New Pump

Most times, ED is ED. But sometimes, concerns are going to be different.
fnrldir07

New Pump

Postby fnrldir07 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:02 pm

Ok I went to the doctor today and was told my pump malfunctioned. This is the 3rd time since 2013. I had it installed then and then I had to have a revision 6 months later and now doc said pump actually broke. He wants to implant the AMS and take out the Coloplasy I have. What are your thoughts on both pumps?

Cajun Jeff

Re: New Pump

Postby Cajun Jeff » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:56 pm

One of the Dr that I went to when trying to decide who was going to do my surgery told me that he as quit using the Titan because of problems with the pump. There might be something to that. I dont know just what he told me. I did decide to go to a different Dr and 3 weeks ago today I got and AMS LGX installed. I am very happy at this point.

Sure hope they can get your problem sorted out.
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

fnrldir07

Re: New Pump

Postby fnrldir07 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:09 pm

yes the new AMS he recommended but he says they can do the Coloplast but they have ordered them with the old pump so they don’t have as many issues. The new AMS has a quick release valve where it deflated itself. But the new AMS provides up to 25% back of lost length and does provide some girth which I don’t need it’s the length I want back. I have to call him tomorrow and let him know which one I want. I wished I would have never had the surgery in the first place and just dealt with the erection issues.

Return to “ED and Gay men”