Congential Penis Curve / Prostate Cancer / Now Peyronies

Most times, ED is ED. But sometimes, concerns are going to be different.
JayJongsma

Congential Penis Curve / Prostate Cancer / Now Peyronies

Postby JayJongsma » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:14 pm

I was born with a congential curve in my penis (I believe it is commonly called Chordee) where the curve is caused by unequal lengths in the corpora cavernosa. I struggled with this (what I called) deformity for the first 30 years of my life until I was tired of being what I thought was a freak. The plication surgery they do for peyronies is the same solution for Chordee. At that point I was willing to do "anything" to have the doctors put Humpty Dumpty together which they did.

Fast forward to 2 years ago when I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Now, the correction for the Chordee took away a bit over an inch of length, then the prostate cancer surgery tool another inch. Because of both the surgery and radiation treatments that were necessary, my chances to regain the ability to have an erection "naturally" or with pills is next to nothing.

The lack of blood flow or other complications has now created a new curvature due to peyronies disease - which I literally had nightmares that this condition would come back to haunt me - and it did. So, now they can do a second plication surgery taking yet more of my penis' length, or I am simply to live with it. To say I am depressed is an understatement. I am very sad most days, bury myself in work, then head to bed once my work day is over. I no longer exercise, eat well, or really care about living. I've even made a bargain with myself that if the cancer returns, I will accept no further treatments to extend my life.

My primary Urologist referred me to another doctor in his practice and then I was referred to another doctor outside their practice. This latest doctor is of the opinion that I won't be happy with any outcome and now has insisted that I seek help from a sex therapist. This process has been mentally exhausting in and of itself to the point where I am in dire straights and sometimes have suicide idelation. I'm on a maximum dosage of two different anti-depressants and right now I am just saying and doing things that I know will get me through the day and that is about it.

The therapist I have initially seen, suggested I engage with this site and see if any information or materials available here may empower me some. But, I am so very angry at everything right now, that it is extremely difficult to even write this message. So, that is my story.

Thanks,

JayJongsma

silver daddy 1960

Re: Congential Penis Curve / Prostate Cancer / Now Peyronies

Postby silver daddy 1960 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:33 pm

Hi Jay,

Welcome to Frank Talk. This is the best site to openly discuss your issues and have honest feed back in a safe environment. Welcome aboard! I encourage you to read past posts and take some time to chat and PM (private message). Your not alone and we are here for each other. PM me if you'd like. Also add a couple lines in your signature. Like where are you from? age? When did you have your operations it helps guys get conversations going.

I wish you only the best
Silver
63 yrs old, NYC, DR. Eid Titan Coloplast Dec 10, 2021

vajim1

Postby vajim1 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:51 am

Hi jay, I had a lot of your problems also. I had a curve to my dick that could make sex hurt at times (back when I could easily get an erection) and later in life I started having my psa start increasing and my urologist finally did a biopsy and yup I have cancer. He took out my prostate and after several months my psa was climbing, so I started radiation treatments. After all this I went through all the steps to get an erection, pills ved and cock ring and injections. Nothing including shots and ved with cock ring would make it work. I finally convinced my wife that an implant was what I needed. It was mentally draining not to be able to have sex (intercourse) with her. Now she loves it and I can keep going as long as she wants. LOL
If you would please post more about you like age and where you are.
76 year old fart. Prostate removed Oct. 9, 2017,Psa 30 days after .15 next Psa .2. 37 Radiation treatments for recurrent cancer, 1 year out Psa .033 ZERO ERECTIONS, implanted Sept 5 2019 Dr. Lentz Duke Raleigh N.C. Titan 22cm.

Flavio

Postby Flavio » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:19 am

JayJongsma wrote:I was born with a congential curve in my penis (I believe it is commonly called Chordee) where the curve is caused by unequal lengths in the corpora cavernosa. [...]

Thank you for sharing your story!

My penis bends a little bit to the left and I don't like it. I don't think it's PD because it's not painful and there are no lumps or plaque. Maybe it's some minor lesion or fibrosis, I don't know. I don't think it's congenital, it wasn't always like this.

I had never heard of Chordee or unequal lengths in the corpora cavernosa, I'll check that out. Thanks for the info.

Your case is fascinating, you went through a lot and I admire your courage. Coming to FT was the right thing to do.

I wish you all the best but I'm afraid I can't help you much, I know very little of penile curvature. Even though I suffer from this condition, I never had the guts to look for medical help, let alone surgery. I will probably do some tests soon and try to clarify the origin of this. The problem is I live in a remote island (Madeira) and good urologists are hard to find here.

If you live in the United States, you are blessed with the greatest urologists in the world: Arnold Melman, Tom F. Lue, Peter Stahl and many others. I would look for a second or third opinion, if I were you.

Here's another excellent forum on Peyronie's Disease and ED:

https://www.peyroniesforum.net/

https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.ph ... 258.0.html
Age 40. Psychogenic ED for over 20 years. Current regimen: Udenafil 200 mg, oral phentolamine mesylate 40 mg, Seredyn.

teddythehost

Postby teddythehost » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:54 pm

Hi. I’m so sorry to hear all that. I also have a congenital curvature... but I have venous leak, and am planning on getting an implant. Anyways, have you ever heard about “Egydio’s Technique”? It basically elongates your penis to straighten it, instead of making it shorter:

“The method equals the elasticity of penile tissues based on geometric principles to elongate and reach the largest possible size and diameter up to the maximum limit of nerves, vessels and the urethra. This brings greater satisfaction to the patients, as it is rare for men to cope well with penile shrinkage, since other techniques propose to match the tissues based on the reduction of the penis shaft.”

Paulo Egydio is the name of a urologist from Brazil. He is very famous for creating this new technique. Read more about it here: https://www.google.com.br/amp/s/blog.dr ... s_amp=true

I live here in Brazil and have already seen him, and now I’m seeing a doctor called Marco Túlio, and he performs the same surgery. I posted a new thread a couple days ago on the implant discussion board, feel free to read about my story! viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16250

Also, here’s Marco Tulio’s website: https://www.drmarcotuliourologista.com.br/

Maybe try finding a doctor who performs this kind of technique to fix your problem. Or maybe come to Brazil for an appointment with Paulo Egydio or Marco.

Return to “ED and Gay men”