Relationship with no sex

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
AnotherOldMan

Re: Relationship with no sex

Postby AnotherOldMan » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:32 am

We've been sexless for almost 14 years.

Dave,
Think back 50+ years ago. Remember those delicious, available, horny, young ladies? How many would have liked to enter a long term sexless relationship? When you were 24 would you have settled for the same? How many young men of 24 would?
Married 50+ years. Use VED for sex and do
daily exercises with both water and vacuum pumps.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:23 pm

AnotherOldMan wrote:
We've been sexless for almost 14 years.

Dave,
Think back 50+ years ago. Remember those delicious, available, horny, young ladies? How many would have liked to enter a long term sexless relationship? When you were 24 would you have settled for the same? How many young men of 24 would?

My first wife would have been delighted to have a sexless relationship.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

David_R

Postby David_R » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:46 pm

dg_moore wrote:Neither of us has the slightest interest any more.

Then you both should feel fine about the situation, right?

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:52 pm

That's right. If there was magic button we could click to get it back we wouldn't bother. I recall reading a novel years ago in which the hero, a man of certain years like myself, observed how relieved he was that sex was over. That was a phase of my life, like lots of others, that I wouldn't care to revisit.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:05 am

dg_moore wrote:That's right. If there was magic button we could click to get it back we wouldn't bother. I recall reading a novel years ago in which the hero, a man of certain years like myself, observed how relieved he was that sex was over. That was a phase of my life, like lots of others, that I wouldn't care to revisit.

Good morning Dave;
I am struggling to understand. I can fully understand your circumstances now, after your stroke and somewhat given that you and your wife are no longer spring chickens. Also, because you have been married a very long time, you have come to love each other for far more reasons other than sex. I had a fairly bad sex life even back to when we were married but something happened to my wife and she is more interested in sex now than ever before... seriously, I am not complaining. Was sex EVER a very high priority for you and or your wife? If yes, is/was there a turning point when sex was no longer a priority? Any idea if your testosterone levels are normal? I must have had no balls because I was very hungry for sex back then and chose to stay with and faithful to my wife despite the fact that for years I would have been shocked with twice a month, although that's no longer the case. :)

Larry

AnotherOldMan

Postby AnotherOldMan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:41 am

Code: Select all

...for years I would have been shocked with twice a month,..

What changed? Was the change gradual? Before or after your implant?

something happened to my wife and she is more interested in sex now than ever before.

There is no way I can make that read like a complaint! :D
Married 50+ years. Use VED for sex and do
daily exercises with both water and vacuum pumps.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:59 am

dg_moore wrote:We've been sexless for almost 14 years. Our relationship is fine - we had a good sex life for several years (we married late), but it ended. Neither of us has the slightest interest any more.

Ya know, normally I would be sympathetic for you and you Mrs. but strangely, I'm not... because you still seem happy and enjoying life without sex. You and your wife have a great Christmas and a very Happy New Year. :)

Larry

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:07 am

Larry10625 wrote:
dg_moore wrote:That's right. If there was magic button we could click to get it back we wouldn't bother. I recall reading a novel years ago in which the hero, a man of certain years like myself, observed how relieved he was that sex was over. That was a phase of my life, like lots of others, that I wouldn't care to revisit.

Good morning Dave;
I am struggling to understand. I can fully understand your circumstances now, after your stroke and somewhat given that you and your wife are no longer spring chickens. Also, because you have been married a very long time, you have come to love each other for far more reasons other than sex. I had a fairly bad sex life even back to when we were married but something happened to my wife and she is more interested in sex now than ever before... seriously, I am not complaining. Was sex EVER a very high priority for you and or your wife? If yes, is/was there a turning point when sex was no longer a priority? Any idea if your testosterone levels are normal? I must have had no balls because I was very hungry for sex back then and chose to stay with and faithful to my wife despite the fact that for years I would have been shocked with twice a month, although that's no longer the case. :)

Larry

We married late (I was 50, she was 48) and with a blended family of 5 teens at home things were pretty chaotic. Not a lot of privacy, and sex was never a priority. My T was normal, and libido pretty good until the stroke. After that, everything went south. But like I say, our relationship is good and we like to be together but have no desire for intimacy.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:33 am

dg_moore wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:

Good morning Dave;

Larry

We married late (I was 50, she was 48) and with a blended family of 5 teens at home things were pretty chaotic. Not a lot of privacy, and sex was never a priority. My T was normal, and libido pretty good until the stroke. After that, everything went south. But like I say, our relationship is good and we like to be together but have no desire for intimacy.

Yeah, I see that you have been married 25 years (happy silver). By that time you would hope that a couple has a lot more things to talk about and live for. Merry Christmas Dave. :)

Larry

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:18 pm

Thanks! Same to you and yours!

Return to “General Discussion”