Taking matters into my own 'hand'

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Red Nighthawk

Taking matters into my own 'hand'

Postby Red Nighthawk » Sun May 02, 2010 8:35 am

I'm the guy who had RP by a great surgeon on Sept. 15th and whose surgeon did not recommend any kind of penis therapy. No pills, no pumps, no pricks, no nothing. Just nature. Well nature is taking too long for me and I have decided to follow the direction of members here and elsewhere and do something about the ED issue. I was supposed to have a 6-month appointment with the surgeon in March, which got cancelled by him. Then that new appointment for the middle of April was postponned to later in May. What can I say, he's a busy man. And I am an impatient man, so I started taking a half V (generic). I took the first two nights ago and I'll take one every other night and see what happens. My lovely wife and I played around a little, but little johnny didn't wake up quite enough to do the job, but he did show some signs of life and got probably 70% there. So that's improvement and I'll take it. I guess my next step would be to find a pump. I'll have to review the threads on that to find out how and where to buy. This is all weird stuff for me. The prick thing will wait, but I have read about how successful most guys are with it. Anyhow, that my little progress report. I am very grateful for a successful RP. No cancer and no incontinence are not small issues and the ED issue is just a small bother by comparison.

peace

regain-is-the-aim

Re: Taking matters into my own 'hand'

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Sun May 02, 2010 11:35 am

I would also suggest that you try a "Prelude". It is listed under Pumps although I don't really consider it one. It is easy to use and fasinating to watch. They are not expensive. I also like the fact that you don't have to shave. I have been very happy with mine and am seeing some progress. It, like everyhting else, is not a cure. It also, itself, does not provide enough "stiffness" for intercourse but it might, after a some time, enable you to get started- that alone could be fun and interesting. I consider it an additional tool.

I'm new to this site, a PCA victim, and still a bit shy with the topic so I hope this helps. I had talked with Paul about doing a general post on "Prelude" and I'll try to work up to that soon. We just need to remember it's a journey and too keep it fun and frequent.

Regards,
"Regain -is-the-Aim"
Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

Red Nighthawk

Postby Red Nighthawk » Sun May 02, 2010 12:16 pm

Hey Dick,
Thank you for the reply and the information about Prelude. I have no idea what it is, but I'll try to find out. Perhaps if you started a seperate tread would be useful.

Thanks again,

peace

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Tue May 04, 2010 10:02 pm

Hi Red. Was reading you post sounds like you are getting some movement in willie. Thats a great thing. As for as a pump is concerned. Denending on what you goal is. I have 2 pumps the $$ one from the Dr. office Erecaid by Osborn and I have the cheep pump that I use for therapy (not sex) is it the firemans pump. It is lighter and can be used in shower to to keep things looking like it did before surgery.

You can look them up. As I said it all depends on the use. If you want the pump for Sex you will been one that you can add ther rings to keep Mr Happy up.

If you have questions don't hesitate to ask.

Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

3mtrship

Postby 3mtrship » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:35 pm

Hi Guys I'm new to this board but I have a little good news for the ya.

Hold off buying a pump for a few weeks and lets see what happens to some things that are happening behind the scenes.

We will all know soon. In the mean time take a nice warm bath or shower and play with it.

Patience, Jim

Return to “General Discussion”