Testosterone shots.

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Bionicrocketman

Testosterone shots.

Postby Bionicrocketman » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:39 pm

Hi to all. I've been on testosterone gel for over eleven years. 7 years with Testim and 4 years with Androgel. I preferred the Testim it seemed to work much better but the insurance moved everything to Androgel. Now the gel doesn't seem to be working as well as before. My Dr. wants to have me try the shots. Just interested if the guys using or have tried the shots was everything more positive than negative? I know that everyone is different but some of the stories I've heard in the past seem a little scary. Thanks for any info. Bionic Rocketman .
70yrs. Implant AMS LGX 18cm 4cm tips. 2-26-14. Implant installed because of fracture.

radioradio

Re: Testosterone shots.

Postby radioradio » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:13 pm

Bionicrocketman wrote:Hi to all. I've been on testosterone gel for over eleven years. 7 years with Testim and 4 years with Androgel. I preferred the Testim it seemed to work much better but the insurance moved everything to Androgel. Now the gel doesn't seem to be working as well as before. My Dr. wants to have me try the shots. Just interested if the guys using or have tried the shots was everything more positive than negative? I know that everyone is different but some of the stories I've heard in the past seem a little scary. Thanks for any info. Bionic Rocketman .

AndroGel works well for me, fortunately. About the shots -- I have seen 5 different uros in the past 2 years, and all of them at one time or another offered/recommended the shots. They are re-reimbursed for the injections as a procedure. They are not reimbursed for writing an Rx for Androgel. Just sayin'.

Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:48 pm

I've been injecting T weekly for years now.
My only problem is shrinking balls, but at my age, it's not a big deal.
They did increase my libido and seemed to give me more strength.
We monitor my PSA closely, and so far the doc isn't worried.
He claimed the shots don't cause Prostate cancer, but can feed it if you have it.

Filling the syringes is a bit of a pain, but, it beats paying $25 a pop at the doc's.
$60 is good for 6 months of weekly shots, and the needles and syringes don't cost much.
Screw insurance and Medicare.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

once a writer

Postby once a writer » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:25 pm

If you scroll down just a few lines, you'll find a lengthy thread that began with an April 11 post, "Is anyone here injecting testosterone?"

Lots of good contributions there — information you should find helpful.
Eugene, Oregon, USA. Born 1941. Married 1968. ED since mid-1990s. Began trimix January 2014. Dosage gradually increased over time. Added cock ring in 2016. After dosage reached 30 units, switched to quad mix in May 2018. On blood pressure meds.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:27 pm

radioradio wrote:
Bionicrocketman wrote:Hi to all. I've been on testosterone gel for over eleven years. 7 years with Testim and 4 years with Androgel. I preferred the Testim it seemed to work much better but the insurance moved everything to Androgel. Now the gel doesn't seem to be working as well as before. My Dr. wants to have me try the shots. Just interested if the guys using or have tried the shots was everything more positive than negative? I know that everyone is different but some of the stories I've heard in the past seem a little scary. Thanks for any info. Bionic Rocketman .

AndroGel works well for me, fortunately. About the shots -- I have seen 5 different uros in the past 2 years, and all of them at one time or another offered/recommended the shots. They are re-reimbursed for the injections as a procedure. They are not reimbursed for writing an Rx for Androgel. Just sayin'.

Bob

To clarify: All 5 uro's suggested Testopel -- the pellets that last a month that have to be injected (implanted) by a doc as a procedure.
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Bionicrocketman

Postby Bionicrocketman » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:41 pm

Hi again. After being on the testosterone gel for over 11 years my testicles have shrunk quite a bit. Does the shots shrink them more than the gel. My wife is in the medical field so the shots at home won't be a problem. I'm more worried about the spikes up and down. I felt I had more control with the gel but with the shots once injected you can't slow down the ride. Bionic Rocketman.
70yrs. Implant AMS LGX 18cm 4cm tips. 2-26-14. Implant installed because of fracture.

CTR5000

Postby CTR5000 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:50 am

Bionicrocketman wrote: I've been on testosterone gel for over eleven years. 7 years with Testim and 4 years with Androgel. I preferred the Testim it seemed to work much better but the insurance moved everything to Androgel. Now the gel doesn't seem to be working as well as before.

Hi Bionic...

First - I'd seriously have your doctor fight that insurance company's ruling! It's no surprise that one gel worked and another didn't. Testim and Androgel are NOT bioequivalents! Your insurance company hasn't merely directed one BRAND over another. They've told you that they want you to use an entirely different medication!

Second - I don't know how it works in other states regarding insurance companies making such decisions over your life and your healthcare. But I learned a crucial bit of information from a pharmacist 5 years ago. My insurance company had refused to allow a prescription for me. The pharmacist explained to me that when my doctor appeals it, the insurance company will most likely refuse it again. But after 3 official rejections to my doctor's appeals, they MUST allow the prescription to be filled!! And that's exactly what happened!

Next - Regarding testosterone injections compared to a gel. (I had been on Androgel then went to Testosterone Cypionate injections.) It's going to most likely be a different answer depending on each one of us. But as for me, I much prefer injecting. I feel I get much more benefit from injections. (Besides, Androgel was no longer being absorbed due to my subcutaneous fat diminishing.) As simple a thing as it sounds, I'd rather inject once every 2 weeks and be done with it til next injection, instead of applying gel daily. But most of all, my response to the injections is far better.

Hope this helps!
Colin

Bionicrocketman

Postby Bionicrocketman » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:29 pm

Thanks Colin it does help. The idea of one injection every two weeks sounds so much better than gel daily. I know everyone is different so I realize I could have a different response to testosterone shots than you. However you said you felt you had much more benefits from the shots. When you started the shots how long was it before you felt the benefits?

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:33 pm

Bionicrocketman wrote:Thanks Colin it does help. The idea of one injection every two weeks sounds so much better than gel daily. I know everyone is different so I realize I could have a different response to testosterone shots than you. However you said you felt you had much more benefits from the shots. When you started the shots how long was it before you felt the benefits?

I take Delatestryal 2.5cc once every three weeks... works AWESOME :)

Larry

Bionicrocketman

Postby Bionicrocketman » Tue May 01, 2018 1:48 am

Thanks for all the info guys. Keep it coming in. I suprised some of you have used the shots or years and say it's great. That's a pretty good testimony that it really works. I'm set up for a 12 week trial. Hope it works as well as it has for most of you. Thanks again for the help. Bionic Rocketman.

Return to “General Discussion”