Vasectomy

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
drw1107

Vasectomy

Postby drw1107 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:41 am

I'm 47 and my wife is 45 - We're both still capable making a 5th little monster, but that's something we've been finished with for 10 years! I completely freaked out about the procedure in my early 30's because a 5th was something we (kind of) wanted at the time. One last "oops" baby would have been okay in our 30s, then we started watching our 3 girls/ 1 boy grow up - and we both said "oh hell no!" I have never been fixed, and now thinking it could make my ED worse. Seems many men start experiencing problems in their mid 40's, and wondering if a vasectomy contributes to it.

Bob1974

Re: Vasectomy

Postby Bob1974 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:12 am

I had ED long before I had my vasectomy and I can safely say it did NOT make it any worse. I'm in Florida and had it done by a doctor who travels all over the state doing them as that is all he does. He has billboards all over the state and I wouldn't be surprised if he has preformed over 10,000 of them and that's why I went with him as I knew he had plenty of experience. Very liberating to have it done and not worry about a pregnancy. Once it's done you can cum inside or better yet go 2 or 3 rounds without worrying. I think it's pretty hot to cum on my wife's bush or ass and then stick it back inside her(love it). Stop procrastinating and go get it done!
Age 47. Married in 2005. Tampa Bay Florida USA. Got ED 24 years ago from being paralyzed. Made a 90% recovery. See profile for more info...

drw1107

Postby drw1107 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:44 am

22 year old daughter is out of the house and will probably get married soon, 19 year old daughter still lives with us, but has been with one guy for many years and will probably also be married soon - I think she's pregnant, but she, her sisters and my wife refuse to tell me right now. I admit I will get upset the minute I find out, but I will also support my children 100% as long as I'm alive. I like both guys they're dating and I know they both will be good husbands. I think my 17 year old daughter wants to graduate from high school and join the military - she's my pretty princess, but also a smart/ tough/ athletic young lady. My 14 year old son is already taller than me, but I'm only 5'9 - I think he's going to be a tall man and a big ladies' man by Senior year. He talks about the girls he knows, and about what he wants to do with them - hormones are all kicking in at full force, and that's scary as hell for me as well!
Last edited by drw1107 on Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

happycamper59

Postby happycamper59 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:45 am

My ED started right after a vasectomy. I asked the uro who did the vasectomy about it, and of course he said that wouldn't do it.

Fast-forward nearly 20 years: My new uro (since a year ago) said it would not cause ED.

Coincidence? So the uros say. I still have it in my mind that the vas could have caused or increased a leak. But I don't even have proof of a leak; it just sounds to me the reason why I have had ED all these years.

That being said, I would encourage you to get a vas from a good uro. Four kids is enough!
ED for 25 years. Went through pills and currently injecting Trimix. Implant is now scheduled for June 3! :D

williamb

Postby williamb » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:51 am

drw1107 , I had a vasectomy at age 26 and had a very high and active sex drive / function until age 65 when Prostate cancer came calling. In my upper 50s and 60s it took a little more to be ready but no ED until prostate removal. Sensation the same, desire the same no issues from Vasectomy.
Dave
born 1949, Cancer 2014, 1st Implant AMS CX 18 + 3 RTE, Oct 2015 by a Houston Doctor. Left with loss of length, Floppy Glans and pain, a very poor job. Revision in Dec 2016 by Dr. Kramer, 21 + 3 1/2 RTEs, LGX, Regained length, Glans supported and no pain.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:43 pm

I got clipped when around 35. ED didn't start til well over 50.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

David_R

Postby David_R » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:53 pm

I got a vasectomy years ago, and it didn't effect my sex life at all (there was still semen, but no little tadpoles swimming around inside it afterwards). My E.D. didn't start till after my prostatectomy in 2000.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:35 pm

grandhaven wrote:My ED started right after a vasectomy. I asked the uro who did the vasectomy about it, and of course he said that wouldn't do it.

Fast-forward nearly 20 years: My new uro (since a year ago) said it would not cause ED.

Coincidence? So the uros say. I still have it in my mind that the vas could have caused or increased a leak. But I don't even have proof of a leak; it just sounds to me the reason why I have had ED all these years.

That being said, I would encourage you to get a vas from a good uro. Four kids is enough!

A quick look at the anatomy should reassure you that there could be no physical cause-effect linkage. The vas deferns (that carries the spern and is what gets cut, cauterized and clamped in a vasectomy) is nowhere near the erectile plumbing. The short-term trauma of the operation is minimal and, absent an infection, HIGHLY unlikely to have had any physical effect.

Now, a man knowing he cannot make a woman pregnant might have issues of confidence in his virility/potency. But I am not going to suggest that you do. I only pose the question for you to ponder.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

happycamper59

Postby happycamper59 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:23 am

Thanks, Lost Sheep. That is how it was (more briefly) explained to me. But the time frame coincidence is there. Maybe it began as psychological, but since became a leak.
ED for 25 years. Went through pills and currently injecting Trimix. Implant is now scheduled for June 3! :D

David_Webb

Postby David_Webb » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:33 am

I asked my surgeon to do the vasectomy during my implant and he declined saying he wanted to be in and out, and not working on two procedures. I am waiting until I’m a year out from my implant and will have him do the snip. He did recommended getting snipped by a surgeon familiar with implants now that I’m bionic.
New Hampshire, 42, Diagnosed with ED early 20’s. VL Left side, Implanted 7-9-18, Dr. Gross, Titan OTR, 22cm +1 RTE, Penoscrotal.

Return to “General Discussion”