Advice on Opening Monologue

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
DaveKell

Advice on Opening Monologue

Postby DaveKell » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:14 pm

I tried this out on my wife who accompanies me to seminars and takes questions as well. Her thoughts are these comments would come off as "guy jokes" and she doesn't want me to use them. Interested in your opinions. Here's what I want to start out with:

"You know, in a public speaking situation it's the speaker who's supposed to be the one who is nervous. As I look out at all of you I'm sensing a great deal of apprehension about what I'm about to say concerning a part of my body you usually never speak about in public. Well, you can relax because I assure you, I'm going to hold back on waaaaay over half of what I'd LIKE to tell you about it!".

Thoughts?
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

radioradio

Re: Advice on Opening Monologue

Postby radioradio » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:29 pm

DaveKell wrote:I tried this out on my wife who accompanies me to seminars and takes questions as well. Her thoughts are these comments would come off as "guy jokes" and she doesn't want me to use them. Interested in your opinions. Here's what I want to start out with:

"You know, in a public speaking situation it's the speaker who's supposed to be the one who is nervous. As I look out at all of you I'm sensing a great deal of apprehension about what I'm about to say concerning a part of my body you usually never speak about in public. Well, you can relax because I assure you, I'm going to hold back on waaaaay over half of what I'd LIKE to tell you about it!".

Thoughts?

Hi Dave,

I don't see how that would come off as a "guy joke". (But, then again, I'm a guy ;) ) Seems totally appropriate to me.
Keep up the good work spreading the word, and kudos to your wife for being a part of your presentations.

Hope all is well.

Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

AnotherOldMan

Postby AnotherOldMan » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:01 pm

Her thoughts are these comments would come off as "guy jokes"

I would just say that in the past when my wife called me on a joke or a statement I made and I couldn't "see" what she did, 99.99% of the the time she was correct.
Married 50+ years. Use VED for sex and do
daily exercises with both water and vacuum pumps.

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:17 pm

DaveKell wrote: I'm going to hold back on waaaaay over half of what I'd LIKE to tell you about it!".

Thoughts?

Sounds like, by holding back information, you are possibly not going to answer all the concerns they have.

It is a well known fact that every man in the seminar is nervous about the situation. However, they are brave enough to actually show their faces to such a seminar.

Tell them how long you are going to speak for, and you will provide time at the end for questions.
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:57 pm

radioradio wrote:
DaveKell wrote:I tried this out on my wife who accompanies me to seminars and takes questions as well. Her thoughts are these comments would come off as "guy jokes" and she doesn't want me to use them. Interested in your opinions. Here's what I want to start out with:

Thoughts?

Hi Dave,

I don't see how that would come off as a "guy joke". (But, then again, I'm a guy ;) ) Seems totally appropriate to me.
Keep up the good work spreading the word, and kudos to your wife for being a part of your presentations.

Hope all is well.

Bob

I agree. :)

Larry

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:37 pm

Dave,
I don’t see any problem with the uncomfortable part, but I agree with Freddy that the othe part sounds like there is a lot of stuff you won’t address. The guys may feel like they aren’t hearing everything.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:53 pm

AnotherOldMan wrote:

I would just say that in the past when my wife called me on a joke or a statement I made and I couldn't "see" what she did, 99.99% of the the time she was correct.

I have the same situation with a wife who is usually right. Just ONCE I wish I could come out on top with her! After 39 years I can't remember when it's ever happened. Scrapping these comments from my seminar presentation.
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

AnotherOldMan

Postby AnotherOldMan » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:55 am

Dave,

Then I remember she chose to marry me and be my life companion. I came out way ahead on that one!
Married 50+ years. Use VED for sex and do
daily exercises with both water and vacuum pumps.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:42 pm

DaveKell wrote:
AnotherOldMan wrote:

I have the same situation with a wife who is usually right. Just ONCE I wish I could come out on top with her! After 39 years I can't remember when it's ever happened. Scrapping these comments from my seminar presentation.

Dave,
We’ve been married 39 years, also. I know I’ve been right a few times over the years, but now I can’t remember them :lol: .
Love her to pieces.
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Return to “General Discussion”