How many pumps?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Boatman678

How many pumps?

Postby Boatman678 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:01 pm

I was fitted with an AMS 700cx 5 weeks ago. I get about 6 good pumps out of it and then the bulb is impossible to squeeze. And during those first 6 pumps the bulb won’t squeeze on some of the squeezes. Am I doing something wrong. Was wondering if I might be pushing the deflate button by accident while inflating. And about how many pumps is about max? Also, will the CX tubes stretch the penis in length? As things do stretch over time will I get more pumps. The bulb keeps wanting to pop out of my grasp while squeezing also. Any tips on this. Thanks.

SteveSW

Re: How many pumps?

Postby SteveSW » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:42 pm

Boatman678 wrote:I was fitted with an AMS 700cx 5 weeks ago. I get about 6 good pumps out of it and then the bulb is impossible to squeeze. And during those first 6 pumps the bulb won’t squeeze on some of the squeezes. Am I doing something wrong. Was wondering if I might be pushing the deflate button by accident while inflating. And about how many pumps is about max? Also, will the CX tubes stretch the penis in length? As things do stretch over time will I get more pumps. The bulb keeps wanting to pop out of my grasp while squeezing also. Any tips on this. Thanks.

I have the same implant and I'm almost 4 months out. There is definitely a learning curve to using the pump. New pumps are hard and stiff. With those 6 pumps are you fully inflated? I learned with my pump early on, that if I took a few seconds rest between pumps it seemed to worked better. After you think you are at max inflate, come back in a few minutes and see if you can force more saline into the cylinders. I always can get 3 or 4 more pumps in after I've been hard for a while.

I steady the pump by holding at the base of the deflate block, where the tubes come out and pump with my thumb and forefinger of my other hand. It doesn't take long to learn how to prevent the bulb from popping out of your fingers because it f'n hurts. Just keep using it and the bulb with fairly quickly soften and become much easier to use. Mine feels very soft and easy to use compared to the first few days.

Keep at it, you will get there!
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

KenJ1947

Postby KenJ1947 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:53 pm

Sort of glad to hear SteveSW that I'm not the only one to hear that it f'n hurts when the bulb slips out of your hand. It's like the fingernails really dig in when that happens. I've had to keep my nails really short, especially on the edges of my fingers.

I recommend your method. I've been doing that for a couple of weeks. I'm almost 9 weeks post op.
Married 50+ years, 75, ED for 10 years.

Dr Mark Allen, Plano, TX. Surgery at Baylor, Scott and White Frisco, TX. AMS 700 CX MS, 24 cm + 2 cm RTEs x 2.4 cm tubes, 100 ml reservoir.

4 grandkids (son 25, daughter 23, son 21, daughter 7).

Boatman678

Postby Boatman678 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:17 pm

Not sure what to expect as far as being fully inflated. The tubes are hard at 6 pumps. I guess I am not sure as to if they are supposed to stretch further. If the tubes are hard, is that all you get? I was kind of thinking that the reason to pump up for a half hour per day was to stretch penis to gain length. Maybe I am mistaken. As far as grabbing the bulb while pumping, I have to be careful to not pinch something tender between my fingers and the pump while holding. Has intercosrse 2 times since implant. Can not orgasm. Penis too numb in the right spots to get there. Was told this will get better. Will try the tips you guys give. Thanks for the advise.

SteveSW

Postby SteveSW » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:33 pm

As my surgeon told me before the surgery, during my decision making process, that the CX might help some with length, but primarily with increasing girth over time. He thinks I might gain half an inch length eventually. If 6 pumps makes your dick as stiff as a steel pipe, then you are fully inflated. That's how you know it's working. As for size gains, ease of use, sensation, it all takes time. Months in some cases. Patience is your friend.
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

boots1959

Postby boots1959 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:17 pm

Boatman678 wrote:Not sure what to expect as far as being fully inflated. The tubes are hard at 6 pumps. I guess I am not sure as to if they are supposed to stretch further. If the tubes are hard, is that all you get? I was kind of thinking that the reason to pump up for a half hour per day was to stretch penis to gain length. Maybe I am mistaken. As far as grabbing the bulb while pumping, I have to be careful to not pinch something tender between my fingers and the pump while holding. Has intercosrse 2 times since implant. Can not orgasm. Penis too numb in the right spots to get there. Was told this will get better. Will try the tips you guys give. Thanks for the advise.

I was activated at 5 weeks. Initial cycling gave a limited number of pumps, certainly no more than 10, and also a rock hard erection. There was also a degree of pain at that level of inflation. Now I can easily get 40 or 50 pumps or more, however the early full compressions of the pump progressively become smaller compressions from around the 15 pump mark. The cylinders can be hard, but you will get the ability to pump more over time, along with a softening of the pump bulb.
Pumping for 30 minutes a day is to help regain lost length and girth as the case may be.
I hold the tubes at the base of the pump block and squeeze the bulb between my thumb and the side of my forefinger (not the tip of the finger); I find this helps avoiding the bulb slipping out of my grip.
I could not orgasm when first having sex and have found it difficult in the first couple of months, there was some pain initially with sex. Now things have improved a great deal and orgasm is happening more often than not.
Boots.
Implanted AMS 700 lgx, Jan 15th 2021. 18cm with 3cm rte.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:36 pm

My doc said to squeeze between the center of the bulb and the block. Also hold the block in place by grasping the tubes right at the block. squeeze with first joint of thumb against 3rd segment of the index finger is how I was taught. 25 pumps is enough for sex. 30-35 is rock hard and starts to get painful quickly. New bulb was rather hard
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

KenJ1947

Postby KenJ1947 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:33 am

oldbeek wrote:My doc said to squeeze between the center of the bulb and the block. Also hold the block in place by grasping the tubes right at the block. squeeze with first joint of thumb against 3rd segment of the index finger is how I was taught. 25 pumps is enough for sex. 30-35 is rock hard and starts to get painful quickly. New bulb was rather hard

I'm almost 11 weeks post op. My pump is much "softer", however, using oldbeek's method, I pumped at least 60 times yesterday (full squeezes on the pump) and didn't feel a stretch, pain. I'm wearing a jockstrap to hold my dick up. I feel great at first, but after a couple of hours, it only becomes uncomfortable. I have a CX (24 cm, 2 cm RTEs) and the standard 100 ml (?) reservoir. Am I missing something in the process?
Married 50+ years, 75, ED for 10 years.

Dr Mark Allen, Plano, TX. Surgery at Baylor, Scott and White Frisco, TX. AMS 700 CX MS, 24 cm + 2 cm RTEs x 2.4 cm tubes, 100 ml reservoir.

4 grandkids (son 25, daughter 23, son 21, daughter 7).

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:45 pm

Ken,,,Your implant is only about twice the size of mine and I can get 35 squeezes in to get rock hard. I assume yours is going to take around 80 pumps. That is a lot of scrotum compressions to erect that monster.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:02 pm

Boatman,, What size was installed?? It all gets much better with time. Relax. You didn't make mistake. I was 3 months before I could get a vaginal orgasim. I had an artificial Urinary spintcher installed also last august. For some reason I still have tenderness in my scrotal skin. Dam it hurts to pump. But maybe if I leave it alone for a few weeks the pain will go away. NOT<< that aint happening. 2 pumps + 2 nuts + a sack of marbles. LOL. PS there is an implant section on this board for specific implant help. Also you need to fill out your signature which appears at the bottom of your post. Heal well, Buddy

Return to “General Discussion”