Language

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Larry10625

Re: Language

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:19 pm

grandhaven wrote:Larry, I would like to believe the vast majority of members here appreciate what you do. I see it time and time again the praise for FT and the help it brings so many of us. bldoink says it best, as he usually does!

I do not like to hear the f-bomb in public or from my kids. I scold them when they do. However, it is appropriate, IMHO, at times on FT.

A bigger concern (not mine, but likely the public) are the pics of penises.

But again, please don't change FT. It is a beautiful thing.

They have to know when they go on a site about limp penises that, there WILL be pictures of penises. The F Bomb is unnecessary and lets remember I was balled out because a member (with a foul mouth) complained about my very mild cussing… what's good for the goose should be good for the gander, except here.

Lost Sheep

Re: Language

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:51 pm

Larry10625 wrote:nonsense about censorship WHICH DOES NOT APPLY TO PRIVATE SITES.

Larry

Larry, I beg to differ on the statement that censorship does not apply to private sites.

Private sites have the right to censor what is posted. In most democracies government does not have the right to censor speech or writing.

Those two facts (the difference between government and private rights) do not address the question we are debating. We are debating whether or not and to what extent FrankTalk should exercise its right to censor members' posts. And how it should do it. And what effect such exercise would help or hinder FrankTalk's mission.

Of course, since FrankTalk is a privately owned entity the site owner has dictatorial imprimatur. But to the extent that Paul elects to listen to the members, we do have a voice (free speech being what it is). Also, since FrankTalk.org enjoys certain benefits granted by the Government (by virtue of incorporation as a 501(c) entity) the Government (and prohibition of certain modes of censorship) might hold some sway over FrankTalk's policies on allowed and disallowed posts/words/content. I do not know the law on that last point, nor do I believe it is central to the questions we are debating.

Should certain words be prohibited in posts on FrankTalk?
Should the rules on prohibition be formal, "black-letter law" style or allowed to be subjective (and if so, who is the final arbiter)?

There are other, more nuanced questions, but those two seem to be having the most traction.

I sincerely hope that my posts are not grief-ridden. I am trying to focus on getting a resolution that will keep FrankTalk as beneficial to the world as it can be and help it rise up to its highest potential.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “General Discussion”