Painful Climax

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Happy Toy

Painful Climax

Postby Happy Toy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:46 pm

Not sure where to put this question so I'll start here :) . For years, long before my implant, when I have a strong climax, not ejaculation, but climax, it hurts like hell down my left leg. It is more pronounced when I masturbate then when having sex with my wife, but it is there then as well. I tried to Google this "question" but it talks more about painful ejaculation which is not my problem. When I edge, I can ejaculate without climaxing and have no pain at all. Anyone have any ideas or similar problem?
Andy
Last edited by Happy Toy on Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

Lost Sheep

Re: Painful Climax

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:12 pm

Just taking a wild guess, look up the mechanism for Sciatica.

Nerve pinch that sends a pain down your leg. I speculate that the muscle contractions involved in orgasm might exacerbate a slightly pinched nerve. Maybe not in the same place that the sciatic nerve is usually pinched, or maybe not even that particular nerve.

As I said, this is just a wild speculation. I don't know of any way to test the theory.

Good luck.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:29 am

Lost Sheep wrote:Just taking a wild guess, look up the mechanism for Sciatica.

Nerve pinch that sends a pain down your leg. I speculate that the muscle contractions involved in orgasm might exacerbate a slightly pinched nerve. Maybe not in the same place that the sciatic nerve is usually pinched, or maybe not even that particular nerve.

As I said, this is just a wild speculation. I don't know of any way to test the theory.

Good luck.

Thanks, I'll look into that.
Andy
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:39 am

Good luck.

That could be it but, I have my doubts. Because of my back injury, I suffer sciatica all day, every day since Jan 17, 2011. Sometimes I get what my doctor calls Acute Sciatica, which is sciatica that is much more intense at the moment. I have never had a sciatica attack that did not require medication. If Andy's goes away by itself, I doubt it is sciatica... I think you are on to something when you say nerve root pain though. :)

Larry

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:20 pm

Larry10625 wrote:

Good luck.

That could be it but, I have my doubts. Because of my back injury, I suffer sciatica all day, every day since Jan 17, 2011. Sometimes I get what my doctor calls Acute Sciatica, which is sciatica that is much more intense at the moment. I have never had a sciatica attack that did not require medication. If Andy's goes away by itself, I doubt it is sciatica... I think you are on to something when you say nerve root pain though. :)

Larry

I had sciatica that put me in the hospital for a month. But it eventually resolved to the point where I am asymptomatic much of the time.

Sometimes sciatica is intractable, as Larry10625's is. Sometimes it is treatable by surgery (spinal fusion, etc) or resolves by itself. I did a LOT of reading from the hospital library in 1983 and found out a lot about it. Including the fact that of the two treatments available to me at the time (surgery or bed rest) the outcome 5-10 years down the road is about the same. The surgery is quicker but carries risks (including putting more stress on the adjacent spinal areas) but outcomes being about the same, I elected to go with strengthening exercises, tension/traction (hanging upside down by my feet) and the application of time's passage.

Good luck to both of you.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

disapointed2

Postby disapointed2 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:04 pm

I have had 7 back surgeries. Pain was in testicles. It felt like 2 bricks clapped on my testicles. I have a problem with numbness and burning on inside thigh of left leg. I am not a doctor but I would strongley suggest that you see an othapedic doctor. It is no fun to be in pain. The symptoms sound familiar to me.
good luck.
67yrs old. ed for 8yrs. Implanted 5-29-2019

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:23 pm

The pain stops as soon as the climax subsides. The more intents the climax the more intents the pain, and it's only down the left leg, it is hard to describe, but it does take away some of the euphoria of the climax. That is the only time I have this or any other pain in that leg. :?: :?: :?: :?:
Andy

disapointed2

Postby disapointed2 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:01 am

Just a thought. while you are in the climax stage you may be making a movement that may be pinching a nerve that is causing your pain. Still worth having it checked out by an orthapedic doctor. I would doubt that the implant is causing the pain you were complaining about. Pain in the leg either left or right usually is something in the back from my experiences.
Good luck
67yrs old. ed for 8yrs. Implanted 5-29-2019

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:29 pm

Something else to consider, at your age, like most people, you've likely developed some spinal issues such as bulging discs or bone spurs. It's a sad fact of aging. Bulging discs I have make very specific activities cause pain sometimes due to a particular nerve root off the spinal cord being affected. An mri reveals these issues in great detail. So far, following a vehicle accident this past June, I've had two vertebrae fused in my neck. This has mostly alleviated the pain I felt when I laid my head down to sleep. I'm hoping the rod implant surgery I have coming up will fix the lower back problems. No problem with it when I try to sleep, but sitting up in my work stool painting signs is something I'm only able to tolerate a few hours at most. In my experience, specific activities can be affected while nothing else is! It certainly sucks that your particular activity is ejaculation. I know for me, that activity involves tensing my legs all the way down to curling my toes! Only a suggestion but something you might want to look into. I'm not a doctor, I've never played one on tv, only with Susie when I was a child. Therefore, I withdraw from consideration for the supreme court.
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:29 pm

DaveKell wrote:Something else to consider, at your age, like most people, you've likely developed some spinal issues such as bulging discs or bone spurs. It's a sad fact of aging. Bulging discs I have make very specific activities cause pain sometimes due to a particular nerve root off the spinal cord being affected. An mri reveals these issues in great detail. So far, following a vehicle accident this past June, I've had two vertebrae fused in my neck. This has mostly alleviated the pain I felt when I laid my head down to sleep. I'm hoping the rod implant surgery I have coming up will fix the lower back problems. No problem with it when I try to sleep, but sitting up in my work stool painting signs is something I'm only able to tolerate a few hours at most. In my experience, specific activities can be affected while nothing else is! It certainly sucks that your particular activity is ejaculation. I know for me, that activity involves tensing my legs all the way down to curling my toes! Only a suggestion but something you might want to look into. I'm not a doctor, I've never played one on tv, only with Susie when I was a child. Therefore, I withdraw from consideration for the supreme court.
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

Return to “General Discussion”