HF and VED's

One of the most misdiagnosed issues in medicine! This baffling and frustrating condition can create physical and emotion destruction. There is hope! It is VERY treatable. We will set you on the right track.
AllHailTed
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:23 am

HF and VED's

Postby AllHailTed » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:42 am

VED's are used by many on here prior to implantation in order to restore or retain size, and to loosen up the tissues to make the implantation procedure easier for doctors. I feel like using a VED would be tricky with HF, as the smooth muscle of the corpora cavernosa are tightly contracted in HF, and would resist the expansion the VED is meant to induce.

I have Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction, and more recently HF. I can still get good erections for now but I feel an implant may well be in my future.

Is it possible to use the VED in a slightly unconventional way, by getting yourself hard via e.g. manual stimulation, and then sliding the VED on and use it to maintain an erection that way? It would be a shame if/when I decide to go the implant route to not be able to use a VED pre-op due to HF.
29 years old. ED caused by CPPS/HF-like symptoms since coming off antidepressants in 2012. Taking Cialis 5mg every other day and undergoing pelvic floor physiotherapy.

TwoStep
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:22 pm

Re: HF and VED's

Postby TwoStep » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:57 am

AllHailTed wrote:I feel like using a VED would be tricky with HF, as the smooth muscle of the corpora cavernosa are tightly contracted in HF, and would resist the expansion the VED is meant to induce.

I can confirm that this is the case. Have you tried it? I found this very disappointing as it means that not even VED+tension ring would be able to work as a salvage therapy if pills become insufficient.

Is it possible to use the VED in a slightly unconventional way, by getting yourself hard via e.g. manual stimulation, and then sliding the VED on and use it to maintain an erection that way?

I’ve tried this and it’s sort of possible but a very tedious process. Also it’s hard to tell whether the corpora stay filled with blood when in the tube or whether the thickness is all due to swelling of the skin.

AllHailTed
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:23 am

Re: HF and VED's

Postby AllHailTed » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:09 am

TwoStep wrote:
AllHailTed wrote:I feel like using a VED would be tricky with HF, as the smooth muscle of the corpora cavernosa are tightly contracted in HF, and would resist the expansion the VED is meant to induce.

I can confirm that this is the case. Have you tried it? I found this very disappointing as it means that not even VED+tension ring would be able to work as a salvage therapy if pills become insufficient.

Is it possible to use the VED in a slightly unconventional way, by getting yourself hard via e.g. manual stimulation, and then sliding the VED on and use it to maintain an erection that way?

I’ve tried this and it’s sort of possible but a very tedious process. Also it’s hard to tell whether the corpora stay filled with blood when in the tube or whether the thickness is all due to swelling of the skin.


I haven't tried a VED before, no. I think I would only consider using one pre and post-implant for the benefits it provides, not as an ED treatment.
29 years old. ED caused by CPPS/HF-like symptoms since coming off antidepressants in 2012. Taking Cialis 5mg every other day and undergoing pelvic floor physiotherapy.

Endoftheline
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:49 pm

Re: HF and VED's

Postby Endoftheline » Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:50 am

AllHailTed wrote:VED's are used by many on here prior to implantation in order to restore or retain size, and to loosen up the tissues to make the implantation procedure easier for doctors. I feel like using a VED would be tricky with HF, as the smooth muscle of the corpora cavernosa are tightly contracted in HF, and would resist the expansion the VED is meant to induce.

I have Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction, and more recently HF. I can still get good erections for now but I feel an implant may well be in my future.

Is it possible to use the VED in a slightly unconventional way, by getting yourself hard via e.g. manual stimulation, and then sliding the VED on and use it to maintain an erection that way? It would be a shame if/when I decide to go the implant route to not be able to use a VED pre-op due to HF.


If I'm not aroused in the VED I'm more than an inch shorter than a normal erection. I can literally feel the muscles resist the pull of the VED so you're right. The only way I can do it is slipping it on while fully erect. (Be CAREFUL and only pump to maintain that erection, going more Is going to feel uncomfortable)
29 years old and suffered from ED for over 16 years
I had hard flaccid (Potentially Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction) , turned to long flaccid after priaprism incident.
implanted June 24 2022
24 cm XL Titan
L: 5.7 G: 5.0 (no arousal)
L:6.5 G:5.3 (aroused)

AllHailTed
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:23 am

Re: HF and VED's

Postby AllHailTed » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:18 am

Endoftheline wrote:
AllHailTed wrote:VED's are used by many on here prior to implantation in order to restore or retain size, and to loosen up the tissues to make the implantation procedure easier for doctors. I feel like using a VED would be tricky with HF, as the smooth muscle of the corpora cavernosa are tightly contracted in HF, and would resist the expansion the VED is meant to induce.

I have Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction, and more recently HF. I can still get good erections for now but I feel an implant may well be in my future.

Is it possible to use the VED in a slightly unconventional way, by getting yourself hard via e.g. manual stimulation, and then sliding the VED on and use it to maintain an erection that way? It would be a shame if/when I decide to go the implant route to not be able to use a VED pre-op due to HF.


If I'm not aroused in the VED I'm more than an inch shorter than a normal erection. I can literally feel the muscles resist the pull of the VED so you're right. The only way I can do it is slipping it on while fully erect. (Be CAREFUL and only pump to maintain that erection, going more Is going to feel uncomfortable)


Interesting, I thought this might happen with HF. So in your case (Long Flaccid) the corpora cavernosa are still in a contracted/hard state?

I think as long as you get erect before using the VED my guess would be you are still reaping the benefits of pre-implant VED.
29 years old. ED caused by CPPS/HF-like symptoms since coming off antidepressants in 2012. Taking Cialis 5mg every other day and undergoing pelvic floor physiotherapy.

Stfl1397
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:36 am

Re: HF and VED's

Postby Stfl1397 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:44 pm

I tried the pump after having this injury since I am sure it was not the pump but the edging, I held on for a long time to ejaculate so as not to lose my gains, my glans deflated and those symptoms of hf appeared a day sgt I did not have any erection like I used to have it before, an erection in the morning and well, all the symptoms that we already know of hf. I think that if your member is made of meat, the pump would not change anything, but for those of us who have a blood penis, if the pump works, it is what my make-up used to do. lesion since I had a thicker and more meaty flaccid state but my nervous sensations did not end

Shemzw
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon May 29, 2023 9:39 pm

Re: HF and VED's

Postby Shemzw » Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:30 pm

Anymore insight into this?

User avatar
bldoink
Posts: 3734
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:58 am
Location: Fl.

Re: HF and VED's

Postby bldoink » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:20 pm

l don't have HF. However, I've always had difficulty using a VED if using it just for therapy with no arousal. My difficulty is that without arousal, even while under vacuum, my penis is very slow to respond. It's like there are valves that are shut that refuse to open and let blood in. My solution is to use erotic thoughts and possibly images to get aroused. With arousal I'm then able to pump up with the VED easily. You guys might want to try adding arousal to the VED therapy program.
R.R.P 2011 Mayo Jacksonville, Dr. M. Wehle. Nerve sparing - damaged. C in margin. Radiation 2023, V.E.D, Viagra and PGE-1 (80mcg/ml) injections @ ~ 14 units. Originally Edex20, then compounded PGE-1 - cost. Inject. 12 yrs. It works. Treasure coast of FL.


Return to “Hard Flaccid/Chronic Prostatitis/Pelvic Floor Dysfunction”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest