testosterone implants

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
regguy1967

testosterone implants

Postby regguy1967 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:38 pm

I am switching from androgel to testopel implants I was just wondering what to expect after the first implant. I am on a high dose of androgel my Uro says the switch will work better for me. I was just wondering if any other low T guys have made the switch and what they think about it.
Thanks Bill.
50 YRS old Have had ED since 2005 started TRT in 2006 have used androgel, fortesta gels, aveed injections, and testapel implants testapel works the best so far. oral meds never really worked for ED used trimix with mixed results.

bluis6214

Re: testosterone implants

Postby bluis6214 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:07 pm

Have only used Testopel so can't compare with anything else. I think its great...takes about five minutes to insert the pellets my doc starts with 14 and adjusts based on t level after 4 weeks and 12 weeks. I have stayed at 12 pellets since that keeps my t level at around 750 which I feel great at. Because of storm Sandy there's a back log of Testopel so I may be on Testim for the next month.
55 years old. ED since 2002 total venous leakage after penile fracture. Tried all the pills and injections all failed to help. Some success with VED, but felt too unnatural to both of us, seldom used. Implanted 06/21/12. Trying to wear IT out.

regguy1967

Postby regguy1967 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:09 am

Thanks I am running into a back log too gonna be about 3 weeks before my first implant.
50 YRS old Have had ED since 2005 started TRT in 2006 have used androgel, fortesta gels, aveed injections, and testapel implants testapel works the best so far. oral meds never really worked for ED used trimix with mixed results.

sa4956

Postby sa4956 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:39 pm

The testosterone pellets are great; I had been using the testosterone injections 200mg/ml every two weeks. The pellets elminates the up and downs of the injections(stays at a good even level). The pellets are a bit pricey. The pellets cost with ins 450 to 500 dollars for each implant. The procedure is not to bad with alittle lidocaine to your backside and MD places the pellets in. I went to work the second time I was implanted; however once the lidocaine wears off you do feel some discomfort. I would suggest if you are on any ASA or any other type blood thinners to stop at least 3 days prior. I stopped a week before this time as I had a huge hematoma from the first implant. The implants for me last around four months. The cost for a year is 1500 dollars while the testosterone injections are pretty cheap in comparison.
The pellets in my opinion help with the libido and energy levels much better than the injections. I too have noticed some improvement in my erection function 30% with stimulation and use much less injection medication with the pellets. I injected 8 units of bimix without the pellets need only 4 units with. I guess there is some monetary savings if you take that into consideration. I trust this helps.

regguy1967

Postby regguy1967 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:15 pm

Thanks SA your reply helps a lot like I said my Uro is very high on the implants he feels you get the best advantages from both injections and gels in one med its good to here from users they are happy with them. again thank you for your reply!

imhungguy

Postby imhungguy » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:46 am

Glad I hit on these posts today, guys. Asked my uro just yesterday about Andrgel - I used it several years ago with very positive effects, but discontinued because of cost. Doc talked about the pellets instead and said that Medicare would pay for them but not for Androgel. The trouble is that my T-level has never been below 500 and it must be below 350 for insurance to cover. If it remains fairly high I think I will go ahead and pay whatever it costs. Due to taking Flomax, my ejac is non-existent which I HATE. Discontinuing Flomax today, will take a test run in a few days and see what happens - copious ropes, I hope. lol. Maybe adding pellet treatment will help also?

antelope

Postby antelope » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:48 pm

I had the same adverse side effect--retrograde ejaculations--from Flomax, along with stuffy nose and leg cramps. Doc switched me to Cardura--now evacuating bladder fine and no side effects. Ask the uro for alternate meds. Cardura is not the only one. Caveat: Cardura is also prescribed for high bloo dpressure. If your already taking meds for hypertension, consult with your cardiologist or endocrinologist. My cardio simply lowered dose of blood pressure meds to "make room" for the cardura. Now everybody's happy--at least for now.

FYI, it took about a week for the Flomax to get out of my system after i stopped taking it.

G
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

padreest

Postby padreest » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:40 pm

I just re-started Cardura after stopping for a few years. Flomax doesn't do a good job anyway. I think sensation is returning also. Ron

Return to “General Discussion”