complet newbie

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
rbig5000

complet newbie

Postby rbig5000 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:24 pm

I'm a complete newbie, and your answers will help me in making a decisions:

1. Will penile implants give you more or less the ability to have sex 24/7 ?

2. Can you have successive "sex acts" within several hours ?

3. Does having penile implants have any discomfort ? Wearing underwear, etc ?

4. In general, what price range will a three piece penile implant cost (just approximately) ?

texas johnny

Re: complet newbie

Postby texas johnny » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:09 pm

Have a AMS700MS since Aug 08. You can have intercourse anytime you feel like it. You can pump it up and leave it up for 24 hours if you care to. Noone will know if you have an implant. When deflated your penis looks normal but a little larger than before. Dont expect your penis to be larger. You have what you have and the implant is not going to give you more length. Please dont go into this thinking this is penis enlargement. You are going to have a penis that is ready whenever you are. It will be as hard as it was when you were 18. I am a prostate cancer survivor. Had surgery and ED was the result but I dont have cancer 10 years out am 68 now. I highly recomend the American Medical Systems product because I have one, but if incontinent problems come later AMS has the equipment to handle that problem as well. These folks know what they are doing and guarantee your implant for life. You will not regret getting the implant. Do your homework, talk to your Doc. Have you done pump,pills and injections? If so you are ready for an implant.
Any Questions? Texas Johnny

antelope

Postby antelope » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:47 pm

You've come to the right place for information. This is a great site and a wonderful group of guys.

I agree with TJ. Yes, it's important to try pills and injections--maybe pumps--before doing surgery. I think most urologists would agree. Tell us more about your situation when you feel like doing so and we can respond more appropriately.

Best wishes for hard times,

Greg from Baton Rouge
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

rbig5000

Postby rbig5000 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:43 pm

Just checking it out. I'll go to the doc and see what's what. He'll probably ask me to try several things.

I'm just checking to see what the "ultimate" solution would be.

Thanks for answers. Would appreciate two more questions:

A. Any discomfort?

B. General price range of the whole process. Need to know budget factors.

texas johnny

Postby texas johnny » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Stayed in hosp one night. No catheter. You will be black and blue in your scrotal area but each day will go away. I was sent home with pain med and took the first day or two. My implant was covered by medicare and my AARP supp policy.
I wore the supporter the hosp sent me home in the first week and I think it helped. I walked every few hours as much as I could stand within 5 to 6 days was getting around with no problem. I was very careful about lifting anything heavy. I dont remember the amount but that seemed to be Docs big concern when I went home.
Texas Johnny

hockey

Postby hockey » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:42 pm

rbig5000,
I am sure your doctor will preform some tests.
None are painful or even uncomfortable,
I have a malleable semi-ridged implant. That means I have hard wood 24/7.
My total cost was about $22,000. My out of pocket was about $600.00
I was in and out in about 5 hours.
My pain was very minor. I took a weeks vacation after my surgery. I really could have went back to work in about 2 or 3 days.
I had tried Pumps, Pills & injections all failed rather badly.
I'll also tell you my wife loves her new toy!
It really cured my depression. I can not say enough good things. I should have done this many years ago.
Good luck in your search. You can always go to the "Chatroom" and almost always find live guys to give you some help. NO QUESTION is dumb!
Please keep us posted on your progess!
67 yr's young. Loving wife and 4 children 7 grandchildren. Type II diabetic for 9 years. Could retire but love my job and the people I work for. Pills, Pumps & Injections all failed. Implanted on 9/2/11. I am now "Bionic":)

Return to “General Discussion”