disapointed2 disapointed again

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
disapointed2

disapointed2 disapointed again

Postby disapointed2 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:29 pm

went in to have an implant. Doctors found an infection. Said he would be willing to do the implant BUT it raised the chances of infection and having to remove the implant because of infection if it happened. We discussed at length the problem.
Surgery was postponed. Trying to get into an other doctor to cure this infection. I am disapointed but agreed with the surgeon that I would not risk an infection right off the bat.
I am scheduled for implant again in March of 2019, and need to get this infection cleared up. I wasn,t aware that I had another type of infection. So, I will seek to get this cleared up. I agree with the surgeon it was the best decision to make.
Disapointed yes. Had the I.V. in at the time and was ready to go. I was still calm but that is just another set back. Best choice is to make sure. I have a good surgeon.
67yrs old. ed for 8yrs. Implanted 5-29-2019

FreddyFree

Re: disapointed2 disapointed again

Postby FreddyFree » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:41 pm

Good decision. Infections are bad and not to be ignored.
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:45 pm

disapointed2 wrote:went in to have an implant. Doctors found an infection. Said he would be willing to do the implant BUT it raised the chances of infection and having to remove the implant because of infection if it happened. We discussed at length the problem.
Surgery was postponed. Trying to get into an other doctor to cure this infection. I am disapointed but agreed with the surgeon that I would not risk an infection right off the bat.
I am scheduled for implant again in March of 2019, and need to get this infection cleared up. I wasn,t aware that I had another type of infection. So, I will seek to get this cleared up. I agree with the surgeon it was the best decision to make.
Disapointed yes. Had the I.V. in at the time and was ready to go. I was still calm but that is just another set back. Best choice is to make sure. I have a good surgeon.

Sorry for your rotten luck but postponing was a smart decision.

Larry

disapointed2

Postby disapointed2 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:52 am

starting over. Have an appointment for Dec. 11. to find the cause of this skin infection. I am hopeful that this will not take long to clear up. Also found think I know the cause of the hives that were caused on the day of my missed surgery. I had a reaction to the antibiotics I began taking for an infection found in a sample that was given at pre op. Things can only get better from here. Some times it is hard to have faith in yourself and others.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:55 pm

Very good you are getting all this sorted now and glad you have a doctor that is interested in your well being. Cheers man. It's all for the better good.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

disapointed2

Postby disapointed2 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:53 am

next week I begin my journey all over again for an implant. Nov. 30 of 2018 after being hooked up to the I.V. the doctor came in looked me over and then talked to me about a possible infection with the skin on the testicles. Both of us agreed to postpone the surgery.
On March 29, 2019 My surgery will be scheduled all over again. I was calm, and collective the first time. Not real sure about this time wishing to avoid any more problems. I am not afraid of the surgery. However, like everyone who goes thru this am a little apprehensive not knowing what to truly expect. Please don,t tell me how much pain or bad results some one has had.
I have talked to a lot of people on F.T. and heard the good and the bad. I know the pain that goes with surgery. I have been encouraged by all who I have talked to. To those that I have talked with thank you. I have been to busy to worry about this any way. Next week is a new beginning. :shock: lol. May have to change my name from disapointed to .....?

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:05 pm

Best of luck this time. In a few weeks you won't remember the pain, you will be having to much fun with your new, working toy!
Andy
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:23 pm

disapointed2 wrote:...Next week is a new beginning. :shock: lol. May have to change my name from disapointed to .....?

may I suggest, "fulfilled"?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “General Discussion”