Bypass Surgey to Correct ED?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
kuliox

Bypass Surgey to Correct ED?

Postby kuliox » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:16 pm

i got 2 questions:

1) has anyone here had a bypass surgery to cure their ED?

2) i'm 42 and am very healthy. do u think that i'm a good candidate for such a surgery?

bob1138

Re: Bypass Surgey to Correct ED?

Postby bob1138 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:57 pm

I would suggest making an appointment with a Urologist who specializes in the treatment of male sexual dysfunction and
having the appropriate tests to determine what is causing your ED problem.
Hope this helps.

Bob

dlltns

Postby dlltns » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:58 pm

Kuliox,
Great question. I can tell you my experience and what I know about it.
I had the Rouen Y gastric bypass in September of 2008. I weighed 330, had type II diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and ED. My diabetes went away, my high blood pressure went away, my high cholesterol went away and my ED reduced somewhat, but did not go completely away, and I believe the surgery saved my life. As high as 85% of gastric bypass patients with Type II diabetes are cured of it. It’s nothing short of a miracle.
My urologist explained that if your ED is caused by reduced blood flow to the penis due to arteriosclerosis due the high cholesterol, then the arterial damage is done and is basically irreversible. Gastric bypass will not change or cure that.
Bob1138 is right, in my opinion. You should use your urologist to diagnose and treat your ED. You should consult a bariatrician for your bypass questions, including its effects on ED, but I wouldn’t consider the bypass primarily for ED at all.
If you have any other questions about gastric bypass, just ask, OR if you wish, send me a PM.
Good luck.
dlltns

kuliox

Postby kuliox » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:40 am

dlltns wrote:Kuliox,
Great question. I can tell you my experience and what I know about it.
I had the Rouen Y gastric bypass in September of 2008. I weighed 330, had type II diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and ED. My diabetes went away, my high blood pressure went away, my high cholesterol went away and my ED reduced somewhat, but did not go completely away, and I believe the surgery saved my life. As high as 85% of gastric bypass patients with Type II diabetes are cured of it. It’s nothing short of a miracle.
My urologist explained that if your ED is caused by reduced blood flow to the penis due to arteriosclerosis due the high cholesterol, then the arterial damage is done and is basically irreversible. Gastric bypass will not change or cure that.
Bob1138 is right, in my opinion. You should use your urologist to diagnose and treat your ED. You should consult a bariatrician for your bypass questions, including its effects on ED, but I wouldn’t consider the bypass primarily for ED at all.
If you have any other questions about gastric bypass, just ask, OR if you wish, send me a PM.
Good luck.

ok appreciate the reply.. but we're not talking about the same "bypass" surgery. the bypass surgery youre talking about is for the heart, i'm assuming. the bypass surgery i'm referring to is SPECIFIC to urology in ED patients where a vein is borrowed and attached to the main vein feeding blood into the penis.

i dont have diabetes. i think we're not exactly on the same page but in the same book so to speak.

ventura

Postby ventura » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:20 pm

I do not know if what i am going to mention is the same thing. But on Web Site WEBMD there is a video talking about Nerves being transfered from a Mans Calf into his Penis area. The Man who had this done said it worked wonders for him. Maybe Paul knows more imfo about this.
Inplanted 12-28-21 USC Doctor Loh-Doyle AMS700 with MS Pump

kuliox

Postby kuliox » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:15 pm

ventura wrote:I do not know if what i am going to mention is the same thing. But on Web Site WEBMD there is a video talking about Nerves being transfered from a Mans Calf into his Penis area. The Man who had this done said it worked wonders for him. Maybe Paul knows more imfo about this.

hi ventura.. can u please post a link to this video? i'd appreciate it.

ventura

Postby ventura » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:02 pm

Go to WEBMD and type in the section about, keeping your sex life after Prostate Cancer, a video will appear

kuliox

Postby kuliox » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:15 pm

ventura wrote:Go to WEBMD and type in the section about, keeping your sex life after Prostate Cancer, a video will appear

hi ventura.. i got a video that says, "Sex After Prostate Surgery".. but the video wont play. does it play on your end?

ventura

Postby ventura » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:21 pm

The other day it did not play either. Stay with it. It will come on.

kuliox

Postby kuliox » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:19 am

ventura wrote:The other day it did not play either. Stay with it. It will come on.

thanks

Return to “General Discussion”