Vasodialators

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Stew52

Vasodialators

Postby Stew52 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:59 pm

For discussion: I have read a lot of articles before coming to Tri-Mix on the use of various vasodialators or their precursors, to help ED. Well that alone didn't work for me. I have been using some though in conjunction with Tri-Mix for ED as well as for better cardio health. For example from WebMD: "L-arginine is converted in the body into a chemical called nitric oxide. Nitric oxide causes blood vessels to open wider for improved blood flow." L-Carnatine and a tablet Neo40 (NOX) are others.

My understanding of the erection process is that upon stimulation, a valve has to open in an artery to let blood in, and both a valve in the main drainage vein and compression of the penile veins holds the blood in to maintain an erection. Correct me if wrong.

So the question is: could vasodialators impede that process by enlarging the veins and allowing more blood to flow out especially in the case of a cranky valve?

Likewise with pumping actually.

Now that said there are other reasons to take vasodialators for general circulatory and heart health but not if it interferes with my boner.

Appreciate your thoughts. B
Last edited by Stew52 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOT an MD. 71, M51 yrs, CenTX US. Inj since 12/2016, a yr after pills stopped working. Caverject for a yr. 1/2018 Tri-Mix at 30 pap/2 phent/60 pge @0.3ml, now 0.5ml 80mcg/ml PGE1. DE/Anorgasmia setting in since 5/2019, worse now.

ED2013

Re: Vasodialators

Postby ED2013 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:29 pm

It is my understanding that the swelling of the penis with blood pinches off the veins that flow outward, closing them. So I’d say no.

Stew52

Postby Stew52 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:17 pm

Yea, I've read Wiki (ED and Erection) and many other sources. It says that, "Engorged corporal tissue compresses penile veins and venules, maintaining the erection". But there is a 2nd mechanism, two small muscles in the "bulb" inside the body pinching off the main return vein ("simultaneously the ischiocavernosus and bulbospongiosus muscles compress the veins of the corpora cavernosa restricting the egress and circulation of this blood.") like a valve.

Certainly strengthening these muscles (by ??) can help.

But do vasodialators dialate and enlarge the return veins making it harder to pinch off flow for either mechanism? That is great for cardio but not so good for an erection. Ideally you want a fire hose inlet and a garden hose outlet with a foot firmly on it, metaphorically.

Also wondering the effect of pumping and increasing the veins and the penis's casing size on this penile vein compression thing.

Just TOL for conversation and learning.
NOT an MD. 71, M51 yrs, CenTX US. Inj since 12/2016, a yr after pills stopped working. Caverject for a yr. 1/2018 Tri-Mix at 30 pap/2 phent/60 pge @0.3ml, now 0.5ml 80mcg/ml PGE1. DE/Anorgasmia setting in since 5/2019, worse now.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:49 pm

I have read (don’t recall where) that when pumping, you draw in 60% of the blood from the arteries leading into the chambers and 40% of the blood back in through the exiting veins.

I wonder if the reverse flow of blood back in through the veins causes damage/weakening of the “valves.”
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Return to “General Discussion”