Onset of Old Man's Disease

One of the most misdiagnosed issues in medicine! This baffling and frustrating condition can create physical and emotion destruction. There is hope! It is VERY treatable. We will set you on the right track.
KenJ1947

Onset of Old Man's Disease

Postby KenJ1947 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:11 pm

I didn't know just where to post this, so here goes.

Two years back, I had a dribbling issue. An additional year before, I started using kegels as part of an attempt to "cure" ED. They didn't work for me for ED, but I did them for several months. After giving up on them for ED, based on a book on prostate issues, I started them again when dribbling started. Dribbling went away.

This year dribbling became worse. I've started kegels again, but after a month, they weren't working this time. BTW, I'm 75 and implanted (1 1/2 years ago). I went to my doc and sort of expected a prostate check (I'm not at all against having it checked). No check. Last time I had it checked, my implant doc basically said I had no swelling at all. Now, given the severe symptoms, I expected the doc to check for BPH but he just wanted to start me on Flomax!

No more meds! I looked up solutions for an enlarged prostate. Other than meds, I found some info about prostate massage. Since my wife won't do it, I looked into prostate massagers. Has anyone used one to resolve BPH issues? Any recommendations? Thanks for any info about it.
Married 50+ years, 75, ED for 10 years.

Dr Mark Allen, Plano, TX. Surgery at Baylor, Scott and White Frisco, TX. AMS 700 CX MS, 24 cm + 2 cm RTEs x 2.4 cm tubes, 100 ml reservoir.

4 grandkids (son 25, daughter 23, son 21, daughter 7).

KenJ1947

Re: Onset of Old Man's Disease

Postby KenJ1947 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:50 pm

KenJ1947 wrote:I didn't know just where to post this, so here goes.

Two years back, I had a dribbling issue. An additional year before, I started using kegels as part of an attempt to "cure" ED. They didn't work for me for ED, but I did them for several months. After giving up on them for ED, based on a book on prostate issues, I started them again when dribbling started. Dribbling went away.

This year dribbling became worse. I've started kegels again, but after a month, they weren't working this time. BTW, I'm 75 and implanted (1 1/2 years ago). I went to my doc and sort of expected a prostate check (I'm not at all against having it checked). No check. Last time I had it checked, my implant doc basically said I had no swelling at all. Now, given the severe symptoms, I expected the doc to check for BPH but he just wanted to start me on Flomax!

No more meds! I looked up solutions for an enlarged prostate. Other than meds, I found some info about prostate massage. Since my wife won't do it, I looked into prostate massagers. Has anyone used one to resolve BPH issues? Any recommendations? Thanks for any info about it.

Bump.
Married 50+ years, 75, ED for 10 years.

Dr Mark Allen, Plano, TX. Surgery at Baylor, Scott and White Frisco, TX. AMS 700 CX MS, 24 cm + 2 cm RTEs x 2.4 cm tubes, 100 ml reservoir.

4 grandkids (son 25, daughter 23, son 21, daughter 7).

Anonymous FT Member

Postby Anonymous FT Member » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:02 pm

Do you use a lot of caffeine? I have heard that it can make your bladder spasm. Maybe there's something like that going on. Within 1 1/2 years I wouldn't think your prostate would suddenly swell, but I'm not an expert.

I am 40 and barely know anything about my own prostate. I don't even think I fully understand the exact location or what it is supposed to feel like. That being said there are many prostate massagers out there on the market. The Aneros company seems to have the most devices dedicated to prostate massage. The problem I see with them is the fact they have so many different types and styles. To me this makes it difficult to know which one to choose. I suppose they would like for people to buy them all, but that is not economical to me. High Island Health is tied in with Aneros and is more geared toward prostate health purposes. You might check out both sites and compare the product offerings on each site and see the similarities. I think a basic or traditional device would be best for you starting out or with no experience. The hard material is easy to clean and smooth. Right now I currently have the odd shaped massager from High Island Health. It's okay and maybe massages a drop of prostatic fluid.

I also sometimes take pygeum as a prostate supplement and try to drink a lot of water. I also like caffeine free pepsi if I can get it.

Martin6469

Postby Martin6469 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:11 pm

BPH wakes a guy in the middle of the night to pee because the enlarging prostate pushes against the bladder, reducing its volume. ConsumerLab.com says that beta-sitosterol is good for BPH. I used saw palmetto for years to lessen this problem and was happy with it, but the beta works a little better, I think. After a year on it I see no side effects.
Age 78 in 2023. On testosterone replacement due to hypothalamus malfunction. (Attention depressed guys: low testosterone is a cause.) Healthy health nut but ED due to getting old. Like to keep enough cardiovascular ability to thrust for 30 min.

Return to “Hard Flaccid/Chronic Prostatitis/Pelvic Floor Dysfunction”