Dr. Ralf Herwig claims that he cures Venous Leak

Posting in this forum is just for young members (under 40).
Seeking

Re: Dr. Ralf Herwig claims that he cures Venous Leak

Postby Seeking » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:45 pm

Well, by your account there razor I don't really think we could have asked for anything better - at least you know the surgeons did their best job possible. Now we just wait for the results.

Do keep us posted on whether any changes observed are quick or more gradual, any other information at all would be appreciated.

Question: was there a screen up whilst this procedure was done? Were you looking at what was going on? Also, any discomfort afterwards or any different sensations at all?

razor1

Postby razor1 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:37 pm

Hi Seeking,

There was X-Ray screens they had which they could see through the operation. Once they had put the cannula in place, they rolled the operation bed a bit so my pelvic area was directly under the X-Ray. However my full body including head was covered by a large surgical cloth with just on open area around my groin where they were operating, so I was unable to see anything.

Last night I got some swelling and bruising on my penis and at the top of the scrotum around the base. I have confirmed with Dr Kuehhas that this is normal and should disappear in a week or so. I have a bandage stuck over the cut still, and this should come off in another day or so. There is apparently smaller surgical tapes over the sutures which should stay on till they fall off. The suture are meant to dissolve in a few weeks.

There was some minor pain as the anesthetic wore off, and some discomfort afterwards. Just need to be careful to not bump it or exercise too much till it heals
45yr old, ED for 20ys in one form or another
Implanted by Dr Eid on 22.02.18 - titan 22cm (left no RTE, right 1cm RTE)
Happy with recovery so far

venousleak1990born

Postby venousleak1990born » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:43 am

Hello Razor1

I am looking forward to hear good outcome from you.

i am 25 years old and had ED my whole life because of VL. I had venous ligation surgery but it didnt work at all.

my last option is implant or Sclerotherapy.
Implanted with Coloplast Genesis MALLEABLE on Jan 2024.
I have had venous leakage.
I didnt like the side effects of PDE5 inhibitors.
So far, I am very happy with the Coloplast Genesis.
I am from Türkiye.

Echegollen

Postby Echegollen » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:31 pm

dg_moore wrote:
If you need an implant, get it. Waiting will not improve anything. The longer you wait, the more frustration you'll endure. If, like me, you wait too long it may be too late.

I still want to wait 2-3 years in case a new treatment would come out... Who knows, maybe this sclerotherapy treatment will work.

Why do you say it was too late for you to get an implant?
I'm 39 years old. Never was able to maintain my erections for more than 1 minute. Pills don't work. Had sclerotherapy by Dr. Kuehhas in Austria in 2016. Didn't work. Injections (Caverject) are the only things that gave me acceptable results.

Echegollen

Postby Echegollen » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:33 pm

Thank you so much Razor1 for sharing this! I love you man!
I'm 39 years old. Never was able to maintain my erections for more than 1 minute. Pills don't work. Had sclerotherapy by Dr. Kuehhas in Austria in 2016. Didn't work. Injections (Caverject) are the only things that gave me acceptable results.

Seeking

Postby Seeking » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:38 am

Razor - when you're ready, could we just get a progress update on how you're doing? After enduring this on Wednesday I'd like to take a stroll round Vienna and at least get a bit of enjoyment out of what will be quite an expensive holiday ;) Is this feasible after the op or are things mighty delicate down there?

Any other info you could provide would be great buddy.

Thanks alot.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:14 am

Echegollen wrote:
dg_moore wrote:
If you need an implant, get it. Waiting will not improve anything. The longer you wait, the more frustration you'll endure. If, like me, you wait too long it may be too late.

I still want to wait 2-3 years in case a new treatment would come out... Who knows, maybe this sclerotherapy treatment will work.

Why do you say it was too late for you to get an implant?

My wife lost interest in sex during the years of struggle with ED, and when menopause hit. I had a stroke that took away my sex drive completely. By the time I had healed from the implant surgery, neither my wife nor I had any interest in sex any more. We never used the implant once - if i'd gotten it 5 years earlier we could have had at least 5 years of intimacy before everything went south.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

razor1

Postby razor1 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:57 pm

Seeking wrote:Razor - when you're ready, could we just get a progress update on how you're doing? After enduring this on Wednesday I'd like to take a stroll round Vienna and at least get a bit of enjoyment out of what will be quite an expensive holiday ;) Is this feasible after the op or are things mighty delicate down there?

Any other info you could provide would be great buddy.

Thanks alot.

Good luck with your operation on Wed !

For walking around after the operation, I just went back to the hotel and rested - although I had a 15 hour flight at night, so wanted to make sure I was rested. It is a bit sensitive to walk after the operation. I walked a lot in the evening at the airport, and when I went to the toilet later my penis had swollen and bruised quite a bit (had not been bruised when i left hotel to airport). Not sure if it was going to bruise anyway or if the walking added to it. Dr Keuhhas did say to not walk to much when I emailed him after.

I'm just over 4 days now from the operation. I removed the large bandage (Dr said can remove after 2 days), but have left the surgical tape over the sutures (will leave it till it falls off). Swelling has gone down alot, and the bruising is also improving quite well. I have had some nocturnal erections - the first night or so they seemed rather weak, but seem to be improving each time. Am trying to not focus on that though and just let the healing process continue.

Echegollen

Postby Echegollen » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:57 am

Thanks a whole lot to keep us updated Razor1!

I sincerely wish you a fast recovery!

Good luck Seeking with your surgery this Wednesday!

We are all behind you 2!

razor1

Postby razor1 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:02 am

Echegollen wrote:Thanks a whole lot to keep us updated Razor1!

I sincerely wish you a fast recovery!

Good luck Seeking with your surgery this Wednesday!

We are all behind you 2!

Thanks Echegollen, appreciate the support !

Return to “Young members”