Anorgasmia (Failure to achieve orgasm)

If it takes too long to climax and it is causing a problem for you or your partner, welcome to this section.
Forum rules
Please be respectful!
CTR5000

Re: Anorgasmia (Failure to achieve orgasm)

Postby CTR5000 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:39 am

60s_surfer wrote:One of the drugs I have tried for my problems with delayed ejaculation was buproprion (wellbutrin). I found that 37 mg taken in the morning made me hyper until about 2 PM; after that, I crashed. I would like to know whether I am unusually sensitive to this drug. I would appreciate knowing what dose others have used.

I broke my own promise of never allowing any doctor other than a psychopharmacologist or neuropsychopharmacologist to prescribe any psyche drugs for me. A general practitioner put me on 300 mgs of Wellbutrin, and I felt nothing after 18 months. My Neuropsychopharmacologist heard this and was IRATE that any doctor would let me go 18 months without any results. So, he decided to see if Wellbutrin would ever work for me... and he wanted to find out quickly, not wasting anymore of my time. He put me on antiseizure drugs saying, "Without these, you WILL seize where we're going!" And we started up'ing the Wellbutrin toward 6000 mgs. It was at 3000 mgs that I began to feel "drugged" and that proved what he needed to know... Wellbutrin was NEVER going to work for me ever.

seeking info

Postby seeking info » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:47 am

I just got prescribed welbutrin for lack of orgasm. I only take on days of sex..my dosage is only 75mgs. First encounter after starting the medicine...got close but could not jump...2nd encounter...it snuck up on me quickly and I had my DNA all over my wife and me....3rd time...all was well...now things look good. So thank you Paul for this info!!
Seeking info aka Scott
Medically retired. Due to very bad back issues..multiple surgeries. Implanted pain infusion system on long term opiodal meds; hypogonadism and hypothyroid as a side effect from intrathecal pain infusion system. Use low dose generic V

Stew52

Postby Stew52 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:32 pm

Posted this statement in another thread on injections of alprostadil: " I find alprostadil burns whether in Caverject, in a vial (I have some 60 mcg/ml vials), or in Tri-Mix. I have found that papavarine and phentolamine does not burn me (I have tested then separately and together at a theraputic dose). The PGE1 burn can be so bad that if I use it more than once a week, which I have for good stretches at 2-3 times a week, I get anorgasmia. We just went 11 days due to a trip and travel and I popped off just fine."
NOT an MD. 71, M51 yrs, CenTX US. Inj since 12/2016, a yr after pills stopped working. Caverject for a yr. 1/2018 Tri-Mix at 30 pap/2 phent/60 pge @0.3ml, now 0.5ml 80mcg/ml PGE1. DE/Anorgasmia setting in since 5/2019, worse now.

shaman

Postby shaman » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:22 pm

I had this issue since I started with Trimix, first implant and revision. I currently taking 2 Flomax for BPH, which may be the main reason I have trouble with orgasm.

I also vote for a section on this topic.
Thank you
Mario
Implanted August, 2015 - AMS LGX. -
Revision April 24, 2017 by Dr Carrion - University of South Florida (USF)
Titan 22cm + 1.5 Rear Tip Extender

Stew52

Postby Stew52 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:12 pm

I posted elsewhere on anorgasmia: I had been on Levaquin antibiotic for a month and could not buy an orgasm/ejaculation for a million bucks. I suspect it may contribute to ED with a lack of feeling/sensation to maintain the erection. Peripheral neuropathy? And if so, nerve damage takes a long time to rejuvenate if at all. SO many drugs cause sexual dysfunction and few correlations have been made.

Admin - anorgasasmia threads to a new folder??
NOT an MD. 71, M51 yrs, CenTX US. Inj since 12/2016, a yr after pills stopped working. Caverject for a yr. 1/2018 Tri-Mix at 30 pap/2 phent/60 pge @0.3ml, now 0.5ml 80mcg/ml PGE1. DE/Anorgasmia setting in since 5/2019, worse now.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:11 am

seeking info wrote:I just got prescribed welbutrin for lack of orgasm. I only take on days of sex..my dosage is only 75mgs. First encounter after starting the medicine...got close but could not jump...2nd encounter...it snuck up on me quickly and I had my DNA all over my wife and me....3rd time...all was well...now things look good. So thank you Paul for this info!!
Seeking info aka Scott

How do you know if it's going to be a "sex day" :)

Larry

David_R

Postby David_R » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:32 am

seeking info wrote:I just got prescribed welbutrin for lack of orgasm.

When my doctor changed me from another antidepressant which caused anorgasmia to Wellbutrin, orgasms became normal again. :)

Stew52

Postby Stew52 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:46 pm

I was on Paxil for a short while and could not buy an orgasm. Beat the dog out of my wife trying. A friend was on a generic A-Fib drug (amnyoterol) for a long time and slowly developed debilitating PN; he was falling down. He finally associated it with the drug and stopped taking it at his cardiologists approval and it is slowly reversing. So many drugs, so many mysteries, and they vary with different people if you read the reviews. It's an ED minefield IMO.

Stew52

Postby Stew52 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:28 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
Stew52 wrote:Moderator - a 3rd here. "And, with the growth of injections, implants in older guys now, and longer longevity, is this becoming a bigger issue such that it deserves a separate folder (since PE has one)?"

I will pass this on to the site Admin. :)

Larry

A lot of guys would like this folder added and the related threads moved into it, similar to Premature Ejaculation. Can you provide a status please. Thanks in advance. B

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:42 am

If we get enough conversations on this topic, we will certainly create a separate forum for it.
At this time, we are not seeing quite enough interest.
It certainly is a very real problem and one that one out of four men struggle with.
If we see postings about Delayed Ejaculation several days a week, we will create a forum.
If men think they want this, perhaps they can respond here. We need more than a handful of men.
The premature ejaculation section is underused, frankly.

Paul

Return to “Delayed Ejaculation (Anorgasmia)”