members. Personally, I shy away from using the word but feel that any guy interested in talking about issues with his dick on a public forum would not be turned off by the f word. But let’s give it a try.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:46 am

dtwarren1942 wrote:Ok guys. Let’s refrain from using the f word and see if we can attract new members. Personally, I shy away from using the word but feel that any guy interested in talking about issues with his dick on a public forum would not be turned off by the f word. But let’s give it a try.

I appreciate the support but, the Pope can have ED but I doubt you would hear that kind of language coming from him. As I said before, it's a sad state of affairs when people can't have a conversation without using filthy language. :(

Larry

AnotherOldMan

Postby AnotherOldMan » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:32 am

:)
Pope can have ED

That raises some questions. The first to come to mind is, "How would he know?" :)

As for the "language" ban, I can't recall seeing what I consider an overuse of the 'f' word on here.
Since the list is just one word(so far) I would ask if foreign language equivalents are included on the list. :?

Since you seem to be, as far as I can tell, the sole judge and final arbitrator of what is offensive. Wouldn't direct intervention at the time
the specific "offense" occurs be much more effective.
Married 50+ years. Use VED for sex and do
daily exercises with both water and vacuum pumps.

David_R

Postby David_R » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:28 am

To me there is a big difference between using f*ck as a verb to mean intercourse and using f*ck as vulgar slang -- like "f*cking this" and "f*cking that" and "mother-f*cker / mother-f*cking." To me using it as a verb which is slang for intercourse seems pretty acceptable on this site where men talk about the intimate details of their struggles with E.D., even though I personally would prefer "have intercourse" and even "make love." But when it's just sex and nothing more, maybe it would be more appropriate to use f*ck rather than more acceptable/polite words. Just some thoughts, brothers.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:57 am

AnotherOldMan wrote::)
Pope can have ED

That raises some questions. The first to come to mind is, "How would he know?" :)

As for the "language" ban, I can't recall seeing what I consider an overuse of the 'f' word on here.
Since the list is just one word(so far) I would ask if foreign language equivalents are included on the list. :?

Since you seem to be, as far as I can tell, the sole judge and final arbitrator of what is offensive. Wouldn't direct intervention at the time
the specific "offense" occurs be much more effective.

Some of you guys are so disrespectful it make me want to vomit. I had the nerve to suggest that people stop using a few highly offensive words as we move to a much more public site and all I get is grief. Ya know what, say whatever the hell you want. I simply don't give a shit anymore. Understand this... if my military subordinates speak to me like this, I will charge them. When I try to exercise the microscopic authority I have on here, all I get is a bunch of whining. Someone says that foul language is a sign of intelligence... really, have a conversation with a group of grade 9 drop-outs and see if you still feel that way.

Larry

David_R

Postby David_R » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:10 am

I am so very, very sorry, Larry. It actually makes complete sense that on a site that deals with medical issues, medical terms should be used. I hope we can all do that.

Mr stuby

Postby Mr stuby » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:13 pm

agree with larry 100% and david_R is it all about you? or is it also about helping others also? The admin. asked for feed back. Some disrespect larry to to the point of------------!!!!!
"its Pauls site" please be constructive. yes i live in the BIBLE belt and i believe every word of it. Is it so hard to express your self with out profanity.
beam me up spock no intelligent life down hear.
Mike
74yr.old married 54yrs pc11/13 rad seed implants started ved 1/14 .implanted 11/20/2016 ams lgx 18+1 11 up 8 down 6 1/2 flaccid 7 5/8
local uro sanford health,

s. central N.D.
MIKE

Return to “General Discussion”