Anal sex/infection issue

Most times, ED is ED. But sometimes, concerns are going to be different.
Midwest Guy 333

Re: Anal sex/infection issue

Postby Midwest Guy 333 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:03 pm

I had my 6 week post op with Dr a couple days ago. I asked him if I would be more susceptible to infection now. (Read previous post about getting a terrible infection last summer which I KNOW was from unprotected anal with several guys.

My Dr. said that there is not evidence that infections increase after having implant surgery. That's all fine and well, but this boy is wrapping up anyway from now on.
Implanted 1/17/24 Dr. Clavell, Houston Medical Center Titan XL 24 cm, classic pump, 20 years ED, pills did nothing, injections for 10 years, 64, very fit, 8.2 x 6.2 pre-surgery ;)

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:15 pm

Midwest Guy 333 wrote:I had my 6 week post op with Dr a couple days ago. I asked him if I would be more susceptible to infection now. (Read previous post about getting a terrible infection last summer which I KNOW was from unprotected anal with several guys.

My Dr. said that there is not evidence that infections increase after having implant surgery. That's all fine and well, but this boy is wrapping up anyway from now on.

Infection up the urethra and infection through the skin are very different.

Having an implant should not affect either very much, though, unless you count the duration of exposure. An unimplanted man might have exposure (at least, as a top) for a limited time or number of times in a day. An implanted man by virtue of the implant's durable rigidity can be exposed to others' anal canals for virtually unlimited lengths of time with many more partners too.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Rodsmen

Postby Rodsmen » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:43 pm

Midwest Guy 333 wrote:I had my 6 week post op with Dr a couple days ago. I asked him if I would be more susceptible to infection now. (Read previous post about getting a terrible infection last summer which I KNOW was from unprotected anal with several guys.

I suggest talking with your doctor about DoxyPreP. In addition to normal HIV PreP, DoxyPreP works for most other STIs. It isn't totally effect as is HIV PreP, but I haven't had any STIs since I started on it daily, and that was hundreds and hundreds of men ago.
67 yrs. gay married 30 years, open relationship. Dr. Jesse Mills UCLA 11/29/23. OEM 7-1/2" x 7". Pumped 8" x 7-1/2" 16 weeks 7-7/8" (20cm) x 6-1/2" (16.5cm) girth. See Rodsmen's Journal for photos or DM.

Return to “ED and Gay men”