Overactive corpus cavernosum: a novel cause of erectile dysfunction

One of the most misdiagnosed issues in medicine! This baffling and frustrating condition can create physical and emotion destruction. There is hope! It is VERY treatable. We will set you on the right track.
Pumpingvictum

Overactive corpus cavernosum: a novel cause of erectile dysfunction

Postby Pumpingvictum » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:06 pm

Our recording of the electromyographic (EMG) activity of the corpus cavernosum (CC) in 59 patients with erectile dysfunction (ED) revealed 18 patients who had elevated electric activity, which presumably points to heightened tone of the CC smooth muscles. We investigated the hypothesis that this elevated EMG activity and muscular tone of the CC could be the cause of ED. The study comprised the said 18 subjects with the hypertonic CC muscles as study group (42.6 +/- 5.3 SD years), 15 healthy volunteers (41.8 +/- 5.1 SD years) and 15 patients (41.6 +/- 5.5 SD years) with ED who had not recorded elevated tone of the CC muscles as control group. The EMG activity was registered in the flaccid, erectile and detumescent phases by two electrodes inserted into the CC. Electrocavernosography (ECG) of healthy volunteers recorded in the flaccid phase showed regular slow waves (SW) and random action potentials (APs). The wave variables declined significantly in the erection phase (P < 0.01). In the study group, the SW variables in the flaccid phase increased significantly (P < 0.05) compared with the healthy volunteers and the rhythm was irregular. Erection did not occur with sildenafil but with intracavernosal injection of papaverine, which led to decline of the SW variables (P < 0.05). The control ED group exhibited in the flaccid phase diminished SW variables (P < 0.05) compared with the healthy volunteers. On erection with sildenafil administration, the SW variables showed significant reduction (P < 0.05). CC hypertonicity or 'overactive CC' was identified as a possible cause of ED. An elevated EMG activity of the CC muscle fibres in the flaccid phase presumably denotes hypertonicity of these fibres and their failure to relax to effect erection. The cause of elevated CCEMG activity and presumed muscle hypertonicity is unknown and could be functional or organic. Erection was produced by intracavernosus injection of papaverine and not by sildenafil. This condition of 'overactive CC' should be considered in the diagnosis of ED. However, further studies in the pathogenesis of the condition are warranted
I damaged my peins 2012 by enlargment exersise by home made penis pump. 2 penile doppler with normal result and 1 cavernosography with normal result.

Pumpingvictum

Re: Overactive corpus cavernosum: a novel cause of erectile dysfunction

Postby Pumpingvictum » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:07 pm

If i measure my peins by emg can found that is hypertonic but can be cured by nofap?
I damaged my peins 2012 by enlargment exersise by home made penis pump. 2 penile doppler with normal result and 1 cavernosography with normal result.

Anonymous FT Member

Re: Overactive corpus cavernosum: a novel cause of erectile dysfunction

Postby Anonymous FT Member » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:23 pm

Pumpingvictum wrote:Our recording of the electromyographic (EMG) activity of the corpus cavernosum (CC) in 59 patients with erectile dysfunction (ED) revealed 18 patients who had elevated electric activity, which presumably points to heightened tone of the CC smooth muscles. We investigated the hypothesis that this elevated EMG activity and muscular tone of the CC could be the cause of ED. The study comprised the said 18 subjects with the hypertonic CC muscles as study group (42.6 +/- 5.3 SD years), 15 healthy volunteers (41.8 +/- 5.1 SD years) and 15 patients (41.6 +/- 5.5 SD years) with ED who had not recorded elevated tone of the CC muscles as control group. The EMG activity was registered in the flaccid, erectile and detumescent phases by two electrodes inserted into the CC. Electrocavernosography (ECG) of healthy volunteers recorded in the flaccid phase showed regular slow waves (SW) and random action potentials (APs). The wave variables declined significantly in the erection phase (P < 0.01). In the study group, the SW variables in the flaccid phase increased significantly (P < 0.05) compared with the healthy volunteers and the rhythm was irregular. Erection did not occur with sildenafil but with intracavernosal injection of papaverine, which led to decline of the SW variables (P < 0.05). The control ED group exhibited in the flaccid phase diminished SW variables (P < 0.05) compared with the healthy volunteers. On erection with sildenafil administration, the SW variables showed significant reduction (P < 0.05). CC hypertonicity or 'overactive CC' was identified as a possible cause of ED. An elevated EMG activity of the CC muscle fibres in the flaccid phase presumably denotes hypertonicity of these fibres and their failure to relax to effect erection. The cause of elevated CCEMG activity and presumed muscle hypertonicity is unknown and could be functional or organic. Erection was produced by intracavernosus injection of papaverine and not by sildenafil. This condition of 'overactive CC' should be considered in the diagnosis of ED. However, further studies in the pathogenesis of the condition are warranted

Where did you read this study? It is interesting, but I can't imagine electrodes being "inserted" into the corpus cavernosum. I would think that alone could cause some sort of damage or false readings. I don't think the penis is supposed to be cut, stabbed or jabbed. Any internal intervention would have to be considered an injury. I figure that is why for me all my urologists have never recommended anything. If the penis works ANY at all I think they are reluctant to do something that might cause further injury.

Return to “Hard Flaccid/Chronic Prostatitis/Pelvic Floor Dysfunction”