TEMPORARY Tactra Malleable Cylinder Implant

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
fourkeys

TEMPORARY Tactra Malleable Cylinder Implant

Postby fourkeys » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:57 pm

After 4 years I experienced urethra erosion and infection of a Coloplast Titan Touch that led to complete removal of all three implant components. I had the option of going without any implant or electing to have a temporary SINGLE Tactra malleable cylinder implanted. Tactra cyclinders are intended for placement as a pair of matched cylinders but my surgeon indicated that it was OK to do so. After 4-6 months of healing I could elect to have either a second cylinder implanted or have the one removed and go back to a 3 piece Coloplast or other implant.

Has anyone had an experience where a single malleable cylinder was implanted and what was the result of doing so?

easymoney

Re: TEMPORARY Tactra Malleable Cylinder Implant

Postby easymoney » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:14 pm

Was your implant "over sized" to cause the erosion? Same Dr. doing the revision?

fourkeys

Postby fourkeys » Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:25 pm

I had first Coloplast inflatable implant in 2013 in NC. That mechanically failed in 2020 and I had another Coloplast inflatable in FL. It was slightly larger which may have been why it failed in 2023 due to urethra erosion. That's when the recent second partial revision by a different FL doctor was done with a SINGLE Boston Scientific Tactra malleable. For about 4 months prior I was increasingly having urinary problems without any thought by myself or my urologist that the erosion process may have been the source of the problem. Since having the latest revision my urinary problems have gone completely away. A miracle or erosion? I have a follow-up appointment next week to ask that question and to get an understanding of how a single malleable implant should work during the urethra healing process and the next decision is made (full malleable or inflatable). I still wish someone on this website could give me their own insight.

TwoStep

Postby TwoStep » Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:22 pm

fourkeys wrote:I had first Coloplast inflatable implant in 2013 in NC. That mechanically failed in 2020 and I had another Coloplast inflatable in FL. It was slightly larger which may have been why it failed in 2023 due to urethra erosion. That's when the recent second partial revision by a different FL doctor was done with a SINGLE Boston Scientific Tactra malleable. For about 4 months prior I was increasingly having urinary problems without any thought by myself or my urologist that the erosion process may have been the source of the problem. Since having the latest revision my urinary problems have gone completely away. A miracle or erosion? I have a follow-up appointment next week to ask that question and to get an understanding of how a single malleable implant should work during the urethra healing process and the next decision is made (full malleable or inflatable). I still wish someone on this website could give me their own insight.

Are you able to do something to keep the side without an implant in good shape? To keep the tube from collapsing I mean. Can you use a vacuum device for this?

fourkeys

Postby fourkeys » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:20 pm

EASYMONEY: First implant (NC) was one size and the second one by different doctor (FL) was larger since he thought I would be more satisfied with the added girth (not that I had any complaint with the first one). Given the shorter period of time to failure with the second implant I suspect that it may have been the larger size that led to the erosion. The current doctor (also FL) that removed the 3-piece Coloplast didn't offer an opinion whether the larger size was the cause or not. If I decide to do another 3-piece after the healing period I'll be interested in seeing what the current doctor recommends doing (Coloplast versus AMS and sizing especially considering possible scarring). The current doctor is one that is mentioned 98 times on this forum and has the best possible reputation. PM me and I'll give you his name.

Return to “General Discussion”