Shorter after Surgery?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
still_crazy

Re: Shorter after Surgery?

Postby still_crazy » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:45 am

Yeah, I was shocked at the length I lost too. Could barely grab it to pee. My surgeon didn't mention it. She just said I wouldn't be able to get a natural erection. I started VED exercises about six weeks post op, going very easy at first, taking care not to rip the stitches in the urethra. I've continued to do them daily, and the exercises have helped quite a lot. Although still smaller than before when flaccid, I think my erect size is almost back to normal...that pump is your friend.
Age 66. RALP Jan-2023. Non-nerve sparing.
VED exercise most days, Trimix T-106 (30-1-25), 25 units.
Bending trauma around age 50, resulting in mild Peyronies.

Robert1204

Postby Robert1204 » Sat May 04, 2024 3:59 pm

I had nerve sparing robotic prostatectomy two years ago and no one explained the loss of length and girth. I learned about it on this site. I've lost 1.5 inch and since I was below average in that area prior to the surgery, I feel like I'm really at a disadvantage. I would like to get the implant, can that give me any growth?

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Sun May 05, 2024 12:59 pm

Get a VED and use it every day. That should help you get back some of what you lost.
If you get an implant, it would be great to have a good surgeon who can size you mildly aggressively.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

jpcp01628

Postby jpcp01628 » Sat May 18, 2024 9:01 am

Hello Everyone,
I too experienced significant shortening of my penis after RARP in Jun 2020. From what I have read, loss of penis length following prostatectomy is a pervasive condition that the medical profession has been disingenuous about. As mention previously in this thread, I have been dealing with "frightened turtle" penis since surgery. My "frightened turtle" is about 1 inch long; I was a normal 3.25 inches pre-surgery. I am 100% impotent so my penis is flaccid all the time. Restriction like underwear and just bending over in daily activity causes my penis to retract. I am circumcised, but it looks like am uncircumcised.

I have a pelvic floor physical therapist since 3 months post surgery. In addition to incontinence exercises in the early post surgery months. she has helped me develop a penis rehabilitation therapy plan to address my shortened penis. This plan includes pumping, penis pulling and masturbating. All these activities help keep my penis tissue exercised. It really is a "use it or lose it" proposition.

There is a great risk of Peyronie's disease which is something you DO NOT want. From what I've read and what my physical therapist tells me, Peyronie's can come on quickly and is stubborn to treat. It's in your best interest to do the exercises to prevent it from occurring. Penis rehabilitation therapy is an ongoing activity for me.

I am lucky to have found a knowledgeable, engaged physical therapy to help me. I will likely be under her care for a long time. Although my urologist is an excellent doctor and surgeon, I was not advised of a shortened penis as a post surgery outcome.

Good Luck,
JP

Return to “General Discussion”