PSA Test & Orgasm

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
tony04

PSA Test & Orgasm

Postby tony04 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:41 am

Yesterday I had just given blood for my 12 Month PSA test.after my radical prostatectomy
We have just remembered that the night before my wife & myself got a bit
carried away and I had a orgasm completely forgot about the PSA test the
next morning.

Will this if any have a result on my PSA test i feel so stupid why that night!!!!!
This a important test as it is my PSA test since I RP 12 Month ago.

padraig1001

Re: PSA Test & Orgasm

Postby padraig1001 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:46 am

I wouldn't have a clue as to the answer to your question, but I'd certainly guess it would have no effect. The purpose of this reply, however, is to give you a 'thumbs up' on your previous night's success! I haven't been that fortunate.

Pat

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:11 am

You no longer have a prostate so all the sex, orgasms and dry ejaculations will not affect your PSA test. Any PSA you could possibly find would be a result of malignant prostate cells that have spread. They are no longer part of a functioning prostate.
So, here's to a great PSA test. And Cheers to a great romp in the hay! Do it again to celebrate your good outcome!
Paul

barfinkl1

Postby barfinkl1 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:59 pm

Not sure...since you don't have a prostate anymore, it shouldn't raise your PSA. It's always likely if you're having a test done and have a prostate, though.

Did you mean to say this was your first PSA in twelve months after your RP? If so, that's WRONG. You should be tested every 3 months for the first year, at least. If your cancer were to recurr after the surgery, it would have had a whole year to grow. Hopefully, you mis-typed it.

Best of luck with your test.

Steve
Age 63 married 41 years...2 kids and 2 grandkids. Had robotic RP in Apr 2008. Negative PSA since then. Suffered ED initially from Type II diabetes and then the RP. Had AMS700 LGX implant on 7 Nov 11.

Return to “General Discussion”