Venous Leak

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
EdwardC

Venous Leak

Postby EdwardC » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:51 am

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with a venous leak a few months ago.

For anyone who has genuine knowledge of the condition or anyone who has it, would you be able to tell me whether the leak/s typically worsen with time and age or whether they generally stay the same. Or, is each case individual whereby some get worse, some stay the same or some even improve.

Thanks in advance

Edward

dtwarren1942

Re: Venous Leak

Postby dtwarren1942 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:19 pm

EdwardC wrote:Hi everyone,

Or, is each case individual whereby some get worse, some stay the same or some even improve.

Edward

I believe each case is different. You would need to know the cause.

I suspected I had a venous leak, but never had it tested. In any case, Trimix has improved my condition and I find that an Osbon tension band has allowed me to overcome my problem.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

bluis6214

Postby bluis6214 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:54 pm

Back when I fractured my penis I knew something was not working the way it used to... It got worse continually worse until I could not even get an erection much less maintain one. My urologist back then wasn't very forthcoming, and I was basically ignorant about ED. Then I came across my current uro. He not only had me try all the different avenues, but did all the tests to narrow down the cause of my ED. When he told me I had venous leakage we tried VED, but I had to use such a tight ring that it was too uncomfortable. When we tried injections they didn't work without a very tight ring. Again beyond uncomfortable. He told me venous leak is irreversible...and that it was like trying to fill a balloon that was open on both ends. so we went with an IPP. Seems to have been our best choice ;)
I say go with what works best for you. Surgey was my last and final option to end ten years of ED. Work with your urologist... Learn as much about ED. as you can. I hear there are some new surgical techniques that might help with some leaks.
Good luck.
55 years old. ED since 2002 total venous leakage after penile fracture. Tried all the pills and injections all failed to help. Some success with VED, but felt too unnatural to both of us, seldom used. Implanted 06/21/12. Trying to wear IT out.

danny1553

Postby danny1553 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:27 am

My condition gradually was getting worse over time. At teen age it was compensated by hyper sexuality but with the time the full erection time was getting shorter and shorter. Now 20 years later my full erection lasts just few seconds.
I am waiting for the implant surgery as nothing else seems to improve it. I'm sorry for being a messenger of not so promising news... :roll:
P.S. I believe my case is genetic so for this matter along with the implant I am going to get vasectomy as a measure of biological responsibility.

Trying Hard

Postby Trying Hard » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:32 pm

I´m a big fan of Kegel exercises. Do some research, do a lot of Kegels
and see if your condition improoves.
Good luck!

merlin

Postby merlin » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:36 am

EDWARD C - The term venous leakge is actually a misnomer - this condition was studied in the early eighties. A slightly invasive diagnostic test was developed in Boston and known as the DICC (Dynamic Infusion Cavernosometry/Cavernosography) We developed this study to determine the extent of what we knew was happening within the rather extensive venous system in the penis. Turns out the veins are doing just what their supposed to do....and that is drain blood out of the penis and back into general circulation. Now, what we did find was the culprit was the trabecular smooth muscle within both erectile barrels. If the smooth muscle does not have the elasticity
to engorge fully (like a sponge absorbing water) then the blood exits prematurely back into your general circulation. Several operative procedure were developed to deal with this "leakage" problem all to no avail. Now, we also learned that there are men with minor league leakage and some with major league leakage. What causes leakage? we know trauma can induce it and ofcourse diabetes as well. Smoking almost certainly is involved as well as other vascular risk factors. HOPE THIS HELPS - merlin

merlin

Postby merlin » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:39 am

Trying hard - While Kegal exercises may strengthen your urinary sphincter for better urinary control, it has nothing to do with the erectile process. sorry merlin :)

danny1553

Postby danny1553 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:40 am

merlin wrote:Trying hard - While Kegal exercises may strengthen your urinary sphincter for better urinary control, it has nothing to do with the erectile process. sorry merlin :)

There are studies showing improvement of the premature ejaculation problem when doing kegels.
However indeed I've never seen any reports of ED improvements with Kegel exercise.
There is a price to pay though for Kegel exercises. Clenching and releasing your Kegel muscles causes anal muscles to act too. Which can cause your hemorrhoid condition to get worse if you are having one. That is unlikely to be threatening but is really annoying :D

Trying Hard

Postby Trying Hard » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:29 pm

See if you can finf this paper:
"Randomised controlled trial of pelvic floor muscle exercises and manometric biofeedback for erectile dysfunction"
Grace Dorey, PhD, FCSP, Consultant Physiotherapist
The Somerset Nuffield Hospital, Taunton

and this one:

"Pelvic Floor Involvement in Male and Female Sexual Dysfunction and the role of Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation in Treatment:
A Literature Review."
Talli Yesuda Rosenbaum, BS, PT

Return to “General Discussion”